Silver Spring MD.
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/p1.html
Modify message

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Capital Audiofest 2013
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2013, 03:10 pm »
We will be in the Triode Wire Lab room a joint effort with Rollo Audio, GTAudio Works room. and more. Our second year. This event is the one we like most. Gary Gill the organizer does a great job.
Live music, every night laid back atmosphere and good rooms.
charles
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2013, 01:31 pm by rollo »

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2013, 03:18 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you again Charles.
I'm one floor below in 704.

p.s. lunch is one me this time  :wink:

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2013, 04:07 pm »
Looking forward to CAF this year, although I'll only be able to attend Sunday.

Some rooms I definitely want to visit; Soundfield Audio, SVSound, and Salk/Philharmonic Audio.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2013, 05:15 pm »
Triode Wire Labs is proud to be hosting in Room 817 along with GT Audio Works & SMA.  :eyebrows:

Look for the debut of Triode Wire Labs new speaker cable line-up along with some other surprises!  :banana piano:

Also, a joint venture product between P.I. Audio Group & Triode Wire Labs may be showing up as well!  :no_hear:

Like last year, come visit, take a load-off, relax & choose a cool libation of your choosing in the Triode Wire Labs room!  :beer:

Cheers,
Pete

GT Audio Works

« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2013, 05:38 pm »
I am looking forward to sharing  room 817 with Triode Pete and Charles of Swap Meet Audio.
My wife Juliette and I met these characters at last years CAF event along with Bill (Stereo Nut) and Mark of Miracle Audio.
We popped over each night for a drink and some good music and conversation.
We could see these guys had the same passion for listening to music as we did.
We have higher expectations for this years show and are counting the days !!
I will bring the "Good Scotch" again....   Greg

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2013, 10:23 pm »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=110813.0

Dinner on Saturday night after the raffle. Also lunch prior to event on Saturday.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2013, 11:55 pm »
I'll be there most of the weekend as well & can tag along for lunch / dinner / whatever.  I'd do Mi Rancho for any meal.

At first I wasn't happy about the move to downtown Silver Spring as I liked the scale of the Crown Plaza & free parking.  But now looking it at it I realized that there's abundant free parking (on the weekends) in Silver Spring (in fact, a county garage right behind the Sheraton), and a lot more eating options down the road.  So change is good, I guess. 

Not very "environmental" to say so, but you'd be better off driving / parking vs Metro : Metro fares keep going up while the quality of the service goes down (frequent breakdowns or delays caused by repairs, scheduled or not). Unless you live not to far off the red line, I'd skip it. 

pansixt

« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2013, 11:56 pm »
No more Dogfish Head for dinner. New Place? Any ideas?
I don't know Silver Springs anymore. Unless it's Stevie Nicks singing it. :)

Too many years away.

pansixt

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2013, 11:59 pm »
I'll be there most of the weekend as well & can tag along for lunch / dinner / whatever.  I'd do Mi Rancho for any meal.

jarcher ,
Sorry my phone died. Mid stream.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 4 May 2013, 03:07 am »
No more Dogfish Head for dinner.

Somebody look for a Dogfish alternative (a bar and grill).

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2013, 05:41 am »
I don't know which thread we're suppose to post this in so I'll do it for both.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=110813.0  The Quarry House Tavern gets great reviews on Yelp, might be a bit crowded Sat. night.  Mi Rancho was mentioned, close, I like Mexican, it says they have a bar but no drink or beer list on the menu.  The 8407 kitchen bar looks very interesting, but reviews say inconsistent, great or mediocre depending on the visit.  Ray's the Classics looks like a good ol American steakhouse with good reviews.  Olazzo looks like an excellent Italian restaurant with a great martini bar, my kinda place.  La Malinche is a Tapas place with great reviews, I love Tapas but not for everyone, great mexican beer list, kinda plain decor.  McGinty's Public House is the best Irish pub I could find, looks pretty nice, but again, you have to be in the mood for Irish.  For lunch the Adega Wine Cellars & Cafe looks kewl, think Panera with class.

Well, that's my list, what looks good?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2013, 06:09 am »
Steakhouse for dinner.

pansixt

« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2013, 06:11 am »
Food for Dinner. To CAP off some amazing Music and Gear

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #14 on: 6 May 2013, 05:51 pm »
I don't know which thread we're suppose to post this in so I'll do it for both.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=110813.0  The Quarry House Tavern gets great reviews on Yelp, might be a bit crowded Sat. night.  Mi Rancho was mentioned, close, I like Mexican, it says they have a bar but no drink or beer list on the menu.  The 8407 kitchen bar looks very interesting, but reviews say inconsistent, great or mediocre depending on the visit.  Ray's the Classics looks like a good ol American steakhouse with good reviews.  Olazzo looks like an excellent Italian restaurant with a great martini bar, my kinda place.  La Malinche is a Tapas place with great reviews, I love Tapas but not for everyone, great mexican beer list, kinda plain decor.  McGinty's Public House is the best Irish pub I could find, looks pretty nice, but again, you have to be in the mood for Irish.  For lunch the Adega Wine Cellars & Cafe looks kewl, think Panera with class.

Well, that's my list, what looks good?

Hey, I had my wedding reception at the ball room in this hotel.   :thumb:

Looks like the hotel restaurant is not bad either.  I can always do Mi Rancho which is really good Tex-Mex.  I am open to try any of these.

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 6 May 2013, 08:19 pm »
I'm open to anything.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #16 on: 6 May 2013, 09:22 pm »
My wife and I found some awesome sushi not far from last years hotel...cant be that far from the new venue.
Good Italian joint in the same complex as I recall...Greg

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 6 May 2013, 09:38 pm »
My wife and I found some awesome sushi not far from last years hotel...cant be that far from the new venue.
Good Italian joint in the same complex as I recall...Greg

Greg, last year was in Rockville vs. Silver Spring this year.  I'm in VA so I'm not totally familiar with MD but I'd guess it is probably a dozen or so miles apart and with the new venue where it is located many (including myself) will just drive to the closest DC Metro station to our houses and take that to the venue.  Last year's venue was not as convenient to the Metro.  So there probably will be much fewer people driving this year and even that short distance in DC area traffic can take a bit depending on the time, day and what else is going on in the area.  So I'm not sure if there will be a sufficient number of people driving to even get people to places requiring a vehicle.

Phil A

« Reply #18 on: 6 May 2013, 09:43 pm »
Mapquest in giving directions, actually says the old venue vs. the new one is about 14 miles apart.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #19 on: 6 May 2013, 09:59 pm »
Mapquest in giving directions, actually says the old venue vs. the new one is about 14 miles apart.
Yes, too far to go...I like the idea of the metro, can have a few beers and not worry...plenty of good food in the area