acoustic reality digital ice power amps

mrx

« on: 24 Jul 2004, 08:59 pm »
:D anyone tried or heard these digital ice power modules.or similar i.e jeff rowland.

mrx

« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2004, 08:37 pm »
:D what do other digital amps compare to say a decent valve amp like a ear 509. i want musicality and neutrality

Ernest

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2004, 02:46 pm »
All the digital amps sound very good.  Try to find an opportunity to listen to some of them.  Or just pick what you can afford and looks good to you, and enjoy the music.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2004, 05:53 pm »
Quote from: mrx
:D what do other digital amps compare to say a decent valve amp like a ear 509. i want musicality and neutrality

EAR gear is musical, but defintely not neutral.  It is on the warm side and the frequency extremes aren't as good as the midrange.

George

Ernest

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2004, 04:37 am »
I used to own a pair of Acoustic Reality eAR One MK II monoblocks.  Personally I think they are nearly as good as it gets.  Exceptionally neutral and musical.  Your other equipment better measure up!

Jay S

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2004, 04:48 am »
I'm very happy with my eAR Two iCEpower amp.  If your other components are up to it, the system will sound very powerful, smooth and dynamic.  I have a friend who only likes SET (single ended triode) tube amps but he enjoyed listening to my system... though that was when I had a quality transport feeding my DAC (but before I had a balanced power supply).

Jay S

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2004, 04:55 am »
Hi Ernest,

Hope you've been well.  How well do your Dared's power your Tetra Livings?  I have a 9 wpc 300B SET amp which I was using with my Acoustic Reality Avinci 1's (but in my smallish bedroom) but have never tried it in my living room with my nOrh 9s.... kinda hard now since I've sold my mesh-plate 300B tubes!

Ernest

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2004, 06:29 pm »
They don't handle the Tetra's too well.  My sig is out of date so I'll update it and then you can see what I am using.  My current setup is temporary but I'll probably be living with it for quite some time.  I like it well enough though for the little bit of listening that I have time for.