New design - Veracity ST's with W16's

rick_reynolds40

Re: New design - Supercharged Songtowers (?) with W16's
« Reply #60 on: 2 Jun 2013, 09:34 pm »
Todd,

Thank you for such a great write up.  I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Rick

Ace Deprave

« Reply #61 on: 3 Jun 2013, 01:28 am »
Todd, tanks for the write up...I appreciate the detailed descriptions, although I am not familiar with most of the music you described. I am now going to google all of the titles you wrote about, in hopes that I can find some classical music that I like.

I'm so very much looking forward to receiving my speakers, which are now on "sealer session 4", which hopefully means I will have them before too long. They would make Father's Day even more special!

MikeC78

« Reply #62 on: 3 Jun 2013, 10:41 am »
Todd-

Thanks for the in-depth review.  Especially, from someone who has now owned most of ST line, that is some incredible weight to compare to.  Looking forward to delivery of my VST's in the next few weeks.  Thanks again!

I wish Jim and the 'gang' nothing but the best.  I also want to say, that dealing with Jim via email has been the best experience I've ever encountered with a ID company.  That is saying a lot, since I've been dealing with ID companies for many years, and Jim's level of CS is nothing short of the best I have ever experienced!  I can also be a VERY difficult customer at times, Jim can handle me in spades! :D

Mike

et+kooper

« Reply #63 on: 3 Jun 2013, 02:02 pm »
To all Jim's staff,cabinet desiner and crossover expert Dennis Murphy the new Verasity ST speakers are Amazing.Special Thanks to JIM who suggested these speakers a Fantastic Job!!
    Thanks Bruce Voigt

Nuance

« Reply #64 on: 3 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm »
Todd, that review was outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #65 on: 4 Jun 2013, 02:01 pm »
Looks like they are officially official now. Glad to see they're up on the website!

http://www.salksound.com/veracity%20st%20-%20home.htm

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #66 on: 4 Jun 2013, 02:31 pm »
Looks like they are officially official now. Glad to see they're up on the website!

http://www.salksound.com/veracity%20st%20-%20home.htm

The bass specs are actually very conservative.  The -3dB point is given as 34Hz, but one of those was rattling my windows with a 32 Hz test tone.
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2013, 06:31 pm by DMurphy »

Ace Deprave

« Reply #67 on: 4 Jun 2013, 02:57 pm »
The bass specs are actually very conservative.  The -3dB point is give as 34Hz, but one of those was rattling my windows with a 32 Hz test tone.

Another thing I noticed, which probably isn't a big deal, is that the "recommended amplification" for a solid state amp is 200 watts, whereas both the SCST and the HT2-TL are 250.

jsalk

« Reply #68 on: 4 Jun 2013, 03:16 pm »
Another thing I noticed, which probably isn't a big deal, is that the "recommended amplification" for a solid state amp is 200 watts, whereas both the SCST and the HT2-TL are 250.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Wattage figures are somewhat arbitrary, but I modified the numbers to bring them in line with the other speakers you mentioned.

- Jim

MikeC78

« Reply #69 on: 4 Jun 2013, 05:48 pm »
Jim-

How about a Veracity ST center? 

Mike

jsalk

« Reply #70 on: 4 Jun 2013, 06:38 pm »
Jim-

How about a Veracity ST center? 

Mike

Well, we have the Supercharged SongCenter and the Veracity HT2C center channel.  If we did a version with the W16's, it would be likely larger than the HT2C since it would probably have to be ported.  So I don't know that we need that model.  But, that said, if someone wants one, we will build it.

- Jim

billmcc

« Reply #71 on: 5 Jun 2013, 12:04 am »
Jim,

What are the sonic differences between the STSC and the Veracity ST? I know my good friend Bruce absolutely loves his new Veracity STs :)! So now I have to attempt to keep up with him by considering the STSCs. When I ordered my STs and Song Center I went with the dome tweeter due to my budget and that my music listening was mostly rock. But now my music listening is more slanted towards jazz so the Raal tweeter might be in my future :).

Bill

tknx

« Reply #72 on: 7 Jun 2013, 01:07 pm »
I am just waiting for mine - spalted beeswing makore, bamboo construction. I think I check the status tracker at least three times a day...

jsalk

« Reply #73 on: 7 Jun 2013, 01:49 pm »
I am just waiting for mine - spalted beeswing makore, bamboo construction. I think I check the status tracker at least three times a day...

The cabinets are finished.  In fact, one of the speakers is already assembled.  But we ran out of W16's.  We seem to have purchased all the W16's in the US and they are on backorder.  So we ordered a batch from Canada which are now on their way.  As soon as they arrive, we will finish assembly and get them on their way. 

- Jim

tknx

« Reply #74 on: 9 Jun 2013, 03:52 pm »
So what you are saying is that I shouldn't be checking three times a day?  :lol:

Ace Deprave

« Reply #75 on: 9 Jun 2013, 05:08 pm »
So what you are saying is that I shouldn't be checking three times a day?  :lol:

Only three times a day? You're doing much better than me!

Ace Deprave

« Reply #76 on: 17 Jun 2013, 10:46 am »
Are we still waiting on W16s to arrive? I am hoping there aren't any delays after my cabinets are complete. This has been the longest 2 months of my life!

:lol:

jsalk

Re: New design - Veracity ST's with W16's
« Reply #77 on: 18 Jun 2013, 06:56 pm »
Are we still waiting on W16s to arrive? I am hoping there aren't any delays after my cabinets are complete. This has been the longest 2 months of my life!

:lol:

It is always a challenge relating customer names to user names.  But there is a good chance we will be starting final assembly tomorrow as there are two pairs in the spray booth today.

- Jim

Ace Deprave

« Reply #78 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:23 pm »
Awesome, I'm hoping a pair is bound for Louisiana!

-Dave

MikeC78

« Reply #79 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:42 pm »
I hope to receive mine next week!  Illinois bound!;)  Will be almost 3 months for me...  Yes, It seems like its been forever!