Looking for a "hign end" vinyl setup to audition a new phono preamp.

avahifi

We are nearly done with a new unique and high quality hybrid RIAA phono preamplfier.

I would like the opportunity to audition it in a different very high quality turntable setup somewhere in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Note that we do not have low output moving coil cartridge capability built in yet.

I would love to bring it to your home at your convenience to find out if our engineering efforts are worthwhile.

You are welcome to respond here or to call me at 651-330-9871.

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

rcag_ils

« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2013, 09:47 pm »
« Last Edit: 1 Sep 2013, 12:50 am by rcag_ils »

Funnehaha

Hi Frank,

Hmm....my place is pretty much a "bachelor pad" [read:messy] in South Minneapolis kinda sorta near Roosevelt HS.

In the [small] living room, I've got a SOTA Sapphire with an AT OC-9 that I use with an old Audio Alchemy VITB, but I have an old PS Audio headamp. Normally the SOTA/VITB then goes into your Omega III EC then Insight 170 in the Dyna 120 chassis then to a couple small PSB minitowers.

In the unfinished basement "den" [not bad if you want to listen close-field], there's a Thorens TD126III with a Shure V15 V cartridge [I also have a mono stylus] that normally goes into either Super PAS/Golden Tube Audio amp or Adcom GPF 565/Bryston 2B-LP and then on to a pair of Spica TC-50s.

Obviously not "high-end" in some ways, especially since I don't live in the suburban boonies where everyone has a dedicated listening room and a 35 mile one way daily commute. It's a normal small bungalow where music is played as accurately as possible, in the little amount of free time a normal person has these days.

I'm sure there are better venues, but then again I'm not quite sure what you're expecting or looking for.

Regards,

A loyal AVA fan

Lefty052347

• AVA Associate
Funnehaha,

Email me with some contact info or call Frank.  I live in south Minneapolis as well and would be interested in bringing the new solid state phono preamp over for a demo.

Regards,
Dean