BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BRYSTON BOT-1 (Bryston Optical Transport)
« Reply #300 on: 9 Jun 2015, 08:42 pm »
Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Will the BOT-1 include the linear PSU wall-wart?

Yes the wall wart is included as well as a USB cable.

james

Krutsch

« Reply #301 on: 9 Jun 2015, 08:55 pm »
Sorry... one more question: what about the storage device (called BMS, I think)?

Is there an update on that, as well?

Thank You, Ken

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #302 on: 9 Jun 2015, 08:58 pm »
Sorry... one more question: what about the storage device (called BMS, I think)?

Is there an update on that, as well?

Thank You, Ken

Hi Ken

We have a few prototypes but no production yet.

james

Krutsch

« Reply #303 on: 9 Jun 2015, 09:28 pm »
OK, sorry... one more question about BOT-1.

When I rip a CD to attached storage via the BDP (e.g. USB drive, flash drive or NAS), will the BOT-1 ripping process automatically update the Bryston DB with the new CD? That is, can I go into the Media Player and see the new album and/or navigate into the Artist View without triggering a complete update of my entire collection?

I purchase a lot of music and I would like to add to my collection and get to playback as quickly as possible. Today, that means copying the ripped tracks onto my storage device and then forcing an update of the Bryston DB, which can take hours to complete across my 13,000+ tracks (i.e. from Artist View).

If I could pop in a CD, rip it (even play right from the CD, which is cool) and go right into the Media Player and see it / play it, that would be worth the price of admission on that feature alone.

Thanks, Ken

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #304 on: 9 Jun 2015, 10:14 pm »
Hi Ken

When you insert the CD it will show up on the right side of MM and you can play it immediately.

You can also rip it to an attached drive and it will show up in that drive immediately as well after the rip.

You can not rip and listen at the same time.

Email me and I will send you the owners manual.  jamestanner@bryston.com

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #305 on: 10 Jun 2015, 12:34 am »
OK, sorry... one more question about BOT-1.

When I rip a CD to attached storage via the BDP (e.g. USB drive, flash drive or NAS), will the BOT-1 ripping process automatically update the Bryston DB with the new CD? That is, can I go into the Media Player and see the new album and/or navigate into the Artist View without triggering a complete update of my entire collection?

I purchase a lot of music and I would like to add to my collection and get to playback as quickly as possible. Today, that means copying the ripped tracks onto my storage device and then forcing an update of the Bryston DB, which can take hours to complete across my 13,000+ tracks (i.e. from Artist View).

If I could pop in a CD, rip it (even play right from the CD, which is cool) and go right into the Media Player and see it / play it, that would be worth the price of admission on that feature alone.

Thanks, Ken

You can play it immediately from the default view and if your ripping the cd you are presented the option to play the tracks as they are ripped to the drive.  As each track is ripped and encoded two buttons are display'd, the first is a play now and the second is an add to playlist. 

If you trigger ripping using the front panel controls the BDP will play the tracks, starting with he first track, once it's done ripping will stop playback.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #306 on: 11 Jun 2015, 08:30 am »
HI,

Would it be possible to connect the BDP and BOT over the ethernet? Would be great to have the possibility to store the BOT near the CD collection, and not necessarily near the BDP. Since we mainly operate the BDP through its various remote control interfaces, there in fact is no need to store the BDP and BOT next to each other?

It would also enable computer-correcting the ripped tags, which are very often very wrong or inaccurate, before storing them in the BDP's database.
All features described above by Chris would remain the same, since the BDP sees the BOT.
Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #307 on: 11 Jun 2015, 08:32 am »
[..]
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2015, 08:31 pm by Marius »

SFOX

« Reply #308 on: 16 Jun 2015, 09:41 pm »
james

couple questions ...

what is delivery time for BOT-1 from placement of order and what is price in CDN dollars ?

when will the BPS power supply be available and what is price in CDN dollars ?

thanks

sfox

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #309 on: 16 Jun 2015, 10:31 pm »
james

couple questions ...

what is delivery time for BOT-1 from placement of order and what is price in CDN dollars ?

when will the BPS power supply be available and what is price in CDN dollars ?

thanks

sfox

HI

We started shipping this week but we are backordered 56 units so any new order would be about 3 weeks.

