We have speaker cables now! Free in home demo?

Danny Richie

« Reply #20 on: 2 Dec 2004, 05:10 pm »
I am glad you like them Charlie. Wait until you get some burn in time on them. I think they get a lot better after burn in.

Initially I think they are a little on the bright side, but they smooth out nicely once they have some time on them and I really like them. Of coarse I would have to really like them to offer them to my customers.

I take it this means that you want me to go ahead and charge you for the cables?

And yes, while I have gotten pretty good at braiding these things, but it is hard on my fingers. I can only braid so many of them a day. Usually late at night or after the work day. I then sit down and start braiding while watching TV or braid while talking on the phone... Fun, fun.

I am looking into getting them braided some where.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #21 on: 2 Dec 2004, 05:45 pm »
Danny:
  Okay to charge them to my credit card.

This is a real deal for speaker cables and I like real deals.

Cheers
                    Charlie

brj

« Reply #22 on: 2 Dec 2004, 09:11 pm »
Quote from: Charles Calkins
I'm impressed!  Things sure do sound much better. More detail and clarity kind of sums it up.

What did you have before that was replaced by the Trinity braid?

Andrikos

« Reply #23 on: 2 Dec 2004, 09:20 pm »
Impressive looking cables!
Maybe you should get into the hair salon business...  :lol:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #24 on: 2 Dec 2004, 10:42 pm »
BRJ:
  I am using KimberKable silverstreaks to drive the subwoofer modules and I had monster cable driving the mid/upper module.

Cheers
               Charlie

Ulas

« Reply #25 on: 3 Dec 2004, 05:53 pm »
Quote from: Danny
Cable capacitance is measured in picoF. My Clio system measures in microF. Measuring it with the Clio I get no reading (too low to read). So I added a cap in line with it measuring it with the cap and then the cap alone and got .035 microF differential. That would be 35 picoF, if I am not mistaken, and 5.83 picoF per foot. This is quite low.

Inductance for cables is measured in microH. My Clio measures in milliH. Measuring the 6 foot cable I got no measurable inductance. So I measured an inductor with and without the wire in line and got a differential of .001mH. That would be 1 microH or .166 microH per foot. If this is even close it is a fairly low inductance cable too.

I think your measurements and calculations are suspect. The prefixes for fractional numbers are: milli, micro, nano, pico. Your measured .035 microF = 35 nanoF = 35,000 picoF. That makes your cables capacitance 5,830 picoF per foot which is VERY high for a speaker cable.

The best specs I have seen for high-end speaker cables are: 12 picoF per foot and 4 nanoH per foot.

Danny Richie

« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec 2004, 06:17 pm »
I think your measurements and calculations are suspect.

They may be more than suspect. They may be completely wrong.

My Clio will not accurately measure those small amounts.

You are also correct about the conversions, and that number can't be right. These are a low capacitance cables.

I need for a real cable expert with proper measuring gear to measure them.

Ron Stewart

• http://home.hiwaay.net/~rgs/
« Reply #27 on: 3 Dec 2004, 06:38 pm »
Is there a chart or something that can be found on line that will give wire gauge totals of multiple wires?

Some time back, I wrote a simple JavaScript-based calculator that will tell you the effective guage of a group of wires, or tell you how many small wires you need to match a desired gauge.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~rgs/awgcalculator.html

It may be of some use to you.

Ron Stewart

Charles Calkins

« Reply #28 on: 3 Dec 2004, 07:49 pm »
Yo Danny!!

I don't care about measurements.  All I care about is the sound reproduction. These cables sound damn good!

Cheers
            Charlie

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #29 on: 11 Jan 2005, 10:18 pm »
Any others with comments on these cables ? Danny...still braiding ? Thanks !! :)

Ulas

« Reply #30 on: 12 Jan 2005, 03:04 am »
I tried them and sent them back. I thought they were rather plain sounding with a peaked mid-range response and had very little detail or sparkle in the treble. That’s just my opinion based on what I heard with my system. YMMV.

ken

Trinity cables
« Reply #31 on: 12 Jan 2005, 03:25 am »
Danny was kind enough to send me out a 10 ft pair of these and I've been listening to them for approx 2 1/2 weeks and have noticed a considerable improvement in both the bass and the mids.  They seem to compliment the AV-1's rather nicely  and have really smoothed things out in my system.  In all honesty I have nothing to compare these to except the Stout extreme cables which weren't bad but just not in the same league as Danny's cables.    I've recently purchased an nice sounding  vintage Akai At 2400 tuner and a Thule Spirit 100  cd player and these cables have put the finishing touches to my system which I now feel has a nice warm analog sound to it.  I think I'll be keeping these.  Danny, I'll shoot you an email about payment arrangements, I'm not sure what  card # you have and  I may want to put it on another one.  

