Finishing Questions

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Finishing Questions
« Reply #20 on: 22 Sep 2013, 04:52 pm »
Ha - I've made every mistake in the book, and more on top!  All the way from building Danny's monstrous Alpha LS to some of his current stuff, I've messed up veneer by letting the contact cement surface touch the cabinet contact cement surface and having to rip it up, to misaligning braces, overglueing, underglueing, routing bad holes....the list is endless. :roll: :lol:
Now, finish those cabs and post photos. :)

Captainhemo

« Reply #21 on: 22 Sep 2013, 05:45 pm »
C'mon guys,  not mistakes....  EXPERIENCE   !!
I think most of us are in the same boat   :lol:

-jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 22 Sep 2013, 08:17 pm »
Jay,

In the Army we called it a "learning experience"  :lol:

Getting there. I'll be ordering the kit most likely on Wednesday. By the time it gets here the cabinets will be as done as they are going to be except for grills. I won't cut the grills out until I have the woofers on hand for measurements/alignment.

Once I get the N1X's built up and burned in I'm going to do a side by side comparison with the X-LS Encores. Then I will decide which set of towers I'll build first, either the X-MTM Encores or the N3's. I had been planning to build both pretty quickly and have one room set up with a upgraded 5.1 X-Encore system and the second room with an upgraded N-Series 5.1 system. Though I don't know what I would use for surrounds in the N-Series system. The N1X's are for a 2.1 system in my office.

I may still build up both systems but then again I may not. I was talking with Danny on another board a few weeks back about the OB X-series speakers he has on the drawing board and the X-Otica sounds like something I would be interested in. It also sounds like something I'm going to have to save up for a few months to afford.

Mike

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 25 Sep 2013, 11:51 pm »
I'm still arguing with one spot on the top of one of the cabinets but have ordered the N1X kit today. It ships tomorrow. Hopefully, by the time it arrives I'll have finished the cabinets and gotten the NoRez installed.

On the bright side, even if I'm not satisfied with how the cabinets turn out I can always build new ones and move the drivers and crossover networks. The only thing I'd really be out would be the cost of the material, NoRez and the ports.

Mike