The BDA2 wpn't turn on

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: The BDA2 wpn't turn on
« Reply #20 on: 9 Sep 2013, 07:57 pm »
Hi James!

Unfortunately, it appears you were right all along and something is going on with the power switch and I am thinking it might have picked up some dust, either in the factory where the boards are manufactured or on the factory where the boards are installed.

Sometimes it won't respond at all but it does eventually if you press the button really hard. I do not want to do that as it is not healthy since I think the board is screwed vertically onto the front panel and by doing so the board is bent.

What shall I do?
Antun

I would send it in for service - contact Mike Picket at mpickett@bryston.com

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #21 on: 11 Sep 2013, 02:01 pm »
I would send it in for service - contact Mike Picket at mpickett@bryston.com

james

James, I contacted Mike yesterday and received no reply from him. I must also tell you that I advised Bryston of this problem ten days ago and received no reply to that either. It is not what I expect from your company, certainly not when there is a problem to be resolved.

drummermitchell

« Reply #22 on: 11 Sep 2013, 02:59 pm »
Your better off to phone Mike,toll free 1-800-632-8217

R. Daneel

« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2013, 08:06 am »
Still no reply. This is interesting.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #24 on: 12 Sep 2013, 11:22 am »
Still no reply. This is interesting.

Strange it is - I know Mike tried to contact you yesterday - will recheck :scratch:

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2013, 06:43 pm »
Strange it is - I know Mike tried to contact you yesterday - will recheck :scratch:

james

Hi James!

I got a reply from Mike only today afternoon. He told me he contacted the distributor immediately and that you / they would send a replacement unit.

Mike will advise what the next step is when he gets a reply from the distributor.

The one thing I will not do, and I must stress this out, is send my unit in for a service and then wait for it to arrive. That is out of the question. Bryston can provide with a replacement new unit easily and if everyone else got their properly functioning DAC, I think I am entitled to expect the same for myself.

I will gladly send my unit to the distributor here once they inform me that the new unit has arrived.

Antun