Decently priced vinyl player

chgolatin2

Decently priced vinyl player
« on: 27 Sep 2013, 05:54 pm »
Gave up on vinyl a while ago, however, I still have countless of vinyl records around that I sort of miss "sometimes" I sold my 2 technique turntables a few years ago.  Now I have the bug all over again, want to keep my budget "affordable" under $500 or $300.  Should I consider going pre-owned or just buy new, if new, whats recommended?  lastly, would like the ability to be able to transfer my music from my vinyl player into my computer, what good quality players are available?  :scratch:

I haven't been on this board for months, maybe a year...   :roll:  Thanks for all the guidance and help

jupiterboy

Re: Decently priced vinyl player
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2013, 06:11 pm »
Used is always going to be a better value, and, for your cost, finding a used table with a reasonable cart is going to be key.

To record vinyl, you are going to need to run your signal into a recording device, computer or digital recorder. ADCs are hard to find—not many great options at the moment.

If you have time to wait for a deal, you may find something good. Everyone is going to suggest a Rega.

WireNut

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2013, 06:19 pm »
At that budget I'd say a used table off of craigslist. A used phono preamp, Vista, or new Bugle, new AT120E cart, shure, ext for starters.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2013, 11:13 pm »
Why not get an Orbit and give us a review?

www.gettheorbit.com/

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2013, 11:18 pm »
Gonna buck the trend here and second the recommendation of  The Orbit turntable referred to by Ericus. Rather than buy a used TT with no warranty and parts that may be made of unobtainium, you can get a very nice machine for under $400 for the higher end model. Yes, U-Turn is a startup and could go belly up, but I think that is the way I would go. Pro-Ject has some nice reasonably priced 'tables too and more of a track record. VPI Traveler would be another contender.

ohenry

« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2013, 01:11 am »
Wayner likes the Denon DP300F and it's within your budget.  :D
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119965.0

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2013, 07:08 pm »
The Pro-ject debut Carbon for around $400 is highly recommended. An amazing all round sounding deck.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2013, 09:10 pm »
Why not get an Orbit and give us a review?

www.gettheorbit.com/
I have one on order.  Should arrive in October.  Hopefully.

Guy 13

« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2013, 01:09 am »
I have one on order.  Should arrive in October.  Hopefully.
Hi jtwrace and all Audio Circle members.
I am looking forward to read your findings on the Orbit.
I am seriously considering that turntable to replace my Rega P3,
not because the Orbit is better sounding,
but because it's cheaper to service.
(Simple construction)

Guy 13

raysracing

« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2013, 02:17 am »
I found the process of ripping vinyl to be too much work and time consuming to be worth it. I started listening to vinyl a lot more instead of ripping. I could list the down sides of ripping if youd like.

Guy 13

« Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2013, 02:30 am »
I found the process of ripping vinyl to be too much work and time consuming to be worth it. I started listening to vinyl a lot more instead of ripping. I could list the down sides of ripping if youd like.
Hi raysracing and all Audio Circle members.
Please list the down sides of ripping the vinyls.

Guy 13

steve f

« Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2013, 03:49 pm »
Hi Guy 13,
I have two big negatives. The first can be attributed to ''audiophilia nervousa'' in that I would wonder if I had lost any information. The second is that through any two different turntable playback systems, differences will occur. Which brings me back to item one.   8)

Steve