US Audition Amp: AKSA 100W Nirvana Plus

AKSA

« Reply #200 on: 12 Dec 2004, 10:01 pm »
Gordy,

It's a pleasure!!  And my thanks to you for listening, and to Paul for doing so much talking!

Cheers,

Hugh

mgalusha

« Reply #201 on: 12 Dec 2004, 11:30 pm »
Quote from: Al Garay
Is there a report from the Denver gang?

Al,

I just shipped the amp off and need to write up my thoughts. There were some thoughts posted in the Devner circle but unfortunately they weren't very favorable. I've been insanely busy this week and just havn't had time to write anything up. Perhaps in the next few days.

Mike

hanguy

« Reply #202 on: 13 Dec 2004, 08:06 pm »
Guys,

I currently have a DIY modified Panasonic XR45 with 65W into 8ohm/100W into 6 ohm. Do you think the 100W N+ be better to drive low impedance? My speakers are Revel F30. It dips down to 4 ohm but nomially it's rated at 6 ohm.

Mike

Rhythm Willie

« Reply #203 on: 14 Dec 2004, 09:52 pm »
Hanguy,

The 100N+ would be just cruising with your easy load.

I have Vaf I-93's (vaf.com.au). If you look at the specs they are a large 3 way, 5 driver floorstander with exceptional frequency response, but they do dip below 2 ohms at some frequencies.
 The Aksa handles this with absolute ease. Great control,bass, dynamics etc etc.  Not even a hint of getting mildly warm at high volumes in the middle of summer. In my reasonably large lounge room the Aksas are just idling.

tl1000sv

future stop
« Reply #204 on: 1 Jan 2005, 07:56 pm »
I'd like to add my name to the list of US destinations.   In a conversation with Hugh about AKSA options driving the Gallo Reference 3 speakers, he strongly suggested testing with the touring 100N+.

My name is Tim and I live in Sacramento, CA.

Happy New Year!

J North

« Reply #205 on: 1 Jan 2005, 08:41 pm »
I'm up to audition this amp soon and the Gallo III's will be one of the speakers we will be trying the AKSA with.

cpautsky

« Reply #206 on: 4 Jan 2005, 01:17 pm »
I would like to sign up for the 100W N+ audition. I live in College Station, TX. Thanks for all the hard work gentlemen.

Clint

EchiDna

« Reply #207 on: 4 Jan 2005, 03:03 pm »
did you guys read the first post on the first page by Hugh? particularly point 12?

CLICK HERE

kyrill

« Reply #208 on: 4 Jan 2005, 03:54 pm »
Welcome  in this forum Tim and Clint and a happy New Year to you

Echi is right. But you may contact Hugh.
: )

tl1000sv

« Reply #209 on: 4 Jan 2005, 05:59 pm »
At risk of sounding trite, I have followed rule #12, and I referred to it in my post.

Quote:
"but if this irks you, send [Hugh] an email and convince me I'm wrong!"

Obstacles notwithstanding, I'm still looking forward to the audition.

Cheers!  Tim

Occam

« Reply #210 on: 4 Jan 2005, 07:04 pm »
Folks,

The folks that have been added to the tour list, have done so by communitcating directly with Hugh. This has not been made clear. In the future, would all please communicate direcly via PM to Hugh, and Hugh will add names to the tour list as appropriate.
The amp is presently with U4EA and will depart for JNorth, this week. From there, it will go to Hanguy and TL1000 in California, and then to Cpautsky in Aggieland [why did it take so long for the Aggie to hitch-hike accross America?].  On the East Coast Luis, David, and the Gotham Audio Society are waiting...

I trust that these sheduled participants will communicate and carry out the handoffs as defined on the first page of this thread....

cpautsky

« Reply #211 on: 4 Jan 2005, 08:48 pm »
Hey Occam,

"[why did it take so long for the Aggie to hitch-hike accross America?]"

Why?

Clint

Occam

« Reply #212 on: 4 Jan 2005, 10:13 pm »
Quote from: cpautsky
Hey Occam,

"[why did it take so long for the Aggie to hitch-hike accross America?]"

Why?

Clint

Cause they kept seeing signs at the service stations that said-
 'Clean Restrooms'
...... so they did.

as told to me by a Texaz A&M faculty couple on a bus ride through Transylvania in 1978, occasioned by our Moldavian guide saying "Although the Altenians are a brave and industrious people, we make jokes at their expense....."

cpautsky

« Reply #213 on: 4 Jan 2005, 11:22 pm »
I dig it! I was thinking of how this joke could end, but I never came close to that! Good laughs.

Clint

AKSA

« Reply #214 on: 9 Jan 2005, 09:54 am »
OK Folks,

Where is the AKSA now?  Anything we should know?

Cheers,

Hugh

J North

« Reply #215 on: 9 Jan 2005, 05:47 pm »
It's at U4EA's waiting for my $30 payment for shipping to arrive by mail.

My suggestion for the process is that shipping for the next auditionee be arranged as soon as you get the amp (not at the end of the week) so that the shipping funds are available by the time your review session is over and you can send it off promptly.

Thoughts?

AKSA

« Reply #216 on: 10 Jan 2005, 12:22 am »
Hi J North,

Good idea!!

When the person receives his AKSA, he should email the next guy telling him the money should be sent right away.......

Cheers,

Hugh

brj

« Reply #217 on: 10 Jan 2005, 02:26 am »
Quote from: Occam
The amp is presently with U4EA and will depart for JNorth, this week. From there, it will go to Hanguy and TL1000 in California, and then to Cpautsky in Aggieland

Occam/Cpautsky -

Does "Aggieland" mean College Station proper, or somewhere else nearby?  I'm wondering if it might be within (easy) driving distance of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, such that it might be included in a North Texas Audio Jam.

Clint, let me know what you think - and please don't feel the least bit shy about telling us to step to the end of the line! :lol:

Thanks!

markn

North Texas Jam
« Reply #218 on: 12 Jan 2005, 10:27 pm »
I will second that, I would really love to hear the amps, and it would be fun in the group format!

Hope it makes it to the Dallas area!

Thanks,

mark

cpautsky

DFW possibilities
« Reply #219 on: 13 Jan 2005, 02:16 pm »
Hey peoples,
Sorry to reply so late to the question...

Aggieland is College Station, proper. It is just shy of 3.5 hours (driving the speed limit) away from DFW International Airport. I do have family in Flower Mound (10 minutes North of DFW) so this could be a viable opportunity. Here are a couple of things I'm thinking about:

Loading up the amp and hauling it to and from DFW will take time and with my 1972 K-5 Blazer, lots of gas money. It will be money well spent, I understand. The second thing is that this will limit my time to really get a feel for what this amp will sound like in my room with my setup, if I have to ship it off at the end of my week. This is kinda important. Who knows, maybe I'll know for sure what I think about it in the first few days of having it. I guess I could always make the drive at the end of my demo period and then collect a little gas money instead of shipping money??? Finally, I would like to request the opinions of Occam and Hugh on this. What do you guys think about this? It will give more exposure to the product and there will most likely be plenty of listening setups to try out. Doing this makes sense at the end of my demo term. If you two are on board with it, I'll see what I can manage to make it happen. I'd be kinda interested in seeing, excuse me, hearing the other gear as well. Of course anyone should feel free to PM me anytime you like for questions/comments.

Gig'em!
Clint