Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.

hyghwayman

Re: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.
« Reply #380 on: 26 Aug 2013, 07:11 pm »
 :D

Movin on UP  :thumb:

Russell Dawkins

cheap-o subs-in-a-bucket
« Reply #381 on: 26 Aug 2013, 09:00 pm »
Apparently these sound great and cost around $75 each in parts (but require a plate amp).

An amusing read, at least:
http://www.transcendentsound.com/Transcendent/Subwoofer.html

charmerci

« Reply #382 on: 27 Aug 2013, 03:12 am »

As for your Jr. status, just post a bunch of fluffy posts, say 20 - 30 per day and you'll get to full member status in no time!  Worked for me!  The easiest posts are those with Thumbs up Smileys, "+1" and "What he said".  Post a bunch of those a day, whether you actually agree with the quoted post or not, and we'll see you in the Full Member Club real soon!

That was downright funny!!!   :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #383 on: 27 Aug 2013, 03:17 am »

Sound wise, my old towers were a bit better and more detailed as a stereo set up.  However, I am happy with this system overall, which is primarily for home theater.  And, difficult to beat 3 speakers with reasonable good quality for $87 bucks.

If you decide to keep them, internally brace or dampen them. They'll sound much better.

srb

« Reply #384 on: 27 Aug 2013, 05:27 pm »
Amazon is currently listing the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers for $80 shipped.

Steve

Andre2

« Reply #385 on: 27 Aug 2013, 09:18 pm »

As for your Jr. status, just post a bunch of fluffy posts, say 20 - 30 per day and you'll get to full member status in no time!  Worked for me!  The easiest posts are those with Thumbs up Smileys, "+1" and "What he said".  Post a bunch of those a day, whether you actually agree with the quoted post or not, and we'll see you in the Full Member Club real soon!

Yes, great idea.   :thumb:

I believe the threshold for full member is 300 posts, so I should be there soon  :D

Andre2

« Reply #386 on: 27 Aug 2013, 09:25 pm »
While the little Pioneers are great for the money, I think they are bested by well designed speakers in the $300-500 range.  So I'm not surprised your towers sound better for music.  Those who say these little speakers are "giant killers" are just plain nutty.  But I'm not sure they can be beat for under $300 or so.

(...)

As I listened more last night, I got more disappointed, and I will return these speakers.

I go to my home office and work or surf the net a bit at night while listening to great imaging and detail with my EE M88 integrated and GR N3s.  Then, I go to the living room and I cannot deal with the decrease in sound quality, with the pioneers, really.  I would rather get a couple of N1X from GR Research, which was my original plan anyway.

But, it was worthwhile experiment.

drtool

« Reply #387 on: 27 Aug 2013, 09:47 pm »
Amazon is currently listing the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers for $80 shipped.

Steve
Last Sat I picked up a pair for $99. with tax at Best Buy Oh well ,we shall see. Have not had time to open them yet. they are not for me but my sister's kid for Xmas...if I like them enough.

roscoeiii

« Reply #388 on: 27 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm »
Last Sat I picked up a pair for $99. with tax at Best Buy Oh well ,we shall see. Have not had time to open them yet. they are not for me but my sister's kid for Xmas...if I like them enough.

Or should that be "unless I like them too much"?

drtool

« Reply #389 on: 28 Aug 2013, 01:38 am »
Lol If I like them THAT much, off to Amazon I go. I hope they work well in a dorm room. Really want to diy a pair for her when she finishes school.

charmerci

« Reply #390 on: 28 Aug 2013, 05:17 am »

brj

« Reply #391 on: 28 Aug 2013, 07:45 am »
I seem to recall that Andrew Jones mentioned a new, improved version of these speakers coming out this Fall during an interview earlier this Spring.  I believe the list price was going to remain unchanged.  It was a brief comment and I don't remember details, so I'd recommend listening to the interview yourself for confirmation.  (And product release schedules always seem to shift quite a bit anyway.)

Sorry, the interview is an hour long, and I don't remember the time stamp of that comment as I had it on in the background while working on other tasks.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #392 on: 28 Aug 2013, 08:44 am »
The comment was made at 46:00.

brj

« Reply #393 on: 28 Aug 2013, 02:46 pm »
Thanks, Russell.

On a second review, nevermind - false alarm. The 22 series is the one he was referring to, as the 21 series was current at the time of the interview.

Sorry for the confusion.

adydula

• Restricted

Ericus Rex

srb

« Reply #396 on: 28 Aug 2013, 08:38 pm »
"Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"     :lol:

Better than 3 to 4 months.

I have a friend that ordered them during a similar sale ~ 4 months ago and it also said "1 to 2 months", but he did receive them within one week.

Steve

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #397 on: 29 Aug 2013, 06:28 pm »
Just got an update will ship out next week....they got supply!!

now go get'em!!

:thumb:

Alex

Peter_S

« Reply #398 on: 30 Aug 2013, 05:04 pm »
I'm trying to help a student get set up with a pair of these for her dorm room.  Could anyone provide recommendations for an integrated amp or receiver to go with them?  I'm talking fairly inexpensive either new (ebay chip amps), used (DIY chip amps or SS amps), or used vintage (what specs for a receiver?).  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #399 on: 30 Aug 2013, 05:57 pm »

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTX8050/Onkyo-TX-8050-2-Channel-Network-Stereo-Receiver/1.html

or

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKHTRC330/Onkyo-HT-RC330-5.1-CHANNEL-HOME-THEATER-RECEIVER/1.html

you only have to use 2 of the speaker connections.

This site has lots of low cost refurbished recievers...I have purchased from them many time...

All the best
Alex