Tube Karma pair of Vintage RCA 6CG7/6FQ7's

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: Tube Karma pair of Vintage RCA 6CG7/6FQ7's
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jun 2013, 10:45 pm »
Arthur,
I've got your PM, I'll see if I can sweet talk the wife into running to the Post Office while I'm toiling away at the job of work where they're mean to me (but they do give me money).

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #21 on: 17 Jun 2013, 11:44 pm »
No rush Steve, neither I nor the pre are going anywhere any time soon (that I'm aware of ). As for folks that give you money, that's always a nice thing.  :D  The mean part isn't so much fun, but seems to go with the terrritory too often. One of the reasons I went to work for myself 30+ years ago. Of course I'm not always in a position to give myself money, at least regularly, which is one of the many downsides to self-employment (self-unemployment).  :(  Hey, it all works out in the end. Thanks again, will let you know how they sound compared to the stock Sovteks I'm running.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:13 am »
I'm afraid it'll have to wait until Monday as the wife is being fitted for a special foot brace and I'll be riding a new motorcycle home on Saturday.
It looks like an arch has collapsed in her foot or something weird like that.
Now I can start calling her Old Flat Foot as a term of endearment.

She has an aunt who had a bone in her leg replaced with a steel rod and Lynda (my wife) was trying to teach her how to drive. 
Talk about a lead foot!  She tromped on the gas and the car started shooting around in circles and Lynda was laughing too hard to yell at her to lift her leg up...

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 24 Jun 2013, 02:32 pm »
A matched set of clear top RCAs are on their way. 
I hope that they work out for you.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #24 on: 24 Jun 2013, 02:53 pm »
I'm afraid it'll have to wait until Monday as the wife is being fitted for a special foot brace and I'll be riding a new motorcycle home on Saturday.
It looks like an arch has collapsed in her foot or something weird like that.
Now I can start calling her Old Flat Foot as a term of endearment.

She has an aunt who had a bone in her leg replaced with a steel rod and Lynda (my wife) was trying to teach her how to drive. 
Talk about a lead foot!  She tromped on the gas and the car started shooting around in circles and Lynda was laughing too hard to yell at her to lift her leg up...

Sorry to hear of her foot problems. Something to be avoided if at all possible, like back problems. Hope the brace does it's job.
Never got into motorcycles, appreciate the mechanics, too chicken to face the inevitable road rash. Hope you had a nice ride, and are enjoying the new wheels.
Well thankfully it was circles, thru some obstacle or off some geographic feature would not have been so much fun. I'm guessing she figured it out sooner rather than later.

Thanks, will keep an eye out for them and advise on receipt.  :D