B+ fuse blown on VTL ST-150

thargrove

Re: B+ fuse blown on VTL ST-150
« Reply #40 on: 18 May 2021, 07:51 pm »
I just acquired a used VTL ST85 amplifier and it has a dead channel.  The B+ 0.4A SLO BLO fuse is blown.  I switched fuses and the channel is very cracky so I immediately turned off the amp.  Where do I go from here.  I called VTL and also left several emails to support with no replies.  Any idea if they are in business and what should I do??

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #41 on: 19 May 2021, 09:11 pm »
I just acquired a used VTL ST85 amplifier and it has a dead channel.  The B+ 0.4A SLO BLO fuse is blown.  I switched fuses and the channel is very cracky so I immediately turned off the amp.  Where do I go from here.  I called VTL and also left several emails to support with no replies.  Any idea if they are in business and what should I do??
David Manley passed away years ago. RIP
Cheack out the fuse tension and the B+ tension,
usually fuses are 250V max, they have a support page:
https://www.vtl.com/support/
The good channel use what fuse ?

NoDisco

« Reply #42 on: 19 May 2021, 09:50 pm »
You may have a bad tube. Can you swap out the power tubes one at a time? Been there.

rickcl

« Reply #43 on: 6 Jan 2022, 12:06 am »
Martian I don’t know if you are still monitoring this post. I was wondering if you had taken any pictures of the bottom section of your ST-150?

Thanks, Rick