Updates

klaus@odyssey

Updates
« on: 9 Jul 2004, 08:41 am »
As some of you know, I've been on vacation for 2 weeks, and should never have done that, aaaaaaaargh.
Anyway, we're slowly catching up with the flood of Stereophile and ongoing orders. This summer I want to have all of our international branches ready to go with either showroom systems or even loaner gear. This will happen, and we're on course to catch up by the end of August. Now, that's also the time line when I want to see every web site up and running. We already added Spain, and will soon add mainland China for Canton, Beijing and Shanghai. this will get us to 10 Odyssey parts.

In addition, we're adding changes for Europe for the EU guidelines to complete the safety measures, as we are already Eu certified for the EM tests.

Next, Travis and I are actually working on revamping the web site. I cleaned it up and updated it this week, but there's a lot more coming an there will be tons and tons of pics and photoalbums.

Another PHENOMENAL news is that as of July 1st, we are the official importer of vandenHul cartridges, and offer the great vdHul retipping service for all and any carts out there. There will be a substantial price reduction for the new units and especially for the retipping service ( $ 200 - 400, depending on the problem, retipped with the vdHul micro line stylus, that's being used in the Colibri and the Symphonic Line RG 8. It's fantastic, I've had dozens done over th past years, and actually have a few carts in stock righ tnow fo cheapo), since the previous importer asked way too much $$$ for it. We'll be much more $$$ and service oriented, you have my word.
There will be some links and an assition to our site as well.

OK, what else ????

Oh ys, we're finally at the braking point with all the price increases for metal, vendors, shipping, dollar exchange rate, etc. etc., that we'll HAVE to raise the pricing as of August 1st. I'm still trying to figure out the exact increase, as I'm waiting to get 1 year quots from my key vendors. Keep in mind that we were able to keep the same cost or even lower it as we did with some of our speakers since Deember 2001. That's 2 1/2 years, which I think is pretty darn good.

Lastly, our digital stuff. We'll be shipping the first units by the end of July, and we stuffed some black gates and othr goodies in it to spruce it up. It worked, lol. The previously posted $ is confirmed and stays the same even with the production increases. $ 1,500 for the 1000 W. version.

The sub - name of our digital line is:

Odyssey

Emotional fusion digital.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted,
Klaus

Brian

News
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2004, 10:50 am »
Hi Klaus

Congrats on getting VdHul in the line-up. A truely High-End brand with a good history.

Looking forward to hearing about the new digital line.

Brian

Eduardo AAVM

Updates
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2004, 04:09 pm »
Great Klaus, it invigorates a lot to know all these things.

Call you later for futher info.

mgalusha

Re: Updates
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2004, 04:54 pm »
Quote from: klaus@odyssey
... Anyway, we're slowly catching up with the flood of Stereophile and ongoing orders.  ...

Klaus,

Did you get a review in Stereophile? I did see a picture and a little blurb in there recently but no review. Glad to hear business is going well.

mike g.

klaus@odyssey

Updates
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2004, 05:20 pm »
Nope,

Just the dozens of orders from the show itself,  especially complete system orders.

MaxCast

Updates
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2004, 06:04 pm »
Quote from: klaus@odyssey
Nope,

Just the dozens of orders from the show itself,  especially complete system orders.

Congrats, Klaus.  Good gear sells itself.

Anton

Updates
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2004, 01:36 am »
Congratulations Klaus. Seems more people are "seeing the light" and starting on their "Odyssey".

Question: The Absolute sound has reviewd your equipment (Stratos amps) and were highly impressed. What about Stereophile? Or do they require you to advertise to get a review? Perhaps I'm being too suspicious, but they have never reviewed the Silverline speakers even though they were "speaker of the year" in TAS.

oliverlim

Updates
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2004, 03:34 pm »
Klaus,

I just auditioned the Stratos AMP last night and have placed a deposit for the HT3 and now you tell me the digital AMP will ship end july!  :-)   :o

Will there be a 3 channel model?  Any other details you can spare us?

Thanks
Oliver

TjMV3

Updates
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2004, 05:21 pm »
Speaking of Three Channel mode,  does the Temptest Pre-Amp do Three Channel?  

Tony

MaxCast

Updates
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2004, 01:37 am »
Quote from: TjMV3
Speaking of Three Channel mode,  does the Temptest Pre-Amp do Three Channel?  

Tony

Nope, the Tempest is a 2 channel beast.   Although a  5.1 model would be super cool!!

Musky_Don

Updates
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jul 2004, 11:41 pm »
Klaus,

Congrats on the Van Den Hul deal.  I guess it is ok to share - you sold me a vdh re-tip a couple of years back.  It had been many years since I had listened to anything vinyl - now I hardly ever listen to cds.  I am not a complete 'vinyl head', so I can't directly speak to the cartridge's sound vs. others in my system.  I have had friends in the business (local audio salesmen and a Dynaudio rep) listen to the system and all are VERY impressed w/the system as a whole.  For what I paid for the cartridge - I have not heard better in any store for twice the price (even on more expensive TTs).

It is good to hear you will be sharing this value on a widespread basis.  IMO, the value is as good as the rest of the gear you have.  If you follow the same 30 day philosophy for purchased re-tipped carts, my guess is that you will have very few returned.

On a side note - last time we spoke, I was going to send the Tempests in for the upgrade - I have been distracted - if you have the parts and time, I will send in next week.  I'd also like to know what you have in carts in stock.  I can't imagine much of an improvement over what I have (as a memeory jog - I have a re-tipped Lyra Lydian), but you always seem to be able to surprise me - time for an upgrade?  (I have put alot of hours on the cart)

Thanks,

Don

for anyone interested - the rest of the system:

Tempest
Extreme Monos
Rega P25
Dynaudio Confidence C1s