14BSST will not power up since connecting Sonic Frontiers Line 3 remote trigger!

BrystonNut

• Bryston, there is no substitute!
Hi,

I just bought a refurbished Line 3 preamp from Chris Johnson at the Parts Connexxion...just got everything hooked up this morning and turned the power on...Line 3 started up fine...but my 14BSST and BDP & BDA ones no power up...I have everything on remote triggers.

Next I tried setting the 14BSST to local and nothing :cry: :cry:...this is awful...its Saturday...major bummer.

Looking at the SF manual its 30V max for remote trigger and the Bryston is 12V...so maybe the relay inside the 14BSST? I dunno...this should just work shouldn't it?

Any suggestions?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
I can't help you with that one but I'd contact Chris Johnson to see if he knows what the deal is.
Nice choice in preamps, by the way.

BrystonNut

• Bryston, there is no substitute!
No worries...I will contact Chris...looks like I will have to send the 14BSST in... :roll:

Luckily I have a Copland CTA501 that I can use as an amp...finally got tunes going...and yeah, wow...sounds great...can't wait to get the Bryston going...the 14 is stellar too.

The Line 3 is sweet, I had a Line 1 years ago but sold it for a change :duh:...definitely like the Line 3 over anything else I have ever had.

Just a burn with this remote trigger thing...pretty sure it cooked the power relay in the Bryston...its just dead...no power gettin' through.

Never thought I would be wishing for Monday :violin:

mesonto

No worries...I will contact Chris...looks like I will have to send the 14BSST in... :roll:

Luckily I have a Copland CTA501 that I can use as an amp...finally got tunes going...and yeah, wow...sounds great...can't wait to get the Bryston going...the 14 is stellar too.

The Line 3 is sweet, I had a Line 1 years ago but sold it for a change :duh:...definitely like the Line 3 over anything else I have ever had.

Just a burn with this remote trigger thing...pretty sure it cooked the power relay in the Bryston...its just dead...no power gettin' through.

Never thought I would be wishing for Monday :violin:

Did this work out for you in the end? I ask because I have a pair of 7B3s and a Sonic Frontiers Line 3 now.

This thread is so old, but I hope you still get this.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
I would suggest a Personal Message to the OP of this thread instead of expecting a reply 
(to a seven year old thread.)

mesonto

I would suggest a Personal Message to the OP of this thread instead of expecting a reply 
(to a seven year old thread.)

You are probably correct, although I did just talk with Bryston for an extended amount of time and they were so incredibly helpful that I think I am okay now.

I do have to say that Bryston are beyond excellent with their customer service!