alphas in wisconsin or close

hum4god

« on: 21 Jul 2004, 07:38 pm »
hi
i read a lot about the gr research alpha ls and am now desperately looking for an opportunity to listen to these.
i live close to madison in wi and i am willing to drive a few hours.
i am happy to bring some equippement(highly modified philips sacd 1000 by dan) and invite you for dinner or so.
any help or ideas are highly appreciated...
hum4god

KJ

« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2004, 10:54 pm »
hum4god,

I'd be interested in tagging along if you find someone willing to show off their Alphas.  I'm just north of Milwaukee.

-KJ

hum4god

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2004, 07:20 pm »
okay i waited for quite a while and now its time to reformulate the question:who would be the closest to my location 53965 wisconsin dells wisconsin who has alphas that i can listen to.
please     anyone    in  the midwest     il    .......??????
thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2004, 08:53 pm »
jonwb is the closest to you, but I think he is still working on his.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=profile;u=157

Send him an e-mail.

jonwb

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2004, 05:38 pm »
Quote from: Danny
jonwb is the closest to you, but I think he is still working on his.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=profile;u=157

Send him an e-mail.

Don't bother sending an e-mail... they are NOT done.  Hit the "wall" when it came time to cut the driver holes in the front baffle.  I plan on taking a day off work next week and doing the deed.  

Once that is done I'll be rolling again.  All my other panel sets are cut and glued.  Of course when I was gluing an inner and outer together on one set, they must have moved when I was stacking weights on them and now the inner is a little diagonal.  I'll have to re-work that a bit...

someday I'll finish them.  Not the answer that hum4god or KJ was looking for but that's the way it is.

hum4god

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2004, 08:58 pm »
well,
i wish you good luck with your alphas project.thanks a lot for telling us about the status of your speakers .
i am not in a hurry to listen to them.so if you could post again when they are done and broken in that would be fantastic.
the building part is one of the reasons why i am a bit hesitant in getting these babys.
couldn't you find someone who cut the baffles for you in the area?
or did you want to do it yourself?
god bless you

KJ

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2004, 09:48 pm »
jonwb,

Better for you to take your time and get them done right.  Definitely not a project you want to rush on.  Best of luck!  Let us know when you're all done and maybe we can help you break them in.   :D

-KJ

jonwb

Back rollin' again...
« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2004, 02:39 am »
Well hey, what do you know...  a couple weeks ago I got some courage (no not the liquid kind) and finally cut the front panels for my Alphas.  I've been doing a bunch of other stuff on 'em too.  

Maybe I'll start another thread explaining things a bit more, but for now I'll just post a link to my AC Gallery where I put up some pictures today.

Here you go...