BP 27?

budcook

Re: BP 27?
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jul 2013, 02:40 pm »
Sorry I meant inputs, but what ever I think Bryston should do the whole thing and not fall short on this one issue :nono:
I think Bryston has been able to offer a terrific preamp at a price well below the BP-26/MPS-2.  I seems they were able to do that by leveraging what they already had, the front end of an existing Integrated amp. 

The BP-17 has a lot to offer on it's own.  Great ergonomics, pass through, excellent sound, competitive price, usable headphone output, etc.  If you start tinkering with it, the price goes up.

I did choose the BP-26 over my BP-17 but let me say this, I would not have done it if I'd had to pay the difference in list price.  I preferred the BP-26 but not by much.

Let's wait until Bryston offers a new flagship pre-amp.  I expect it will a marriage between the best features and performance of the two existing preamps.

Bud

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jul 2013, 09:46 pm »
 Yes and include the balanced  :icon_twisted:

budcook

« Reply #22 on: 11 Jul 2013, 10:22 pm »
Yes and include the balanced  :icon_twisted:
In my system, I need two balanced outputs from the BDA-2.  Right now I have to choose between speakers and headphones.  If I choose headphones, buying the BP-26 for it's balanced inputs is meaningless.

Bud

BrysTony

« Reply #23 on: 12 Jul 2013, 01:08 am »
Each input and each output should offer a choice of balanced or single-ended connections.

Tony

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jul 2013, 01:12 pm »
 That's what I expect too. Since going all balanced earlier this year I would always need that option on any piece of equipment.  :D

KeithA

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2013, 10:12 am »
Each input and each output should offer a choice of balanced or single-ended connections.

Tony

I just bought a new preamp and wanted balanced inputs as well. I think the the option of single and balanced for every input would be overkill. The unit I bought has five inputs with the first two being balanced and the last three being single-ended (including the HT Pass-Thru). This has more than enough flexibility for me as any digital component will likely always flow to my BDA-1 (or similar DAC if I ever change it in the future) and that requires one XLR input on the preamp.

Keith