Remaining Super-V inventory

Danny Richie

Remaining Super-V inventory
« on: 12 Jan 2013, 06:30 pm »
The boxes are cut for amp too.. Yes.

JP

It appears Super V's don't exist anymore... but the real question is what is next.....

I have two pair of the Super-V's left.

SoCalWJS

Re: Remaining Super-V inventory
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2013, 07:29 pm »

:o

Whaaaaaa....????

Are you discontinuing them????

(I still kick myself in the backside from time to time for not jumping on that last Super V Flat pack  :duh: :duh: :duh:)

(If you are discontinuing them, does this mean the replacement is getting close???  :green:)

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2013, 07:37 pm »
:o

Whaaaaaa....????

Are you discontinuing them????

(I still kick myself in the backside from time to time for not jumping on that last Super V Flat pack  :duh: :duh: :duh:)

(If you are discontinuing them, does this mean the replacement is getting close???  :green:)

P-Audio discontinued those drivers last year. So I bought all that there was. And now they are almost gone.

I still have a fully assembled pair that I can sell too.

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2013, 01:56 am »
Just to be clear, in case I missed it, there are no ob H frames for sale?

I need a pair.

-Tony

fishboat

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2013, 02:09 am »

Danny...Not sure if I understand correctly...are you discontinuing the Super V kit?

If so..it there a replacement?  Timing?

jparkhur

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2013, 02:22 am »
Danny...Not sure if I understand correctly...are you discontinuing the Super V kit?

If so..it there a replacement?  Timing?

Couple things- h frames in limbo, too much stuff on plate, will they happen I think so

Two- from the other thread (ravens win!) Danny bought out all the left over p audio drivers and he only has two left to make a super v ( two pairs). 

The rest- ???????? Danny

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2013, 03:42 am »
The importer will be servicing the drivers if they ever need servicing. I also have an extra tweeter in stock just in case some kid sticks his fingers into one of them. So no worries on that stuff.

Plus these drivers are rated to handle TONS of power. And the sensitivity is so high that they rarely see much power to begin with. Even if abused they hold up extremely well. So I don't anticipate any failures. There have been none so far going on four years of using them. 

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2013, 03:51 am »
Danny,
I think the question was  more of "what will replace the super V model in your line of kits?" not  about replacement drivers...

Ed VB

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2013, 05:08 am »
TRADERXFAN

Good question. I plan to have the first X-Otica kit when released but even Danny thought it would not be at the same level as the Super V.

Times change and I hope we have a new winner but the X-Otica hits the price point with me so I hope it will be close.

What will top it and are thoughts being discussed now?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2013, 02:15 pm »
....starting to hijack this thread - maybe time to start a new one, but I believe it's frowned upon to get too much speculation going in the forum.

Is there any chance (or need) for another run of these drivers by the manufacturer (or even another one)???

If not, is there anything in the works that will be a "next generation" in the V-line? (OB, high-sensitivity, high-output, 12 inch Servo's)???

:scratch:

*edit: Thanks for the thread cleanup Danny! :thumb:

Decision time.......

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2013, 07:51 pm »
Well, that stinks!  Is it not cost effective to have them made for you?  Will you be replacing the Super V with another diy kit that offers the same price/performance?

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2013, 12:25 am »
Well, that stinks!  Is it not cost effective to have them made for you?  Will you be replacing the Super V with another diy kit that offers the same price/performance?

I'll come up with something.

My orders are not large enough for custom runs. 400 to 500 drivers per run is a small run for them. And it would be a considerable investment.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2013, 12:25 am »
I'll come up with something.

My orders are not large enough for custom runs. 400 to 500 drivers per run is a small run for them. And it would be a considerable investment.
Gotcha!  Is it in the works?

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2013, 12:39 am »
Gotcha!  Is it in the works?

I'll figure something out. Right now none of the other decent coaxial drivers that I have looked will allow the back of the tweeter to be milled out to make them open baffle as well.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2013, 12:42 am »
I'll figure something out. Right now none of the other decent coaxial drivers that I have looked will allow the back of the tweeter to be milled out to make them open baffle as well.
I see.

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2013, 02:21 am »
Danny, is there any chance that you could may be give us a little more notice when your kits/items are on the way out? Since following your threads, I have failed to get a set of PR subs, a couple of the SA-1 amps and was considering the 8" v's as well!

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jan 2013, 03:55 am »
 :o Ah crap!  That was going to be my "down the road project". :duh:  Oh well.

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm »
The last remaining Super-V kits have been sold.

I have one fully assembled pair left and that's it.

jparkhur

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jan 2013, 11:43 pm »
May we have a moment of silence... now turn the music UP..  Can't wait for whats next!

JP

JoshK

« Reply #19 on: 14 Jan 2013, 11:50 pm »

BMS wouldn't work?  (I don't know, not being smart)  http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=bms_12c362