Bargains on IEMs for listener with bad run of luck

dB Cooper

Re: Bargains on IEMs for listener with bad run of luck
« Reply #20 on: 10 Mar 2013, 03:43 am »
I suppose these would be a cheap option

MattTCG

« Reply #21 on: 11 Mar 2013, 12:45 am »
I have seen used Vsonic gr07 going for $100 on head-fi lately. They are an absolute steal at that price. No bass cans with these. They reproduce a wonderful sound signature.

Don't know if you want to go used or not.

gL!!

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #22 on: 11 Mar 2013, 01:19 am »
I'm in the first few months of health issues with my wife and have been using headphones a lot more than usual. My favorite IEMs are a pair of Shure SE210s. I don't have experience with any of the phones mentioned but probably won't look much more. Also have a pair of SE115s which are close but not quite as good.

dB Cooper

« Reply #23 on: 13 Mar 2013, 11:55 pm »
As it turned out, I don't have to buy new headphones. Etymotic did me a kindness and gave me a "mulligan" even though I told them pretty much flat out that I thought I had damaged them. The color I had has been discontinued but so what, I can't see 'em when they're on anyway. They were under absolutely no obligation to do this and they have a very happy customer on their hands as a result.

Still having that new headphone jones though. But I was having it before this  :lol:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #24 on: 14 Mar 2013, 01:46 am »
Good for you, I always liked my Ety MC5's, just wish the low end was better....if it was they'd be my favs.
Try Senns my friend....

dB Cooper

« Reply #25 on: 14 Mar 2013, 02:08 am »
I am a Sennheiser fan (have the 555's  and have owned a number of others in the past) and am considering a set of 600/650's in the future. As far as Senn IEM models go, have only heard a low end model (CX300 i think) which were OK but nothing to write home about. I like my 555s but they are on the bright side.

BTW I found the bass and mid-bass improved in my hf3's with the Comply tips and later the custom ear tips (seal is critical). The customs cost more than the MC5's though so that may not make sense.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:35 pm »
I tried the MC5's to see if I liked the Ety sound and I do but even with the Comply if I remember correctly it still deep enough. I guess its time for me to dig them up and listen to them again.....yep, got em right here, off to listen, thanks for reminding me about Ety's. I turned Zepp onto the 5's and he liked them I know, time for another listen.

dB Cooper

« Reply #27 on: 15 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm »
Don't think anybody from the etymotic company hangs out here (I did tell their service manager about AC) but if anybody is considering buying the product, I want to endorse them wholeheartedly. They replaced my hf3's even though their problem was pretty clearly my fault. In fact, when I spoke to their service manager, he basically implied that as long as I hadn't cut the cable into one-inch pieces, they would most likely replace them. We live in a hard nosed age and many companies would have told me "Sorry Charlie", which Ety would have been perfectly justified in doing. Not saying they would do this every time, for everybody, but they are obviously a company that cares about the customer, not just the almighty buck.

ajzepp

« Reply #28 on: 16 Mar 2013, 03:01 am »
I turned Zepp onto the 5's and he liked them I know, time for another listen.

Yep, still have them, too.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #29 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:47 am »
I love my Etys.  My ER6i are about 7 years old and have seen a ton of mileage.  Never a single problem.  My ER4S are about 5 years old and, while not having a quarter the mileage on them as the ER6i, have been put to the test too without a hiccup.

I have an extra pair of ER4S if anyone's interested.  I bought 2 pairs for some reason that made sense at the time.  I've been meaning to list them for about 4 years now, but for some reason I haven't.  PM if interested.

PS - They're the S version, and therefore don't do well with portables.  My iPod Classic doesn't do them any justice.  Through my Bryston B60's headphone section, they're awesome.

PPS - Sorry if this sounds like an ad.  It's not my intent at all.  Just showing love for Etys, and a 'if you're looking for a pair, I've got an extra one' post. 

decal

« Reply #30 on: 19 Mar 2013, 12:47 pm »
I recently got some UE500's and love them, I also have Ety mc5's and the UE500's sound just as clean to me but with added low end the Ety's could never pull off. They need to play-in/burn-in at least mine did.

I've always loved my Sennheiser CX???'s and just grabbed another pair today off Neweggs sale....todays were CX280's for $18 down from $69.95. I think Sennheiser is clearing the floors for newer models myself as I see CX??? numbered models popping up lately....
 :thumb:

I concur with Ed on the Senn CX280, great bargain.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 20 Mar 2013, 11:53 am »
Phew.....OK good, thanks for posting that Decal!!, I was beginning to sweet my recommendation. :thumb:

orientalexpress

« Reply #32 on: 28 Mar 2013, 02:46 pm »
I concur with Ed on the Senn CX280, great bargain.
I agree,great sound for the money.i love it  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

lapsan