This hobby is some kind of sickness........

soundofrockets

Re: This hobby is some kind of sickness........
« Reply #100 on: 7 Mar 2013, 05:02 pm »
John you are more than welcome to come back and have the HT room all to yourself (i am sure you wouldn't mind having steve - cheesehead around) and do all the critical listening to your hearts content.  i am kind of debating whether to get the super 7s!!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #101 on: 7 Mar 2013, 05:37 pm »
Set a tripod on your listening seat, leaning back so that your attached mic will be at your head's listening position; then back away a few feet.  Your head close to the mic affects the mic's sound pickup.
Let me get this straight - tilt the mic so it is leaning away from the speakers? Doesn't this mean that reflections off the back of the chair (which would normally be blocked by my body) would be measured high?  :scratch:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #102 on: 7 Mar 2013, 05:40 pm »
John you are more than welcome to come back and have the HT room all to yourself (i am sure you wouldn't mind having steve - cheesehead around) and do all the critical listening to your hearts content. i am kind of debating whether to get the super 7s!!
Color me jealous! Fantastic sounding speaker!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Wish I lived closer to you guys up there. It's just a heck of a long ways away.  :(

sl_1800

« Reply #103 on: 7 Mar 2013, 06:06 pm »
John you are more than welcome to come back and have the HT room all to yourself (i am sure you wouldn't mind having steve - cheesehead around) and do all the critical listening to your hearts content. i am kind of debating whether to get the super 7s!!

Trust me, just go for it, the Super 7 is amazing!!!

soundofrockets

« Reply #104 on: 7 Mar 2013, 07:35 pm »
somebody please stop me.  this is pathological disorder !

SoCalWJS

« Reply #105 on: 7 Mar 2013, 07:46 pm »
Who? Me???????

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm already down that road and around the bend.....

Cheeseboy

« Reply #106 on: 7 Mar 2013, 07:58 pm »
Nope.  Not gonna stop you.  I can only imagine how fantastic those would sound in your room.

You and I should stop at SoCals house to hear his Super V's side by side with his LS6.   There is alot to like about the open baffle sound and timbre of these speakers.   Open baffle servo sub bass is tripendicular.   

You don't need a doctor to cure this disorder.   
Can you still get "The Super Deal"?

soundofrockets

« Reply #107 on: 8 Mar 2013, 07:08 am »
lets do it steve.  and while we are it might as well stop by Hugh and fire up the big bad tubes he has !! with pure melody.............that would be nirvana.  just need to find another job and leave my wife and kids...........now i am set.......... :thumb:

sl_1800

« Reply #108 on: 8 Mar 2013, 02:32 pm »
Hey the single life is working for me!!!

WireNut

« Reply #109 on: 8 Mar 2013, 06:06 pm »

I heard that. I thought I was done buying equipment, but then I saw this and that and the other, but oh wait, that didn't work out so now I need this, since I have this, now I need that. Here's my wallet. I love this hobby/way of life. 

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #110 on: 8 Mar 2013, 06:38 pm »
SoCalWJS wrote:
tilt the mic so it is leaning away from the speakers?
  Nope, lean the tripod back so that your mic is at your head position.  Point the mic starght ahead, toward the midpoint between your L & R speakers.  The point is to get you away from the mic.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #111 on: 8 Mar 2013, 07:40 pm »
lets do it steve.  and while we are it might as well stop by Hugh and fire up the big bad tubes he has !! with pure melody.............that would be nirvana.  just need to find another job and leave my wife and kids...........now i am set.......... :thumb:

You and your lovely wife make beautiful children.  They are healthy, articulate, intellegent and good looking.  They should fetch top dollar on the open market.  You can save hundreds of thousands by trading them now for high end audio equipment.  Jeez think about it.  Purchasing the sytem of your dreams and having to pay for 3 college educations might be more than you would like to invest. 

If you'd like Helen and I would be happy to take them off your hands.  Except the youngest.  He asks too many questions.  Also the oldest will start driving soon.  Thats more than we would like to deal with.  And by all means we don't want to have another girl.   Perhaps you should keep them.  Sorry I brought this up.  This hobby is some kind of sickness.  Especially if you have children.  Ah later dude.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #112 on: 8 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm »
Steve (Cheeseboy)

You are hopeless........

Hope to see you soon. You putting in for the OC show or RMAF yet?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #113 on: 9 Mar 2013, 12:08 am »
Cheesboy, You are too funny, my daughter is in her senior year of college at the University of Washington. I would have taken you up on that kind of offer four years ago but now I have far too much invested and will need to keep her as an asset for my retirement :lol:.

SoCal, it sounds like you have some assets of your own, they are definitely a long term investment but well worth it in my portfolio, even if it's been going backwords for over two decades :o

Cheeseboy

« Reply #114 on: 11 Mar 2013, 05:17 pm »
The last I checked Sunil was planning to join me in a trip to the OC show.  I have been trying to get the dates locked down so we can start our planning. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #115 on: 11 Mar 2013, 06:05 pm »
The last I checked Sunil was planning to join me in a trip to the OC show.  I have been trying to get the dates locked down so we can start our planning.
May 31 - June 2

http://www.theshownewport.com/

Cheeseboy

« Reply #116 on: 13 Mar 2013, 05:07 am »
I have the green light from Mrs Cheese. I just have to look at my work schedule.  Sunil, are you in for a drive or a flight.

soundofrockets

« Reply #117 on: 16 Mar 2013, 04:44 pm »
thanks the info steve.  sounds like a plan.  let me get my vacation approved.  driving gives us more flexibility.  but i believe it will be long drive.  whatever you say.  will the 7s be there ?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #118 on: 16 Mar 2013, 05:41 pm »
thanks the info steve.  sounds like a plan.  let me get my vacation approved.  driving gives us more flexibility.  but i believe it will be long drive.  whatever you say. will the 7s be there ?
I tried to plant the seeds with Danny last year, but it's a VERY long drive for him. Lone Star and RMAF are the only likely candidates for the 7's to appear, but who knows  :dunno:

:green:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #119 on: 17 Mar 2013, 11:02 pm »
Is there anyone In LA with them. I'd love to hear them. I'm saving some bottles of Pinot for the trip.