What the hell are you listening to ?? !!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: What the hell are you listening to ?? !!
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2013, 09:43 pm »
That Maria Muldaur album is quite good but nearly all of her releases are.
She's still going strong and her latest release (Memphis Minnie) is very good.

Side 2 of The Plastic Ono Band's Live Peace in Toronto defies belief. 
Picture a Captain Beefhart album played at 45 RPM and you're getting close...

Emsquare

« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2013, 10:35 pm »
I just find it amusing the reaction music lovers of all genres get from casual listeners, especially when those artists are considered outside of "normal" music.

Sometimes I almost envy people who are perfectly content with the top 40 parade. It would be so much easier. We, on the other hand, who are looking for the extraordinary have doomed ourselves to "The cut above the ordinary." Connoisseurs of music are we? Bach, Beethoven, Beatles & Beck ... are we really that much better? I just don't know. Time to turn off the stereo and find an instrument to contribute to the endless parade of human expression. I am not Walt Whitman if you know what I mean.

PS. As a self confession I just asked a random group of people what they knew of Junior Brown videos. Totally admire this dude but does anyone think I'll get anything really usefull? Still, it's a victory if it prompts someone to see his show.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2013, 11:16 am by Emsquare »

GT Audio Works

« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2013, 11:34 pm »
Sometimes I almost envy people who are perfectly content with the top 40 parade.

are we really that much better? I just don't know.

Time to turn off the stereo and find an instrument to contribute to the endless parade of human expression.

Content with top 40...Not me...I enjoy the path less traveled.

We are no better listening to music..but I consider myself lucky to have a few Passions in life which I can enjoy.

I don't want to turn off the stereo ,,its a wonderful refuge after a hard day...Greg

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2013, 04:37 pm »
People used to say the same thing about Bob Dylan

Never understand the luv for his......his.....his.....ummm, stuff. :scratch:

appologies for offending anyone.