Looking for some Visaton plans

hdspeakerman

Re: Looking for some Visaton plans
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2013, 02:43 am »

SteveRB

« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2013, 03:04 am »
Looks aperiodic to me, on time 1:34 to 1:38 you see the holes are covered inside with a white foam.
What call my attention is this video is it is very well made and even the room is decorated to favor the equips.
It looks a audio shop not a home.

Sorry. You are right. Looks like he's swapped out the rear baffle since he documented the build. So yes, my plans above are very close the that speaker system.

Any comments on the drawings?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2013, 03:18 am »
I dont love aperiodics, I feel it feet well to some Dynaudio drivers, but by the good result I listen on this video this project may sound good too.

If I were made a B200 box, I surely use the bigger possible box, i.e. the sealed 100litres as recomended by Visaton, cause a bigger box offer more bass.

If a two way: I would put the B200 as OB and more a boxed Eminence woofer.
Of course it is just IMO.

SteveRB

« Reply #23 on: 11 Feb 2013, 03:47 am »
Always loved the Dynaco sound. These are going to be smaller than ideal. Had them in an OB for a couple years. This sizes (volume) seems to be repeated in a few other designs as the smallest recommended.

ejfud

« Reply #24 on: 11 Feb 2013, 03:51 am »
I've been wanting to do something with my air of B200's for a while. The old Omegas was going to ne my model as well. Heck I even bought 4 of the aperiodic ports.

Did Louis give you any tidbits of info you'd care to share?

Any reason for the location on the ports?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #25 on: 11 Feb 2013, 03:54 am »
Aperiodics vents simulate a bigger box tough.
Which may be equivalent to a real volume inside... aparently.
Dynaudio used aperiodics vents away from front baffle, Madisound projects too.

SteveRB

« Reply #26 on: 11 Feb 2013, 04:05 am »
I've been wanting to do something with my air of B200's for a while. The old Omegas was going to ne my model as well. Heck I even bought 4 of the aperiodic ports.

Looks like we are both a little lost. Louis recommended bigger boxes... He basically said to copy the dimensions of his (Omega) largest enclosure and put one vent on the bottom. After I asked for a smaller design, said to copy any of the Hoyt Bedford cabs.

http://www.hoytbedfordspeakers.com/cabinets.html

Dave at Planet 10 gave some advice: go with the biggest box you can and put a vent in it.

I get the seance that its bit rocket science -- as long as best practices are followed. I'm leaning towards the A8 dimensions with a removable back to chop up with vents to suit...

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #27 on: 11 Feb 2013, 04:29 am »
............or you could sell the B200s and buy new drivers (with the $) better suited to a small box.  :dunno:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 11 Feb 2013, 04:36 am »
............or you could sell the B200s and buy new drivers (with the $) better suited to a small box.  :dunno:
Alpair 12P... 

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #29 on: 11 Feb 2013, 08:01 pm »
Dave at Planet 10 gave some advice: go with the biggest box you can and put a vent in it.

An aperiodic vent

dave

SteveRB

« Reply #30 on: 11 Feb 2013, 11:18 pm »

Louis recommends keeping the port lower on the back -- not behind the driver.