Ken

Caying Ta -30
GR-av-1's
Akai At 2400
Thule Spirit 100

Danny Richie

Cables
« Reply #32 on: 12 Jan 2005, 11:08 pm »
I tried them and sent them back. I thought they were rather plain sounding with a peaked mid-range response and had very little detail or sparkle in the treble. That’s just my opinion based on what I heard with my system. YMMV.

This is exactly why try before you buy is a good idea with cables. System matching and senergy is a big deal.

I am not real hurt that someone didn't like them as well as the Cardas Golden Reference Speaker Cables listing at $2388 for 10 feet. (Ulas)

But I found his reaction a little bit odd. Someone else compared them to a lessor expensive Cardas cable and said almost the exact opposite.

Hmmm.... cables are a very subjective thing.

Nick V

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jan 2005, 12:55 am »
I am very impressed with my speaker cables so far. I'm using them with my Diluceo's and the subjectice speed and detail of my system has definitely been brought up a notch. It is difficult to say exactly how much of this was caused by the speaker cables themselves as I've also added aftermarket powercables from http://www.cryoclear.com but these speaker cables are an obvious improvement over my previous cables (Kimber 4VS).

jcoat007

« Reply #34 on: 13 Jan 2005, 01:22 am »
Do you have a bi-wire version?

Ulas

« Reply #35 on: 13 Jan 2005, 03:18 am »
I am not real hurt that someone didn't like them as well as the Cardas Golden Reference Speaker Cables listing at $2388 for 10 feet.

Yes, I preferred the [expensive] Cardas Golden Reference to the [inexpensive] Trinity Jr, but I like my DIY cable, made with 6 cent per foot litz wire, better then either the Cardas or the Trinity Jr. The choice of cables depends on system synergy and personal preference and list price signifies nothing.

Danny Richie

« Reply #36 on: 13 Jan 2005, 02:37 pm »
Do you have a bi-wire version?

No, and I have found little to no advantage in bi-wiring. Connect the drivers at the speaker or connect them at the amp and electrically it is the same.

The choice of cables depends on system synergy and personal preference and list price signifies nothing.

Very true!

Jeff

• Industry Contributor
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #37 on: 3 Feb 2005, 08:29 am »
Quote from: Enrico
Danny, do you have inductance and capacitance figures for these cables?

I tested a pair of Trinity jr's.  I measured them at several freqs.  They seem to be very linear.  Inductance was 0.077uH per foot.  Capacitance was 48.6pF per foot.  This wire is neither high in inductance nor capacitance relative to other high-end cables.

walkern

Trinity Jr. Cables
« Reply #38 on: 23 Mar 2005, 04:22 pm »
I've been listening to an 8 foot pair of the Juniors for the last 3 weeks and I am very pleased with the sound at this point (told Danny to charge my card yesterday).  Originally the cables sounded like they had a peak in the upper mids.  Week two the peak seemed to shift into the treble.  By the end of week three the peaks are gone and the cables seem very nicely balanced.  I replaced a pair of home made cables with these, so a comparison would be pointless.  I can say that in my system (Home Brew AV-3 MTM design with the current woofers and Ring Radiator tweeters, RAM40 monoblocs, TAD 150 pre, Musical Fid DAC driven by a Philips 963) the cables sound very fast, clean and dynamic.  They have excellent balance top to bottom with particularly nice extension and smoothness in the treble.  The bottom end sounds punchy and articulate.  I can't vouch for extension below 50hz as that is the low end limit of my speakers.  Amongst all the various speaker cables I've owned over the years these remind me most of the Analysis Plus Silver Oval.  I think they throw a slightly wider and deeper soundstage than the Ovals did (its been a while since I sold the Ovals), and otherwise their overall character is very very similar.  Considering the price difference the Trinitys are a fantastic bargain... exactly what I've come to expect from Danny.

ken

Trinity cables
« Reply #39 on: 26 Mar 2005, 02:53 pm »
I've had the trinity braids (the heavier gauge) for approx 3 months now.   Walkern, You say you've had these about three weeks now but depending how often you listen to your stereo you may still hear some improvements.  It really did seem like it took about 100 hours to break these in but I really am impressed with the way they sound, very balanced from top to bottom.  The one thing that did jump out at me from the start was the increase in bass extension on my AV-1's.  Not to go off topic but I see your using the Tad-150 preamp.  How do you like it so far?  I've read very positive things about it.  I have one on order with Paul and will be using mine with the Ta-30 - until I find the extra cash for his monoblocks.   :mrgreen:

Ken