We have not started on the external power supply yet so it will be a while - the wall wart works great.

james

brystoned

« Reply #310 on: 27 Jun 2015, 03:48 am »
Hello James

What is the price for the BOT-1 and how long is delivery from placement of order with dealer ?

Ed

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #311 on: 27 Jun 2015, 09:56 am »
Hello James

What is the price for the BOT-1 and how long is delivery from placement of order with dealer ?

Ed

Hi Ed

$1295 list in North America and about a week to 10 days from order.

james

Krutsch

« Reply #312 on: 27 Jun 2015, 04:19 pm »
$1295 ... $US?

I thought I read on here that the price would be around $850.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #313 on: 27 Jun 2015, 04:32 pm »
$1295 ... $US?

I thought I read on here that the price would be around $850.

Hi

We have added a power supply and a much better drive so the price did go up.

james

Krutsch

« Reply #314 on: 27 Jun 2015, 07:51 pm »
Understood.

I am not trying to be a troll, but maybe you could expand on the "better drive" and power supply, a little bit.

I was hesitating at $850, but $1,295 US seems like a stretch; especially when I can run a $50 USB-powered BD/DVD drive off the back of my BDP-1 (which is what I've been using to play around with the archive and playback feature).

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #315 on: 27 Jun 2015, 08:02 pm »
Understood.

I am not trying to be a troll, but maybe you could expand on the "better drive" and power supply, a little bit.

I was hesitating at $850, but $1,295 US seems like a stretch; especially when I can run a $50 USB-powered BD/DVD drive off the back of my BDP-1 (which is what I've been using to play around with the archive and playback feature).

Hi
Yes you can certainly continue to use the drive you have if it is working fine. The price simply reflects our costs in designing and manufacturing a dedicated Bryston drive.

James

Marius

« Reply #316 on: 28 Jun 2015, 08:54 am »
HI Krutsch,

Which drive are you using? for $50 id like to try the new features. $1300 seems very very steep for a cd ripper that does noting else but rip and enable playing a cd through the BDP. Id like to see/test the power of its ripping software, and how it holds up to the features and ease of use of XLD and the likes.

One of my main concerns is where the ripped tracks are stored, or are they stored at all ? Whats your experience up to now?

Thanks,
Marius

Understood.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #317 on: 28 Jun 2015, 03:05 pm »
Hi Marius

The tracks are stored on what ever drive you assign to it through a window..

It will choose the drive with the largest storage capacity automatically and you can then move it by dragging an dropping to any other drive you wish using the network. 

james

Marius

« Reply #318 on: 28 Jun 2015, 03:11 pm »
Hi James,

So if i understand correctly, it is stored on a selected drive root, and then i have to move it to its specified folder through my Mac/PC? Or can we do that in the MM interface?

For example, I rip the first album of a certain artist. It is stored to the selected drive root. Then i log into that drive on my mac, create the artist folder on the desired drive/style/artist and move it there?

Also: for backup reasons i always copy the albums to my NAS for a full mirror. Doing that from my Mac uses the Gbit network. If i had to copy it from my BDP, would that be using the GB or just the !00Mb ethernet interface. Cant seem to find it on http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300030%5BBDP2%5D.pdf

Marius

Hi Marius

The tracks are stored on what ever drive you assign to it through a window..

It will choose the drive with the largest storage capacity automatically and you can then move it by dragging an dropping to any other drive you wish using the network. 

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #319 on: 28 Jun 2015, 03:25 pm »
Hi James,

So if i understand correctly, it is stored on a selected drive root, and then i have to move it to its specified folder through my Mac/PC? Or can we do that in the MM interface?

For example, I rip the first album of a certain artist. It is stored to the selected drive root. Then i log into that drive on my mac, create the artist folder on the desired drive/style/artist and move it there?

Also: for backup reasons i always copy the albums to my NAS for a full mirror. Doing that from my Mac uses the Gbit network. If i had to copy it from my BDP, would that be using the GB or just the !00Mb ethernet interface. Cant seem to find it on http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300030%5BBDP2%5D.pdf

Marius

Hi

Have to ask Chris on some questions. I just move my rips to a folder called CD Rips.

James