Super V's and the Joules Divorcing - kid involved

Cheeseboy

Re: Super V's and the Joules Divorcing - kid involved
« Reply #40 on: 18 Jul 2013, 04:20 pm »
Thanks Hugh.   I just moved in my new house and now have a proper listening room :D.   Hopefully I can start the set up tomorrow :thumb:   

Congradulations!  I have a feeling it was a hard fought battle but you have endured!

Cheeseboy

« Reply #41 on: 18 Jul 2013, 04:23 pm »
Wow those cables are expensive. Not trying to degrade them in any way but a pair of interconnects cost more than my current amp, preamp, dac, and a month's rent combined. (Won't after I get my Dodd preamp/monoblocks :D)

I hope to one day make enough money to be able to afford stuff like that. Congrats to all you successful people.

The 6H30DR tube has settled in my Dodd preamp and I am friggan amazed how it sounds.  It's $200 and worth every penny. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 18 Jul 2013, 05:00 pm »
The 6H30DR tube has settled in my Dodd preamp and I am friggan amazed how it sounds.  It's $200 and worth every penny.

I have one of those in mine. It is pretty incredible.

Andre2

« Reply #43 on: 18 Jul 2013, 05:46 pm »
Preiceless   !   U Tube here   he comes    :rotflmao:

BTW,  what album is that  , think I need it 

-jay

Greenhouse, by Ry Cooder

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Ry-Cooder/dp/B000002N0X/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1374169289&sr=1-1&keywords=music+by+ry+cooder

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #44 on: 18 Jul 2013, 06:41 pm »
Planning to drive up on Saturday, 8/10, then drive back the next day.

I got to stop by Luan's place to swap out the Melody Pre first.
I am working on it!  Let me know when you plan on the drive and I will see if I can make it happen by then.  I need a good excuse to get the house in order :D

Cheeseboy

« Reply #46 on: 18 Jul 2013, 11:06 pm »
I have one of those in mine. It is pretty incredible.

Danny,

What caps do you run in the Dodd Battery Preamp?  Is there an upgrade that Gary would reccommend for say Ls6?  Is there a cap set for the Super V'S?

Steve

Danny Richie

« Reply #47 on: 18 Jul 2013, 11:17 pm »
What caps do you run in the Dodd Battery Preamp?

I have Sonicaps with Platinum by-pass caps.

Is there an upgrade that Gary would reccommend for say Ls6?

Gary is not a speaker guy, so I don't think he has any LS-6 upgrades. I have a recommended upgrade for the LS-6 though.

Is there a cap set for the Super V'S?

There is a Jupiter cap upgrade for the tweeter circuit. And it matches very well with the Super-V tweeter.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #48 on: 19 Jul 2013, 02:41 am »
Sorry I was reading a thread about a pre amp where the caps were being upgraded with profound results.  Kinda like tuning or upgrading the crossover in a pair of speakers.  I thought for sure Gary would have hot rodded your preamp.  I should ask him directly.  He suggested the DR tube.  Home run.

Danny Richie

« Reply #49 on: 19 Jul 2013, 03:30 am »
Sorry I was reading a thread about a pre amp where the caps were being upgraded with profound results.  Kinda like tuning or upgrading the crossover in a pair of speakers.  I thought for sure Gary would have hot rodded your preamp.  I should ask him directly.  He suggested the DR tube.  Home run.

Oh, mine is pretty well hot rodded out. I have Platinum by-pass caps and only a .047uF cap in the third output so that the third output has a built in high pass filter. And yes I have the DR tube as well. Other caps have been tried with mixed results.

Captainhemo

« Reply #51 on: 19 Jul 2013, 03:32 pm »
Listened to it  last night and enjoyed it ,  thanks guys  :beer:

-hjay

lacro

« Reply #52 on: 19 Jul 2013, 05:38 pm »
Listened to it  last night and enjoyed it ,  thanks guys  :beer:

-hjay

Ry Cooder.. Huh! I have one of his CD's I will have to dig it out. Thanks!  :beer: (Breckenridge 471 IPA)

Cheeseboy

« Reply #53 on: 20 Jul 2013, 11:40 pm »
Oh, mine is pretty well hot rodded out. I have Platinum by-pass caps and only a .047uF cap in the third output so that the third output has a built in high pass filter. And yes I have the DR tube as well. Other caps have been tried with mixed results.

What sPeakers would you use on the third output. 

Cheeseboy

« Reply #54 on: 20 Jul 2013, 11:42 pm »

What is the application for the high pass filter.   Subwoofer

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #55 on: 21 Jul 2013, 12:03 am »
If I remember right, high pass output to the coax/planar driver(s) in the SV/S7, full output to the servo OB drivers for each speaker, full output to the sealed servo subs in the back of the room.

Danny Richie

« Reply #56 on: 21 Jul 2013, 03:24 am »
If I remember right, high pass output to the coax/planar driver(s) in the SV/S7, full output to the servo OB drivers for each speaker, full output to the sealed servo subs in the back of the room.

This is correct.

That output with the high pass filter also works well with mini-monitors.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #57 on: 21 Jul 2013, 04:11 am »
Friday or Saturday? :)

I may bring some ICs from MG Audio to let you guys try (we used them at THE Show Newport).
Anybody got any further on this? We're thinking of driving up, but have to figure a few things out (like if we want to stay near the show or someplace else closer to wherever).

Sounds like it would be a blast to attend the show for a bit and visit GTG style and listen to some gear!

Cheeseboy

« Reply #58 on: 21 Jul 2013, 10:06 pm »
Perhaps a trip to Vegas might help joules.  It seems to be working for me right now.  I have a suite at the pallatso.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #59 on: 21 Jul 2013, 11:25 pm »
Perhaps a trip to Vegas might help joules.  It seems to be working for me right now.  I have a suite at the pallatso.

:thumb:

Don't donate too much $$$ to the local economy (save it for Audio gear & Music  :green:)