Let's watch some pro football (2013-14)

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Let's watch some pro football (2013-14)
« Reply #120 on: 25 Nov 2013, 12:54 am »
I was just starting to believe in the Gmen and they go and lose to the hated Cowgirls!!   :banghead:

Ugh!!

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #121 on: 25 Nov 2013, 01:31 am »
Giants won 4 games in a row due to having drawn backup or banged up QBs in all of them. Same formula made KC look like the real thing. Finishing the season at 9-7 is the most you can hope for ---- and that is a pretty extreme long shot.

Unless something utterly unimaginable happens, there will be no Wild Card coming out of the NFC East.

AFC Wild Cards are wide open though. Looks like KC has captured one of them. There are about 8 teams tied for the last one right now.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #122 on: 25 Nov 2013, 01:47 am »
Yeah, the Giants aren't going to get it done this year.
They have flashes of greatness but there's no consistency.
I did like the part where the Cowboys didn't touch the guy and he gets up and runs in for the touch down.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #123 on: 25 Nov 2013, 02:22 am »
Think the NFC East, tho it's still early, will come down to the Eagles and the Cowboys.  Much as I loathe Jerry Jones, I'm a Cowboy's fan at heart and Romo was impressive today, at least.  They didn't seem demoralized by that New Orleans loss which I think is pretty astonishing. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #124 on: 25 Nov 2013, 02:43 am »
To early to pick the teams in the Super Bowl?  How's about Denver and New Orleans. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #125 on: 25 Nov 2013, 03:12 am »
Yikes!!! At halftime the Bronkies are leading N.E. 24-0.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #126 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:28 am »
Wow!  And Brady brings them back to win it OT! :o  He truly is the best QB playing in the modern era. :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #127 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:32 am »
Whoa. What a game. Think my highlight was Brady yelling at the ref.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #128 on: 25 Nov 2013, 11:40 am »
Peyton Manning showed us last night what to expect from him in the playoffs.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #129 on: 25 Nov 2013, 03:05 pm »
Listening to the pundits this morning about last night's game, Ron Jaworski offered that Belachick intentionally loaded up the middle to force Manning to have to throw outside where the wind would be New England's ally.  If that's true, Belachick is living up to all the hype about him.  What a game for New England.  And we fans.  Can't wait for the re-match.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #130 on: 25 Nov 2013, 03:26 pm »
Peyton Manning showed us last night what to expect from him in the playoffs.

If it's in that kind of weather, well maybe so.
How come Manning always seems to be playing Brady in his stadium?

Regardless that was a game about turnovers.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #131 on: 25 Nov 2013, 03:48 pm »
Super Bowl will be in North Jersey in early February at night. Having grown up in the area, I feel qualified to predict cold and, probably, wet conditions. Good chance of wind and strong possibility of snow. Major yuck.

But no matter the climate conditions, you still have to take into account the steering that the refs introduce. Last night Talib mauled D. Thomas with impunity. Replays showed him pulling him all over the field by his jersey. Collingsworth pointed out how Gronk headed straight for the end zone, slammed into Woodyard, knocking him aside and then turned to catch the touchdown. In a fairly officiated game that would be offensive P.I. Not this time.

I maintain that there is holding all over the field on every play and that pass interference occurs nearly as often. Which ones are called, and when, goes a long way toward determining the outcome. NFL script apparently called for a New England victory last night. It adds intrigue to the Denver/KC struggle giving a better storyline to their showdown next Sunday. Also keeps the Pats in the very narrow AFC picture.

How else do you explain some of the calls we've seen this year?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #132 on: 25 Nov 2013, 04:24 pm »
Super Bowl will be in North Jersey in early February at night. Having grown up in the area, I feel qualified to predict cold and, probably, wet conditions. Good chance of wind and strong possibility of snow. Major yuck.

But no matter the climate conditions, you still have to take into account the steering that the refs introduce. Last night Talib mauled D. Thomas with impunity. Replays showed him pulling him all over the field by his jersey. Collingsworth pointed out how Gronk headed straight for the end zone, slammed into Woodyard, knocking him aside and then turned to catch the touchdown. In a fairly officiated game that would be offensive P.I. Not this time.

I maintain that there is holding all over the field on every play and that pass interference occurs nearly as often. Which ones are called, and when, goes a long way toward determining the outcome. NFL script apparently called for a New England victory last night. It adds intrigue to the Denver/KC struggle giving a better storyline to their showdown next Sunday. Also keeps the Pats in the very narrow AFC picture.

