Living with the X-Statik's once again...

Chops

Re: Living with the X-Statik's once again...
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jul 2013, 01:20 am »
You could suspend the drivers by strings and rubber bands in the larger openings. LOL  :green:

On a more serious note, I think the only real thing that would be needed to run the Neo 3 in the X-Statik is a crossover rework. I can't find any info on the Neo 3 mounting plates (even on Parts Express), but it looks like those plates are fairly close in size to the T26SG in the X-Statik. They might be a drop-in fitment.

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 6 Jul 2013, 01:17 pm »
The Neo 3 face plates are much bigger.

Crossovers are very different, drivers are all different....

persisting1

« Reply #22 on: 6 Jul 2013, 09:25 pm »
The Neo 3 face plates are much bigger.

Crossovers are very different, drivers are all different....

It was a stupid question to ask. Sorry about that.

Chops

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2013, 12:49 am »
It was a stupid question to ask. Sorry about that.

I wouldn't say a stupid question. At least from my point of view, I call it wishful thinking.  :green:

Chops

« Reply #24 on: 9 Jul 2013, 01:38 pm »
Something else I would like to add to this whole speaker position thing...

I used to notice that the bass would sound stronger and better if I sat on the edge of the couch, putting me about 2' closer to the speakers. Now that I have them out further (in their final positions), the bass quantity and quality has moved back a couple feet to my listening position. This is a good thing!

These speakers are leaving little to the imagination.  :thumb:

Chops

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2013, 02:06 am »
I just wanted to add to this thread something I witnessed tonight. Just a few minutes ago in fact...

I was listening to The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon CD. I hope some of you guys are familiar with this disc so you can listen for it yourself.

Anyway, on the last track "How Can I Stop", the last 60 seconds or so is just a bunch of random drums, guitar, piano, etc, etc beats and notes going all at once, with this single clarinet solo in the middle of it all. Out of all of the controlled chaos, this single clarinet comes through crystal clear, somewhat in front and just right of center. With all that's going on, you can clearly hear the woodsy texture and tone to the instrument like it's right in the room with you.

The only other time I heard anything close to this was with my old Maggies, and they didn't even present it like this! And the NHT's?... Forget about it.

Chops

« Reply #26 on: 14 Jul 2013, 09:25 pm »
Has anyone here watched a movie with the X-Statik's running fullrange with no subwoofer(s)?

We just watched "A Good Day To Die Hard" last night on the big screen (my brother brought it over last night). Man, this movie has some bass to it and the X-Statik's were no slouch in reproducing the majority of the bass content. My brother has two new 12" Dayton powered subs in his system that actually do quite well with movies, and even he was impressed in the performance last night. I have to say, even I was shocked at the amount of really deep bass these babies were reproducing. There was lots of crashes, bashes, gangs and explosions, and the X-Statik's delivered. There was even a lot of this really low level rumble (sounded like it was down in the low 30's or lower) in various scenes and you would swear there was a subwoofer somewhere in the room. It was that deep and that good.

The X-Statik's performed excellent throughout the entire movie. There were however two parts in the movie where the little Monarchy Audio amp exhausted it's 25 watts into the X-Statik's, and that was towards the end where there's a huge fireball in the building, then the helicopter crash a few minutes after that. The way the Monarchy amp soft clips is more like the way a tube amp clips. It was very brief and very subtle, but could be heard. Still, with only 25 watts of Class A power to work with, it and the X-Statik's put on a great show!

:thumb: :thumb: