"New" Home Depot App

ctviggen

"New" Home Depot App
« on: 2 Sep 2013, 01:14 pm »
I went to Home Depot yesterday and I found out the HD near me has Wi-Fi and an app (for Android). I don't know how "new" the app is, but I didn't know HD had one.   I downloaded the app and was able to find out the location and isle for a few things.  The app also has a store layout (which I did not try).  It seems to be very helpful.  However:

1) The app told me there were 7 "switch guards" at one location when there were zero.

2) Searching isn't great.  For instance, instead of "switch guard", I used other terms to search and could not find what I wanted.  Luckily, I had previously searched at home and put "switch guard" on my list, so I was able to use the exact term, which helped a lot.  A "switch guard" is a plastic device that goes over a switch so you can still operate the switch but it lets you know you shouldn't be operating the switch.  I use these for dishwasher switches (who operates those?), automatic lights, attic lights, etc. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: "New" Home Depot App
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2013, 02:40 pm »
Sounds pretty cool.
I guess when the stores get large enough, they have to have a GPS/satellite navigation, and pinpoint location of the user to help you find your way through the store.   :lol:

randytsuch

Re: "New" Home Depot App
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2013, 11:51 pm »
So I am installing the iphone app now, can't hurt.

This made me wonder how much time I've wasted over the years looking for things in HD? :roll:

Randy