Craziest SOB's on 2 wheels

GT Audio Works

Craziest SOB's on 2 wheels
« on: 9 Mar 2013, 03:47 am »
Isle of Mann TT ...No runoffs.. no gravel traps... or tire walls...Just trees , stone walls and lots of nerve !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0SjLC_lqk   
                                                                          Greg

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Re: Craziest SOB's on 2 wheels
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2013, 04:03 am »
I thought you were talking about Lance Armstong!  :icon_twisted:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2013, 05:06 am »
That got my heart pumping - thanks for posting that one!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2013, 05:15 am »
 :o :o :o :o

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2013, 02:35 pm »
Holy crap that's insane.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2013, 03:38 am »
Nice bikes, great riding.
The mini wheelies and jumps were great.
I like motorcycles when i was young.
Though a great way to spend some of my retirement bonus would have been to buy a Hyabusa and go 200mph...
Then i remembered falling off at 187mph would REALLY hurt (as I am 63 .. and having 'fallen off' twice. third time would probably kill me)
So decided to blow all the money on stereo stuff.

One of my all time favorite memories was taking a local sweeping curve on the freeway at about 90mph in my Contour SVT. Next to me is a Japanese bike. As we come out of the curve I look at the guy, and give him a thumbs up. He pops a wheelie at 90mph and pulls away like i am standing still. I LOVED it.

Toon

« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2013, 06:25 am »
If you want to know what it's like to cheat the Grim Reaper, here's a complete onboard lap of the Island. Twisty, bumpy, narrow public roads ... at an AVERAGE SPEED of 120+MPH   :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TVnGBS1F8

jermmd

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2013, 07:47 am »
One of my all time favorite memories was taking a local sweeping curve on the freeway at about 90mph in my Contour SVT. Next to me is a Japanese bike. As we come out of the curve I look at the guy, and give him a thumbs up. He pops a wheelie at 90mph and pulls away like i am standing still. I LOVED it.

I was driving on the Cross Bronx Expressway in NY once, going over 100mph in my car, when two guys on motorcycles, riding a few feet apart, drove past me going so fast that it was like I was standing still. They were gone in the blink of an eye and I'll never forget it. I also remember driving about 60mph on the Long Island Parkway in heavy traffic when a guy on a bike popped a wheelie and drove for about a mile on one wheel right there, surounded by cars, in rush hour congestion. Crazy!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2013, 08:06 am »
You can see this almost every early morning (3am'ish) on I-95 in Philly.  The Highway Patrol division of the Philly PD has no way to catch them.

According to Wiki there've been 239 deaths in the race linked above.

ctviggen

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2013, 01:26 pm »
I was driving on the Cross Bronx Expressway in NY once, going over 100mph in my car, when two guys on motorcycles, riding a few feet apart, drove past me going so fast that it was like I was standing still. They were gone in the blink of an eye and I'll never forget it. I also remember driving about 60mph on the Long Island Parkway in heavy traffic when a guy on a bike popped a wheelie and drove for about a mile on one wheel right there, surounded by cars, in rush hour congestion. Crazy!

Those people are idiots.  I was riding on Route 8 in Connecticut, and there were two motorcyclists racing each other while riding wheelies.  They were asking to die, since it was rush hour.  Remember the guy who, during morning rush hour, went into the breakdown lane at some insane speed, only to slam into a car that had broken down and was in that lane?  That caused Route 8 to be closed for quite a while, since they had to peal what remained of the guy off the car he hit. 

Now, as soon as I see a motorcyclist, I assume he (don't see many women riders) is an idiot and give him a wide berth.  Many, probably 99+% of real cyclists, are not idiots, but I've seen enough motorcyclists who are idiots that I no longer trust them.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2013, 01:39 pm »
Those idiots on motorcycles are the stunt rider kids who don't know how hard the ground really is.
They won't be doing that for long and are really dangerous to ride with as they're so unpredictable.  When I see those guys I just let them get far away from me because a crash is coming sooner or later and I'd prefer not to be in the middle of it.

Back to racing, even in my prime I would have been nothing more than a moving obstacle at the Isle of Mann course.

charmerci

« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2013, 06:07 am »
Some of these dudes are even crazier -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfRGnmVHN0

When I used to ride a motorcycle, I assumed every car never saw me.

Rclark

« Reply #12 on: 20 Apr 2013, 09:04 am »
Isle of Man is probably the greatest gasoline powered, wheeled racing event that will have ever happened.