US Audition Amp: AKSA 100W Nirvana Plus

J North

« Reply #180 on: 16 Nov 2004, 11:51 pm »
That would be "U4EA" I think.

I am just north of him with an easternWA state shipping address, so does that make me next after Boise (then Seattle after that)???

waiting in anticipitation . . .

Thanks!

Al Garay

« Reply #181 on: 17 Nov 2004, 12:25 am »
Audiojerry,

Do you have a summary of your results?

Let me know when it gets to Seattle.

Al Garay

AKSA

« Reply #182 on: 17 Nov 2004, 03:20 am »
Folks,

I misread Paul's intentions here;  my sincere apologies to anyone affected.  He is boss of the tour, and the itinerary is entirely his decision as he is on the spot.  

Next on the list is Kansas, Utah, then southern California, then north to Washington State, across to Idaho, finally Canada.

Cheers,

Hugh

audiojerry

« Reply #183 on: 17 Nov 2004, 04:17 am »
I sincerely apologize for not posting a full report of my impressions yet. My hectic days are currently keeping me at bay. I promise to provide a detailed report as soon as I can, but suffice it to say that my experience with the AKSA was all pleasure, and there will be nothing but positive comments coming from me.   :D

audiojerry

« Reply #184 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:38 am »
Ok Hugh, I was able to recover my review, and here it is:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=14552.msg126701#126701

Occam

« Reply #185 on: 20 Nov 2004, 09:17 pm »
The amp is swinging next to Kansas, then Colorado, Utah and then to Southern California. Then it will go up the coast ultimately arriving at Wash State and then Idaho and British Columbia.

Sincere apologies to the folks in the NorthWest, as someone had to get the short end of the stick  :cry:  and there really was no way to fairly route this tour.

I'd like all future participants to PM me with the following -
real name
address including zipcode
phone #

as I'll need to route the amp as it wends its way. I've been remiss, and really haven't kept track of how to contact the participant in the unlikely event of skulldugery  :o  .
Also as folks send and recieve the amp, I'd appreciate a PM so I can keep track.

Many thanks.
Paul aka Occam

AKSA

« Reply #186 on: 29 Nov 2004, 10:46 am »
Hi Folks,

Paul (aka Occam) wrote this:

I'd like all future participants to PM me with the following -
real name
address including zipcode
phone #

- but at this stage has received information from Alan_C, Mglusha, U4EA and OBF.

PLEASE COMPLY - WE BEG YOU   :nono:  - SO WE CAN PLAN THE TOUR ITINERARY PROPERLY!!!    :!:

Big thanks to Audiojerry for his great review - much appreciated!!

Remember, Christmas is coming!!   :o

Cheers,

Hugh

mgalusha

« Reply #187 on: 30 Nov 2004, 03:57 am »
WooHoo! I'm next and really looking forward to my week with the amp.

mike

Al Garay

« Reply #188 on: 30 Nov 2004, 07:06 am »
Is there someone on the list for Seattle?

Al

mgalusha

« Reply #189 on: 4 Dec 2004, 03:26 am »
The AKSA has arrived in fine condition despite the best efforts of UPS. I noticed the rear panel is slightly bowed in but this doesn't seem to be a problem. I peered in through the vents to make sure this wouldn't short anything out prior to plugging it in and didn't see any problems. 'Course it could have been this way for quite a while but I just wanted to mention it in case of a problem.

It's been playing for about 3 hours now and is sounding quite good. I'm looking forward to spending some dedicated time with it this weekend.

Paul - Any idea yet as to who I'll be sending the amp to after my time is done? Of course if you can't find anyone who's ready I'll make sure it has a good home until you do. :lol:

mike

Occam

« Reply #190 on: 4 Dec 2004, 03:55 am »
Mike,

I've PMed you with the contact info for the next in line. The bend in the back panel was there prior to its crossing the Missisippi.

The included  speaker cables are directional, as is the suppied powercord. The speaker cables are marked for direction, but alas, the pc is not.... :?

