Matching speaker stand for Epiphony

jttlee

« on: 3 Aug 2004, 10:38 am »
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good speaker stand (preferably not costing too much) for Epiphony?

Thanks!

Regards,
John

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2004, 11:26 am »
I use the Stubby's with mine. They look good and best of all they are cheap and easy to build.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html

alex_odyssey_sg

• http://www.odysseyaudiosg.com
« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2004, 08:20 am »
We are using a pair of Solid Steel stands for the Epiphony. Don't neglect the stand cos you need a good pair to bring out the best in any bookshelf speakers...

Alex

jttlee

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2004, 06:58 am »
Hi All,

Which stand is a better match for Epiphony, wood or metal (steel)?

Thanks!

Regards,
John

odysseyhk

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2004, 03:12 pm »
I don't think it really matter.  Given it is solid and rigid, it should be fine.  I like Epiphony as it is relatively easy to get good sound out of it.

icefox

Used Tempest
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2004, 03:22 am »
Guys,

For those HK based folks, I saw a used Tempest on offer yesterday at AV Consignment, the old store at Mong Kok. I have not asked for the price.

Anyone interested, go check that out.

iCefoX

Dracule1

• Volunteer
I have the perfect stands for the Epiphony if you want them.
« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2004, 04:04 am »
Funny thing you mention this because I bought a pair of new Osiris 24" speaker stands couple of months ago for the Epiphonys.  These are probably one of the best stands produced.  The company went under years ago but people and dealers still use them, and you still see them in Hifi shows.  When I say new I mean, a guy bought a bunch of them before the company went under and sold a NOS pair to me.  They weigh about 40lbs each, before you fill them with sand.  I have not filled my with sand or it would weigh close to 80lbs!  New, these sold close to $500 per pair, but I will sell them for $220.  I paid $320 for them.  These stands are in mint condition, no scatches or dings.  The only problem is I do not have the orginal box but I do have the original internal styrofoam packing and all the accessories that came with it.  So if you live in the Boston area, it would be ideal.  If not, I would have to go out and get custom boxes and ship them to you - costs you would have to absorb.  

Let me know if you're interested. My email mckwon8@yahoo.com.

PS: If you're wondering what happened to the Epiphonys, I decided to get floor standers.  Although the Epiphonys are great 2-ways, best under 1500 IMHO, it can't beat $4000 speakers.

jttlee

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2004, 06:24 am »
Hi Dracule1,

Thanks for your offer.  I live in Hong Kong so shipping costs will be quite high for me.   :(

Now I'm also struggling between bookshelves and floodstanders.  If my final decision is the bookshelf, I'll definitely give you a mail.

Regards,
John

P.S.  So you plan to sell your Epiphony too?  Going for Nightingale/Lorelei?

Dracule1

• Volunteer
osiris stands
« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2004, 04:17 pm »
John,

although I would love to sell you the stands, I wouldn't recommend shipping the 80 lbs (~35kg) osiris stands to hong kong - too expensive.  these stands will definitely make an improvement in the sound of the epiphonys, though.

i returned the epiphonys back to odyssey before the 30-day trial ended.  odyssey is a great company to deal with.