Help Diagnose a problem with LS6

ufokillerz

Help Diagnose a problem with LS6
« on: 5 Apr 2013, 02:30 am »
Hi, so i just realized today after a few hours of listening to music

my left speaker, the top 4 woofers are making at most 5% of the output that the bottom 4 are making, its a guess, but thats what it feels like, they barely move at all

my right speaker, the top 4 woofers work, but i'm guessing that they are not 100% output like the bottom 4.

Am i looking at a problem with the woofers? i recently upgraded the crossovers with the upgrade kits that danny has, platinum bypass caps and replacement caps/resistor.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Help Diagnose a problem with LS6
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2013, 03:28 am »
You probably have a bad connection on the low output group of woofers.  Pull them and take a look at the wiring.  Perhaps when you pulled the crossover, you may have pulled the wires from the crossover to the woofers and pulled something loose.

ufokillerz

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2013, 03:36 am »
You probably have a bad connection on the low output group of woofers.  Pull them and take a look at the wiring.  Perhaps when you pulled the crossover, you may have pulled the wires from the crossover to the woofers and pulled something loose.

thanks, i gave it some thought and have it figured out, one of the solder joints was a cold joint, complements of av123 and failed at some point. got that fixed. time to figure out why i might or might not have some difference in output between different sets of woofers

and why it seems like the volume of neo8's seems much louder towards the center of the speaker as well.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2013, 03:39 am »
If you had one bad solder joint, I'd take your iron and redo them all.  I'd bet that this is the cause of all your issues, as the drivers in  those speakers are really tough and not prone to failure.

ufokillerz

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2013, 03:48 am »
If you had one bad solder joint, I'd take your iron and redo them all.  I'd bet that this is the cause of all your issues, as the drivers in  those speakers are really tough and not prone to failure.

thanks definitely need to find the time to get it done, one nice surprise was that av123 used hookup that is labeled as OCC Copper.

tubesaab

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2013, 04:57 pm »
Try to use a 1,5v batteri ,,go direkt to the woofers (not the tweeter ) and use the batteri to see if all woofers move ,,and see if they move the same way-a easy way to test if there is connection to all woofers
best Bjarne