Thats it, save for the requisite sprinkling of goober dust around the amp (3 times, counterclosckwise, while hopping on the left foot).

Looking forwad to your ccmments,
Paul

mgalusha

« Reply #191 on: 4 Dec 2004, 04:30 am »
Paul,

Thanks for the info. I think I mentioned (maybe PM'd Hugh) that my electronics are a ways away from the speakers and the cables are about 25ft. long and thus the included Tara cables are too short. I am hoping to move the gear to another part of the room one night this week so I can try the Tara cables. That should prove interesting with my wife. :roll:

As for the power cord, how could it not be directional? Male on one end, female on the other...  :?:

I'm having a few of the local AC members over tomorrow afternoon, they are usually a vocal bunch and I'm sure they'll have comments. I'll probably reserve most of mine until my week is up as I am quite interested in how it sounds in the long term (not that a weeks is real long).

Mike

Occam

« Reply #192 on: 4 Dec 2004, 05:05 am »
Quote from: mgalusha
Paul,
As for the power cord, how could it not be directional? Male on one end, female on the other...  :?:

Mike,

I was trying to be ironic, but in reality was simply dumbass....

mgalusha

« Reply #193 on: 4 Dec 2004, 05:07 am »
I mange that quite often, seems the older I get the more I make a fool of myself. I thought you might be jesting but sometimes it's hard to tell in text. No worries. :)

jonwb

« Reply #194 on: 4 Dec 2004, 05:08 am »
Quote from: Occam
Quote from: mgalusha
Paul,

Mike,

I was trying to be ironic, but in reality was simply dumbass....

I don't think I helped any, as when I typed up the instruction sheet based on your draft Occam, I sprinkled in additional bits of sarcastic whit.  We'll call it Bonus Material...  :jester:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #195 on: 4 Dec 2004, 05:10 am »
Quote from: Occam

Thats it, save for the requisite sprinkling of goober dust around the amp (3 times, counterclosckwise, while hopping on the left foot).

Paul
Where can I get some of that goober dust ? The hopping is no problem...... :bounce:

Occam

« Reply #196 on: 4 Dec 2004, 05:50 am »
Waaaaay off topic:

"I Don't Know"  Willie Mabon, Chess Records 1952

Damn sick and tired of the way you do,
Big Bad Daddy 's gonna poison you.

Sprinkle Goober dust all aroun yo bed.
Wake up one of these mornings,
Find your ownself dead.....

Ah don know, my o my o, Ah don know.
Ah don know, where my little Babe been at....

Goobers, peanuts, were brought to America by West Africans.These slaves were brought to the outerbanks of North Carolina {and now the Gullah have been displaced by another culture, that of Hilton Head, etc...) to establish rice horticulture. Goober dust was thought to have 'charm' powers via the West African practice of Vodun, which melded with the Catholic 'universe', yeilded Voodoo, Vaudou,  Sateria and Candomble.

Paul aka Occam the Pedantic

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #197 on: 4 Dec 2004, 06:08 am »
Thank you !! A bit of history.... :thumb:

Gordy

« Reply #198 on: 4 Dec 2004, 01:22 pm »
Warning:  Thread Hijack ahead...

Thank you Hugh, if I hadn't heard the 100N+ on tour I would not now be the proud owner of a now up and running 55N which I bought, partially built, from a very helpful 'non-believer' on E-bay :lol:   It's a wonderful thing!  Now, to get that + upgrade...   And another 55...

Thank you Paul, for all the telephone time, advice and parts help with my Marchand chip amps. That gave me the courage to even consider a AKSA in the first place.  I need to decipher my notes, still haven't done the power supplies...

Thank you Chris, for being the ultimate tour instigator.  Not to mention all the loans :wink:

Benny, again, thank you.  Many more questions to follow, I'm sure...

Now stand back everybody, don't get any splinters.  I've a chassis to build and wood chips are going to be a flyin'.

Woo hoo!

All the best,
Gordy

Al Garay

« Reply #199 on: 5 Dec 2004, 09:55 pm »
Is there a report from the Denver gang?