OMG Victory!

Mag

OMG Victory!
« on: 29 Mar 2013, 05:08 pm »
One song is all it took and I'm a convert. :drool:

I'll think I'll be ordering all their music and then some.
What I don't understand is how four exceedingly beautiful women ever found the time to learn to play violin? :scratch:

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=AbaNGU1CrXI&NR=1

spinner

Re: OMG Victory!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2013, 10:06 pm »
That was a real treat ...thanks Mag :drool: :banana piano: :dance:

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2013, 06:00 pm »

What I don't understand is how four exceedingly beautiful women ever found the time to learn to play violin? :scratch:

Link:

For real?

WireNut

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2013, 06:04 pm »
 :o  :drool:  :violin:

milford3

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2013, 06:19 pm »

mkaiser

« Reply #5 on: 2 Apr 2013, 08:00 pm »

Link:

Maybe they are lesbians.  :oops:

PRELUDE

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2013, 09:06 pm »
Maybe they are lesbians.  :oops:
That would be an excellent idea as far as they would accept a male guest. :drool:

Mag

« Reply #7 on: 3 Apr 2013, 12:10 am »
For real?

It's a phenomena that I'll never quite understand, skilled beautiful women musicians seemingly coming out a nowhere to play audiophile material songs.

Through surfing Bond I also discovered the 12 Girls Band, which I'm sure their music will sound awesome in multi-channel surround sound. So I'll be ordering an album or two as a present for my birthday. 8)

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #8 on: 3 Apr 2013, 01:38 am »
Actually, I don't think the term "music" should be sullied by association with this spectacle.

This, I think, is cynically and specifically designed to appeal to the baser instincts of the lowest common denominator of consumer. Like toilet humor. Comedians have no respect for that, and I'm sure real musicians would, likewise, have no respect for this.

Just my opinion, of course - it's probably a fabulous "song" and I just don't get it.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #9 on: 3 Apr 2013, 01:41 am »
Actually, I don't think the term "music" should be sullied by association with this spectacle.

This, I think, is cynically and specifically designed to appeal to the baser instincts of the lowest common denominator of consumer. Like toilet humor. Comedians have no respect for that, and I'm sure real musicians would, likewise, have no respect for this.

Just my opinion, of course - it's probably a fabulous "song" and I just don't get it.
Mass market drivel.

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #10 on: 3 Apr 2013, 09:24 pm »
Not impressed, with my eyes closed,
B

mkaiser

« Reply #11 on: 3 Apr 2013, 10:16 pm »

Nice cut-and-paste response Russell.  :thumb:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #12 on: 3 Apr 2013, 10:37 pm »
If you're referring to my comment on YouTube - sure, I said something similar. That is how I feel about this!

I guess music means too much to me to tolerate it being debased this way without a comment.

spinner

« Reply #13 on: 3 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm »
 :thumbdown:
Nice cut-and-paste response Russell.
   Anal attitude

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #14 on: 3 Apr 2013, 10:55 pm »
:thumbdown:   Anal attitude
I guess - or defensive, which I can understand. Who likes to have their music trashed?   

I knew I would offend many with that comment but, as I say, I couldn't let this pass. On the bright side, the audience was having fun, even if the orchestra was faking it, for the most part.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 3 Apr 2013, 11:47 pm »
:thumbdown:   Anal attitude
Sorry, Spin, if my response pissed you off, too.  Just ignore it and keep on truckin!

werd

« Reply #16 on: 4 Apr 2013, 12:25 am »
 :thumb:

Better then any of the crap that comes out of Romania

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #17 on: 6 Apr 2013, 01:03 pm »
To each their own for music  8)

When I watched this video, I could not help but feel that they were "over the top" attempting to look happy - they were indeed smiling but their eyes were not.

Be well...

Chicago

« Reply #18 on: 6 Apr 2013, 08:35 pm »

Link:

Mag,
You should have posted this in the "Picture Food Needed" thread with a comment of "Eye Candy" - I didn't take your commentary to suggest this group was going to challenge Jennifer Koh for talent but I thought it was fun to watch.  For me having fun is important.

Mike