panny axiom setup?

AutoAudio

• http://www.luckyduckies.com
panny axiom setup?
« on: 22 Jul 2004, 12:03 am »
Ok so my true passion is car audio but long story short i no longer have a car and haven't had one for several months. I'm going through serious withdraw from my audio so i need a fix. I know absolutly nothing about home audio except what carries over from car audio. I've been doing a lot of research and I'm a big fan of listen to it before you buy it but I can't find any where to listen to axiom. Anyways I've been thinking of a few set ups the cheapest being a set of axiom m3ti's pushed by a panny saxr25 and the more expensive one being axiom m22ti's pushed by a panny saxr45. I'm not sure how the panny would work for a two channel amp and it seems like a waste of all the other channels so if you have suggestions on other two channel amps for around the same price feel free and I'm willing to toy with any variation of the above set ups. Enough with my rambling, I would really appreciate any opinions or ideas Thanks fellas.

AphileEarlyAdopter

panny axiom setup?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2004, 01:30 am »
There is nothing else at this price !!!! (Based on my experience with the $250 Panasonic SA-XR50. Note, you also dont need a good CD player, only one which has a good digital out).

ABEX

panny axiom setup?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2004, 02:52 am »
There are a few people using the Pannny\Axiom matchup.

Do not think in terms of the other channels going to waste as you might need them in the future. You could also use them if you ever have speakers which can be Bi-Amped also.
Be glad they are there!

If you get the Axioms you can always modify them by changing the Capacitor in them I am told which gives them even better performance.

Dr.D or Dmason on these BB's has that setup and says it is a great match and I tend to believe him!He also uses my speaker wires with them I believe.

Good luck!

AutoAudio

• http://www.luckyduckies.com
panny axiom setup?
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2004, 03:33 am »
Thanks for the replies so far.. do you know which axioms and panny he uses abex? thanks again.