An EPIC Trip...

Scott F.

Re: An EPIC Trip...
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2013, 01:26 am »
Great video Chris :thumb: It's funny, he said he always makes sure everything on the cars are in working order but the shot of the tail lights shows the sequential turn signals don't work :duh: :lol:

Cool car. Ours is in about the same condition but has a few more options.

...and yes, I've got a new white rag top that will be ordered tomorrow along with a few more finishing touches  :thumb:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2013, 02:16 am »
A nice ride, and being in no hurry make that drive something everyone should do once.  I've done the vast majority of the 101 from North to South, but every time I've driven it's been in a RX-7 so the twisty bits are the entire point  :D  A lot of your pics look familiar Scott, I've been to Victoria and took that Ferry, seen the Haystack, the drive through tree ... etc.  I'll bet you and Laura had a hoot in that topless land yacht  :lol:

What route did you take from West Coast to STL?  If you went to San Fran, I assume you went through Northern Nevada to Salt Lake?  Any pics of other sights along the way? 

Scott F.

« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2013, 02:41 am »
Hiya Ryan,

We dropped the car off at a shipper in San Fran and flew home. We talked about driving it back but that would have added about another week to the trip and unfortunately, we had to go back to work.

With some luck the land yacht will show up this weekend. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure the trunk lid and fender skirts weigh more than your RX7s  :lol:

mcgsxr

« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2013, 12:06 pm »
Glad you've found all the T Bird sites you'll need, there are some great clubs out there too.

I am surprised you were able to get it across the border with no plates...

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2013, 01:59 pm »
Hiya Ryan,

We dropped the car off at a shipper in San Fran and flew home. We talked about driving it back but that would have added about another week to the trip and unfortunately, we had to go back to work.

Driving from West coast back home made me think of the Big Horn mountains, fun in a convertible.  85 degree at the bottom 35 at top, and coming down you can put the car in neutral and just coast at 55mph for 1/2 an hour. 

With some luck the land yacht will show up this weekend. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure the trunk lid and fender skirts weigh more than your RX7s  :lol:

Throw in the rear bumper and you're probably right  :icon_lol:

Baumli

« Reply #25 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:02 am »
Dear Gateway minions,

Must the task devolve upon me to point out the fact that if there is anyone who does not deserve a '66 T-Bird convertible it's Scott Faller? When he first saw a picture of that gorgeous car, he saw that rear-mount wheel-well and he thought only one thing: "That would be the mount for the subwoofer." And what will come next? An extra alternator under the hood, requiring many alterations, so he can power all those amps inside the car? Gutting the interior so he can properly mount all those speakers? Reinforcing the body panels so bass response will be ... well, never mind.

Baumli

« Reply #26 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:21 am »
Dear webmaster,

Baumli

« Reply #27 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:24 am »
Dear webmaster,

My replies are getting "sent" and "posted" before I even finish typing them. Can you, for the sake of tidiness, remove all of them except for the last, which I'll try again? Thank you.

Francis Baumli

Baumli

« Reply #28 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:35 am »
Dear Gateway minions,

Must the task devolve upon me to point out the fact that if there is anyone who does not deserve a '66 T-Bird convertible it is Scott Faller? When he first saw a picture of that gorgeous car, he saw that rear-mount wheel-well and he thought only one thing: "That would be a perfect mount for the subwoofer." And now what will come next? An extra alternator under the hood, requiring many modifications, so he can power all those amps inside the car? Gutting the interior so he can properly mount all those amps and speakers? Reinforcing the body panels so bass response will be ... well, never mind these details.

I'm sure Henry Ford is turning in his grave, bones a'clatter, at the thought of what Scott Faller the audiophile will do to that gorgeous car, all in the name of a holy grail called sound.

Poor car,

Requiescat in pace,

Francis Baumli