Let's watch some pro football (2013-14)

charmerci

Re: Let's watch some pro football (2013-14)
« Reply #280 on: 3 Feb 2014, 01:57 am »
Yikes. Denver can't do anything right.

Will they even score?

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #281 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:07 am »
Is Denver doing this on purpose,  I mean, come on...!

dB Cooper

« Reply #282 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:07 am »

lowtech

« Reply #283 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:08 am »
It just keeps getting better.   :icon_lol:

Edit: added extra  :icon_lol:

mg8

• Roll Away the Dew
« Reply #284 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:16 am »
 8)

roscoeiii

« Reply #285 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:26 am »
Think Seattle will beat the spread?

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #286 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:39 am »

Big Can of Whup-Ass ... meet the Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos ... meet Big Can of Whup-Ass

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #288 on: 3 Feb 2014, 03:09 am »
I believe the Broncos have just ascended to another plateau that they occupy alone --- only team to have lost 5 Super Bowls. NYG, SF, Redskins, Dallas, and now Seattle. They may also own the two biggest blowout losses.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #289 on: 3 Feb 2014, 03:21 am »
Congratulations to Seattle, they just had one of those days where everything went perfectly - they played great.
The Broncos had one of those days but not the kind you want.  More like Exederin Headache Number 54.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #290 on: 3 Feb 2014, 03:50 am »
Unbelievable performance by Seattle.
Unbelievable performance by Denver.
Congrats to Seattle.  Well done.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #291 on: 3 Feb 2014, 04:07 am »
I caught a little of the game, had it open in one window here and there in my browser while I worked on my accounting homework.  Pretty much from the first safety is almost a foregone conclusion.  It was one of the most lopsided Super Bowls I've ever seen.  Suits me fine, Seattle had to be due for one.  Now maybe Minnesota can finally do it someday. :duh: :lol:

roscoeiii

« Reply #292 on: 3 Feb 2014, 04:18 am »
Now maybe Minnesota can finally do it someday. :duh: :lol:

Well, lots of former Vikes on the Seahawks...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #293 on: 3 Feb 2014, 04:27 am »
Yeah, they're like the "Vikings West Coast" now!  Except that they win stuff... :wink:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #294 on: 3 Feb 2014, 01:01 pm »
You could say Seattle won because they generated four turnovers, but I think they would have won without any.  Payton played so poorly and was pressured so much he looked rattled and shaken.  Denver lost the first quarter decisively, yet was down only 8 points.  With a score it would have swung momentum and perhaps made it a game, but Denver couldn't stop Seattle nor move the ball an inch.  Not what I expected as I predicted Denver to handle Seattle handily.  Oh well.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #295 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:10 pm »
Renee Fleming and Burno Mars (and maybe a couple of the ads) were the highlights of the game.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #296 on: 3 Feb 2014, 03:07 pm »
Wow.  What a team effort.  They believed and it showed.  These guys are connected like no team I remember seeing before.  I think it begins with Pete Carroll.  Something about this guy is motivating to me, too.  He just looks so positive and involved with his players on the sideline.  He never appears aloof to me like some stoic kind of coaches do.  His apparent attitude and energy is contagious to me and his players, too, I think, where it matters.  What a team we saw and what a bright and positive commander in Russell Wilson.  I loved what I saw in spite of having picked Denver to win.  I gots won over.

soundbitten1

« Reply #297 on: 3 Feb 2014, 04:47 pm »
The better team won. I thought the AFC was a little suspect this year.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #298 on: 3 Feb 2014, 05:03 pm »
The Seattle pass rush was poetry in motion, loved it, loved it, loved it. This morning I watched Russell Wilson being interviewd on ESPN and he deflected all praise about his effort back to the team and to Carroll and then ended the interview with an understated "Go Hawks". That's some 'kid'.

jackman

« Reply #299 on: 3 Feb 2014, 05:27 pm »
I agree, Seattle completely outplayed Denver in all aspects of the game.  Their defense is awesome and they always seemed one or two steps ahead of Denver throughout the game.  Manning was rattled but he wasn't the only one.  The O-line couldn't handle Seattle's pass rush and the Seattle secondary showed why they are the best in the game.  Add a couple early turnovers and bad special teams play by Denver and the momentum swung completely in favor of the Seahawks. 

There were lots of key plays during that game, not including the turnovers, but I would say Seattle's offensive success on third down, in the first half, really tipped the scales heavily in their favor.  Also, their defense completely stopped Denver on third and some key fourth down plays.  That was about as one sided a SB game as I can ever recall seeing.  It was kind of a disappointment because after so many great playoff contests this post season, the BIG game was decided long before halftime! 

Oh, and I really liked Bruno Marz and the RHCP's at halftime.  That guy is a very talented young entertainer who writes his own music, can play every instrument (drums, piano/keyboards, guitar, base, harmonica, etc.) and has a three octave vocal range!  AND, he can dance like a young James Brown!  I was not familiar with his music before last night (other than a couple pop songs on the radio) but I was impressed by his talent.  He's like a young Prince, mixed with James Brown, with the vocals of a young Michael Jackson (before he went nuts).  It was possibly the best SB halftime performance I have seen in years.  Maybe the best ever, IMO.