RMAF 2013

taoggniklat

Re: RMAF 2013
« Reply #100 on: 9 Oct 2013, 03:09 pm »
This is good advice!

And use the main stairs to get to the second level...not the elevator.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #101 on: 9 Oct 2013, 03:24 pm »
Can anyone recommend a free program that would piece together segments of audio tracks?

I've been bringing full songs to RMAF but just the segments I am interested in hearing would be better...

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #102 on: 9 Oct 2013, 03:36 pm »
I think Audacity will do what you want.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

mrlittlejeans

« Reply #103 on: 9 Oct 2013, 04:40 pm »
Is anyone organizing a dinner or anything for AC'ers?

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #104 on: 9 Oct 2013, 08:21 pm »
     Is the Vapor/Empirical room up and running yet?  :D

Don_S

« Reply #105 on: 9 Oct 2013, 09:00 pm »
Is anyone doing a show report this year?  This thread is a little long and really a pre-show thread.  I hope the first person reporting any comments/pictures of the show starts a new thread.

I would start a thread and leave it blank for future posters (I will not be at RMAF) but then nobody would post in it and I would feel rejected.  :cry:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #106 on: 9 Oct 2013, 09:03 pm »
IsoMike will be at RMAF 2013 with live performances and selling its stellar sound quality SACDs.
It is a small non profit label from Ray Kimber.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #107 on: 9 Oct 2013, 09:58 pm »
IsoMike will be at RMAF 2013 with live performances and selling its stellar sound quality SACDs.
It is a small non profit label from Ray Kimber.

Yes, they are a big part of the Show every year.  And I usually buy their SACD, signed by the artist.  Ray and team pout on a great multichannel exhibit.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #108 on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:02 am »
Is anyone doing a show report this year?  This thread is a little long and really a pre-show thread.  I hope the first person reporting any comments/pictures of the show starts a new thread.

I would start a thread and leave it blank for future posters (I will not be at RMAF) but then nobody would post in it and I would feel rejected.  :cry:
I believe Tyson and Pez said they will be doing something again this year, and there is already a thread started for stuff from the show.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119616.0

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #109 on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:50 am »
There's always one (or more). Didn't know you were going, make sure to stop by!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #110 on: 10 Oct 2013, 02:41 am »
A few of us are going to Shanahans Steakhouse to comemorate the Chairguy.  Good food and wine to be had.  PM me if interestrd. Saturday at 7.

mrlittlejeans

« Reply #111 on: 10 Oct 2013, 03:49 am »
There's always one (or more). Didn't know you were going, make sure to stop by!

Will definitely stop by.  Excited to hear the new kids.

Denverhifi

« Reply #112 on: 10 Oct 2013, 04:07 am »
Since this is my first RMAF, how about some advice on getting thru the show? On Thursday, I'll be picking up a pair of Salk Songtowers that Jim is bringing with him. So I won't be shopping specifically for speakers, but that still leaves a lot to see. I did get a 3 day pass!

Patrick

SoCalWJS

« Reply #113 on: 10 Oct 2013, 09:40 am »
Since this is my first RMAF, how about some advice on getting thru the show? On Thursday, I'll be picking up a pair of Salk Songtowers that Jim is bringing with him. So I won't be shopping specifically for speakers, but that still leaves a lot to see. I did get a 3 day pass!

Patrick
Mostly - pace yourself and enjoy. Take breaks. Get food and drink. Give your ears a break
1) The crowd picking up passes on Friday at opening can get pretty thick. Be prepared or show up a little late.
2) Take the elevator to the top floor, then use stairwells to go down (Lines for elevators can be terrible)
3) If there is anything or any vendor that you specifically want to see, make sure you figure out which room they are in, then make a checklist (check the show guide)
4) Take a small camera or smartphone. Big cameras start to get heavy late in the day, and even worse each day after the first.
5) Get one of the free tote bags, put everything in it and then make sure you keep track of it
6) Many vendors start packing up around 2 PM on Sunday - be aware of that (CanJam Especially)

PACE YOURSELF - It's a marathon, not a sprint

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #114 on: 10 Oct 2013, 11:19 am »
Yes, they are a big part of the Show every year.  And I usually buy their SACD, signed by the artist.  Ray and team pout on a great multichannel exhibit.
Ooh signed by the artists !!... :drool: :hyper:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #115 on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:35 pm »
1) The crowd picking up passes on Friday at opening can get pretty thick. Be prepared or show up a little late.
By far my biggest complaint of the show.  I've suggested to Marjorie several times that I'd be willing to pay extra to have them mailed to me to avoid the herd on Friday morning. 

Guess there isn't enough people to make that happen. 

mgalusha

« Reply #116 on: 10 Oct 2013, 01:11 pm »
By far my biggest complaint of the show.  I've suggested to Marjorie several times that I'd be willing to pay extra to have them mailed to me to avoid the herd on Friday morning. 

Guess there isn't enough people to make that happen.

Marjorie mentioned a few weeks ago that they are trying a new setup for Friday in hopes that people can be moved through faster on Friday. Hopefully it will be somewhat quicker.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #117 on: 10 Oct 2013, 01:20 pm »
Nice.  I agree with Jason (and sounds like Marjorie is quite aware) that it is the Show's only real bottleneck (that they have control over; clearly the elevator is not in their control but using the stairs among floors 9=10-11 is the best way.)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #118 on: 10 Oct 2013, 01:36 pm »
Have fun at the show guys!

And buy that skinny guy (Mike Galusha) a beer or two...he is getting too thin!

Hope to see you out there next year.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: 10 Oct 2013, 01:43 pm »
Marjorie mentioned a few weeks ago that they are trying a new setup for Friday in hopes that people can be moved through faster on Friday. Hopefully it will be somewhat quicker.
I hope so!