Glassware Audio, NO LONGER AVAILABLE

4krow

Glassware Audio, NO LONGER AVAILABLE
« on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:12 pm »

Ok, guys. I know that there some world class pieces for sale here. This is a chance to buy a major bang for the buck item that isn't in the higher priced catagory but still has an amazing amount of performance for the price. I came upon this pre-amp while looking for a buffer amp to put in my system. I know there is a sea of equipment out there, so I was able to be picky about my purchase. I found a kit that was higher qulity than most fro Glassware Audio, and proceeded to make two. One for me, one for sale. I am impressed by the circuit boards used in this design. At .094" there is little flexing of the board. It is double sided, and the through holes are metalized. The sound is warm, and yet open. Just the way I like it. I decided to add 3 inputs, and a special volume control. The volume is a coarse/fine affair using stepped attenuators. This gives you 36 steps of volume, and a balance control to some degree. The middle control adjusts in 6db steps, while each flanking control adjust in 1db steps. With this arrangement, you can get exactly the volume you want. The cigar box chassis class the sort of class that is unique among the standard metal boxes out there. Parts alone cost $430, so at a sale price of $450+shipping, you are getting a new unit for less than cost. I am including a set of Ken-Rad 6SN7 tubes that are matched. Thanks for looking, and please ask any questions. BTW, this is a design by John Broskie that can be further viewed at Glassware.com.... I have sold NUMEROUS components before, and have a perfect track record at Audiogon(4krow) and Ebay(twotears1234). 

« Last Edit: 1 May 2013, 01:12 am by 4krow »

4krow

Re: Glassware Audio, John Broskie design
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2013, 10:54 am »
BUMP

4krow

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2013, 01:21 am »
BUMP

srb

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2013, 01:48 am »
"BUMPS
1.  Weekly bumps are permitted.
2.  changes in pricing are a permitted bump at anytime.  No, one dollar reductions are not acceptable and will be considered a bump.
3.  violations will result in the whole thread moved to the waste bin.

If you need to bump your ad often perhaps you should consider lowering your price."

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78028.0

4krow

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2013, 12:25 am »
I appreciate the information. I will not bump for awhile. The price however, is at a loss to me already, but I understand your comment.

4krow

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2013, 01:51 pm »
>>