US Audition Amp: AKSA 100W Nirvana Plus

Gordy

« Reply #100 on: 22 Sep 2004, 10:37 am »
Hi All,  As for insurance prices, here's a few I just generated on the UPS site, all based on a 54 lb. box 24"x24"x12" and reg. ground shipping:

uninsured- $15.65
$1000.00-  $17.40
$2300.00-  $21.95

All in all, not bad!  The amp is now double boxed, so they'll more likely cover a claim.  Double boxing with at least 1" space between layers is required for a claim!!!

AKSA

« Reply #101 on: 22 Sep 2004, 10:04 pm »
HI Gordy,

Many thanks;  appreciate the legwork   :thankyou:   These rates seem reasonable to secure peace of mind, and thank you profusely for the double boxing thang (I think Paul had something to do with this too - I must thank him?)

Cheers,

Hugh

Gordy

« Reply #102 on: 22 Sep 2004, 10:51 pm »
Well, it was Paul's concern and request!  The materials were merely a corporate perk :wink:

steve k

« Reply #103 on: 24 Sep 2004, 12:53 am »
Hugh,
put me on the list. I'd love to hear it with some Maggies I'm buying. I realize it'll probably be 2005 before it gets around to me. How long is the offer good for?
steve k.

AKSA

« Reply #104 on: 24 Sep 2004, 02:00 am »
Steve,

It's presently with Woodsea just across the Potomac from George Dubya.

Let's see, you are in Missouri, n'est pas?  This is three states due west of Virginia, and about half way give or take to Idaho?  (I found a nice map of the USA and this is VERY helpful!)  This would save a lot of shipping for Jeff in Boise, and give you next cab off the rank!

How does that seem to you, Steve/Jeff?  Sensible?  And after Idaho would be WA and the North West Pacific states, filtering down towards CA?

Anyone else in the midwest?

Paul, does this seem OK to you?

Cheers,

Hugh

audiojerry

« Reply #105 on: 24 Sep 2004, 03:36 am »
Don't forget us good 'ol boys in cheese country (Wisconsin).
Anyone in Illinois?

vpolineni

« Reply #106 on: 24 Sep 2004, 03:38 am »
Hugh,  what about me?  I'm in missouri and signed up for the list a long time ago.  With steve joining, he and I can split the shipping costs to its next stop on the tour.

AKSA

« Reply #107 on: 24 Sep 2004, 03:57 am »
Vasu,

I'm very sorry;  I was afraid with my defective memory I'd miss somebody, and yes, I agree, you are absolutely right!

Is there anyone else in the midwest I have forgotten?

Steve, can you and Vasu please hook up and organise shipping from Woodsea in Virginia?  This will hugely reduce shipping/insurance costs for both of you.  I hope Vasu and Steve are in the same city, or at least within driving distance......

I find PayPal is very useful for swapping small sums.

Cheers,

Hugh

vpolineni

« Reply #108 on: 24 Sep 2004, 04:55 am »
steve and I can arrange the shipping details.. we're bound to cross paths at a gas party  :lol: .  Steve, I'll pm you to figure things out.  If the amp is coming from woodsea in virginia to us, who does it go to afterwards?

mgalusha

« Reply #109 on: 24 Sep 2004, 12:45 pm »
I signed up quite a while back and am in Colorado, so not sure how that fits into the order. I'd still love to audition the amp.

mike

AKSA

« Reply #110 on: 24 Sep 2004, 10:14 pm »
Hi Mike (Mgalusha)

Many thanks for your post;  Paul just informed me he's mislaid his original listing, and I'm glad you've put your hand up!  Colorado is half way between Missouri and Idaho, so you get the nod after Steve K. and Vasu P.  Then it's on to Jeff R in Boise Idaho - this is the best route for minimizing shipping costs.

So, Jeff, liaise with Mike, and Mike, please do likewise with Steven and Vasu.  Everyone gets seven days from receipt of the amp but no more, even if you are unable to exploit this time fully, we have to be even- handed about time.

Is there anyone else we have not included?  Please raise your hand if so;  we are trying hard to be logical and fair here!

Cheers,

Hugh

mgalusha

« Reply #111 on: 24 Sep 2004, 11:26 pm »
Thanks Hugh, I've sent Paul (Occam) a new PM with my information in it.

I look forward to my week with and in Nrivana. :)

Mike

AKSA

« Reply #112 on: 24 Sep 2004, 11:52 pm »
Mike,

You are more than welcome!

I've read a lot of Heinlein, a chauvinist but very interesting SF writer with strong social vision, I laughed out loud when I first read your PM trailer about men and dogs, how very true!!

Cheers,

Hugh

jinca

Please add me to the list.
« Reply #113 on: 27 Sep 2004, 05:52 am »
Hi Hugh,
I would love to audition the nirvana plus if it is coming out west and available.   :D

I am in Cupertino, Ca.
Regards.

Lost81

Re: Please add me to the list.
« Reply #114 on: 27 Sep 2004, 06:24 am »
Quote from: jinca
Hi Hugh,
I would love to audition the nirvana plus if it is coming out west and available.   :D

I am in Cupertino, Ca.
Regards.

Hi jinca!

I'm in Santa Clara, CA.

Hugh, I'm on the list, yes?
:mrgreen:

-Lost81

AKSA

« Reply #115 on: 27 Sep 2004, 10:39 pm »
Benny,

Of course you are on the list!!

Paul and I will start talking about the west coast auditions when the audition amp hits Seattle and starts wending its way south.

Cheers,

Hugh

Lost81

« Reply #116 on: 27 Sep 2004, 11:23 pm »
Quote from: AKSA
Benny,

Of course you are on the list!!

Paul and I will start talking about the west coast auditions when the audition amp hits Seattle and starts wending its way south.

Cheers,

Hugh

Woohoo!
 :dance:

-Lost81

audiojerry

« Reply #117 on: 28 Sep 2004, 03:46 pm »
Is there a posted list of auditioners on 1 of these 13 pages (and growing) that we can refer to? Maybe we can check off those that have already received it. Am I wrong, but I'm not seeing much in the way of compreshensive reviews other than a couple. Shouldn't they be posted on the Critics Circle, or would it be preferable to post them in this thread?

Occam

« Reply #118 on: 28 Sep 2004, 10:20 pm »
Jerry,

I've reconstructed the tour list and will be talking to Hugh this evening. Afterwards, I or Hugh will post a schedule.

AKSA

« Reply #119 on: 28 Sep 2004, 11:18 pm »
Audiojerry,

You make a good point.

How do people feel about this?  Have the amp for a week and write a review - is this something that's fair and reasonable?

There might be some who really don't want to do it, we should respect that, but having gone to this trouble, it does seem sensible to post reviews and give some collective experience.....

We should take some pains to standardise the review, perhaps, so there's a format people can follow.  Any good examples people know about?

Cheers,

Hugh