Blaming the Refs ... lame  :roll:

jackman

« Reply #133 on: 25 Nov 2013, 04:40 pm »
Blaming the Refs ... lame  :roll:

I agree!   Did the refs cause the Broncos to muff that punt in OT?  The Pats showed tremendous heart and Manning showed his weaknesses.  He's one if the best ever but he sucks in bad conditions.  The say his spiral isn't tight on his ball and his accuracy suffers in windy conditions as a result.  I'm not sure why but he looked like the lesser talent last night.

Both teams complained about the officiating and they were letting the db's on both teams get physical all night.  The Broncos still have a good shot at getting to the superbowl but I am not confident about their chances of winning an outdoor game against a good team. 

I just wish they would have shown the look on Elway's face after that disheartening loss. That horse toothed jackass probably had smoke coming out if his ears.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the broncos playing in Denver when the weather gets nice and cold and windy.  Macro might want to hold off on those Super Bowl reservations. 

Great game!

rodge827

« Reply #134 on: 25 Nov 2013, 04:41 pm »

A controlled conspiracy by the NFL to produce a good drama?

Could be possible... :dunno:

Human error?

Most likely...nobody's perfect  :wink:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #135 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:45 pm »
Jackman -   Macro might want to hold off on those Super Bowl reservations. 
                 _______________________________________ _____________

Never gave that a thought. I went to the Super Bowl once -- won't do it again. I'm too fond of the comforts of home.

I would say the biggest contributor to the Broncos failure last night was Bill Belichick's genius and the fact that Jack Del Rio has not become acquainted with the concept of strategy.

Will it go any better in KC next week? I have my doubts. Even though KC lost their two prolific pass rushers yesterday, they will still benefit from Arrowhead and weather and Del Rio. Also looks like the biggest star of last night's game may not be available come Sunday. Moreno was seen in a walking boot last night.
The other running backs are fumblers who don't block very well.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #136 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:49 pm »
A controlled conspiracy by the NFL to produce a good drama?

Could be possible... :dunno:

Human error?

Most likely...nobody's perfect  :wink:

Not about perfection - that's why we have replay. You can't tell me none of the refs saw Gronk knock Woodyard out of the way so he could catch a touchdown pass, especially when they claim to examine every TD and turnover. Thing is the examiners can only address calls - not no-calls.

jackman

« Reply #137 on: 25 Nov 2013, 06:11 pm »
Macro,

If the Broncos don't take care of KC next week, I think their season is shot.  The Chiefs don't scare anyone these days...they lost to the Chargers!  I had the Broncos as a heavy favorite coming into this game, but that was before last night's game.  Now I'm not too sure.   

Also, I wouldn't blame Del Rio for the loss.  If anything, it saved John Fox from having to view that historic collapse.  Fox might have gone off the cardiac cliff after watching that game.   :?

It just looks like the Pats exposed the Broncos' major weakness, Manning's inability to throw the ball in poor conditions.  They dared him to throw outside and he doesn't seem to have the ability these days.  Indoors and in good weather, he's almost unbeatable.   This is why I was surprised Manning picked Denver.  Seattle really wanted him and I can't belive he didn't choose the Seahawks over Denver.  Controlled environment/dome, super loud fans, good offense, etc.   :scratch:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #138 on: 25 Nov 2013, 07:04 pm »
Controlled environment/dome, super loud fans, good offense, etc.   :scratch:

jackman, just for info you may be thinking of the old demolished KingDome in that regard. Here's the new field  http://www.centurylinkfield.com/stadium-facts/. Granted the freezing factor is mostly out of the equation, but unless you're in one of the seats, it's open air above, rain, wind, etc.  And we're quite happy with Mr. Wilson & Company if anyone is wondering.   :thumb:

sts9fan

« Reply #139 on: 25 Nov 2013, 07:55 pm »
:::Pats fan disclaimer:::

Imvho Payton proved unwilling to take the game in his hands. Who cares if they rushed for 280 yards?  What did it get them?  The fact that BB disrespected Payton and feared the wind more them him says it all. Then whoa does Payton do? Hands it off. Honestly only during the drive in the 4th did Payton look good. The first TD was D, second a 10yard two play drive, third FG. Was the next something like 35 yards?  Payton looked like a NBA player unwilling to take the final shot.