Favorie creepy movie?

mca

Favorie creepy movie?
« on: 1 Nov 2013, 04:33 pm »
What's your favorite creepy or scary movie? Not necessarily gory, but something that keeps you on the edge of your seat and puts a chill up your spine. 
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2013, 06:10 pm by mca »

steve k

Re: Favorie creepie movie?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2013, 04:56 pm »
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2013, 09:11 pm by steve k »

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2013, 04:59 pm »
The Devil's Backbone directed by Guillermo del Toro

randytsuch

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2013, 04:59 pm »
Saw the end of "Night of the Living Dead" recently, and remembered what a classic movie it is.

Should get special consideration for creating zombie movies.

JCarney

« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2013, 05:50 pm »
"Event Horizon" with Sam Neil and Lawrence Fishburne is still a good one. Watched it again after 15 plus years a couple weeks ago and walked away saying to myself, "that is still a properly creepy movie".

This is a good thread to follow, I might get a few suggestions I was unaware of.

JCarney

kenreau

« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2013, 05:57 pm »
Let the Right One In.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
Re: Favorie creepy movie?
« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2013, 07:00 pm »
         I think "The Ring" bothered me more than any other recent scary movie. Something about the contorted corpses that was more gruesome than gore.  :o

mcgsxr

« Reply #7 on: 1 Nov 2013, 08:13 pm »
The Serpent and the Rainbow.  An odd scene involving a guy tied to a chair and a nail has stuck with me to this day...

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 1 Nov 2013, 08:14 pm »
'Angel Heart' is pretty cool too

RDavidson

« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2013, 09:47 pm »
Favorite creepy movie...........

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past :o

Just kidding. Never saw it. But just thinking about any movie (other than Dazed and Confused) with Matthew McConaughey, plus ghost chicks, gives me the creeps.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 1 Nov 2013, 09:50 pm »
Phantasm.

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2013, 12:36 am »
         I think "The Ring" bothered me more than any other recent scary movie. Something about the contorted corpses that was more gruesome than gore.  :o

Yeah. That's a good one. After seeing The Ring in the theater, I'm not sure I've experienced longer lingering creeps from any other movie since. Aside from some of the gruesome visuals, it is just a very strange, unnerving, and psychologically messed up movie. I'm not a huge horror/thriller fan, but when they're well done (like The Ring) I appreciate them. I think Paranormal Activity is pretty well done too. The pace/buildup of the movie, story, and how it was filmed works extremely well. Very creepy stuff.

RDavidson

« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2013, 12:41 am »
Let the Right One In.
That's a good movie, and not just for the genre. Compared to other scary movies, it didn't really creep me out very much. This is far better than the American remake, Let Me In.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2013, 12:48 am »
The Shining.  One of the few movies that creeps me out more the 2nd and 3rd time watching it.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #14 on: 2 Nov 2013, 12:55 am »
The Serpent and the Rainbow.....
Wow. I haven't thought about this movie in a couple decades. That was one awesome movie. If memory serves, it scared the hell out of me at that age.
That needs to be on my Netflix list.

I thought "The Exorcist" was dumb. But "The Entity" and "Poltergeist" kept me up at night back then.

RDavidson

« Reply #15 on: 2 Nov 2013, 01:13 am »
Poltergeist = The original Paranormal Activity
Excellent movie. Still holds up pretty well. As does The Shining. Both are classics.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2013, 01:43 am »

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 2 Nov 2013, 01:50 am »
'Dead and Buried' is a creepy somewhat obscure movie too.  It was made in 1981 and for a bit banned in the UK.  You have to watch it a couple of times to catch at least one of the major items.

mca

« Reply #18 on: 2 Nov 2013, 03:06 am »
I am home all next week caring for my wife who just had major surgery on her foot. This list will help keep me occupied when she is sleeping!

RDavidson

« Reply #19 on: 2 Nov 2013, 03:13 am »

Just read about it on wikipedia. Sounds REALLY good, if you're in the mood for some old school chills. :thumb: