TONEAudio's Facebook giveaways

rhandmj

Re: TONEAudio's Facebook giveaways
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2012, 03:14 pm »
Every bar I hang out in for a beer has plenty of advertising hanging all over the walls.

He was not talking about a bar, he was talking about his Facebook site being akin to dropping by a friends home for a beer and hanging out. If your friends advertise at you in their homes, I guess we just have a different set of friends.

I think here it is very simple, it is a matter of whether or not one cares to be advertised to on a social media site. My choice is not, others can make their own choices. I simply care about whether it is open or not, or if it is being misrepresented or not. I generally find that when the defense is tonally aggressive there has been a nerve hit.

WGH

« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2012, 04:34 pm »
I think here it is very simple, it is a matter of whether or not one cares to be advertised to on a social media site.

I suppose Facebook used to be a social media site back in the internet stone age but now it is a business site disguised as a social media site. Facebook vacuums up everything you post and sells it to advertisers. If you hate advertising you might as well delete your Facebook account right now because more is coming. Two recent reports on Marketplace heralds our brave new world:

On Facebook, you're for sale
Facebook tests new paid messaging

Keep up the good work Jeff, you are one of the voices of reason and clarity in a sea of babble.

Wayne

srb

« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2012, 05:02 pm »
Facebook is both a business and a social media site.  If Jeff did not advertise on his business Facebook page I would be recommending to him that he should.

Keep up the good work Jeff, you are one of the voices of reason and clarity in a sea of babble.
+1

Steve

TONEPUB

« Reply #23 on: 29 Dec 2012, 06:56 pm »
He was not talking about a bar, he was talking about his Facebook site being akin to dropping by a friends home for a beer and hanging out. If your friends advertise at you in their homes, I guess we just have a different set of friends.

I think here it is very simple, it is a matter of whether or not one cares to be advertised to on a social media site. My choice is not, others can make their own choices. I simply care about whether it is open or not, or if it is being misrepresented or not. I generally find that when the defense is tonally aggressive there has been a nerve hit.

My defense is not tonally aggressive, I am just curious as to why you choose to keep complaining about something that no one else seems to have a problem with.

Your ability to comprehend what I'm trying to say is pretty close to zero.  You're taking one phrase out of context and you just keep blathering on and on about it.  What I referred to about likening my page for the magazine to friends hanging out for a drink is, that is the level of conversation I'm trying to keep on the page, not a continuous level of arguments, like this one.

As I mentioned yesterday, of the last 100 posts on our FB page, two of them were related to Music Direct and SoundStage Direct.  That is hardly the constant advertising you keep whining about.  Most of the posts are pictures of peoples listening room, gear that we have in for review, music we are listening to, and links to other sites.   

You talk about having a different set of friends.  You never tell your friends about a new record you bought, show them the new car, camera, watch you just bought, never talk to them about the new restaurant in town that you and your wife went to that had great food?  That's all advertising, whether you care to admit it or not.  So, if you never talk to your friends about the things you've discovered in your life, then yes, we have very different friends.  I just happen to have made a business out of it.

You keep trying to paint a picture of me as a dishonest person, or someone who is doing something to you and others against your will, that you object to.

Nissan has a Facebook page, Coca Cola has a Facebook page, why would TONEAudio not have a Facebook page that is aimed at increasing our readership and exposure? And for that matter, so does almost every other consumer magazine out there.

What our Facebook page also does that is not only of tremendous value to me and my staff, but to our readers as well is the ability to communicate with our readers pretty much in real time and keep our content as relevant as we can.  Many of our readers have popped in and asked where they can get something repaired, where they can find a dealer, how to set up their cartridge, etc etc.  None of this would be possible in the confines of a print magazine.

If you don't like what we're doing, why don't you just go away?

If you don't like my "tone," it's because I'm really sick and tired of having a pointless argument with you, especially when I am doing nothing wrong or unethical.  You're constant harping about this really gives me pause to think you are a shill for someone else.  So who's being less than honest now?

For what it's worth, since the start of this petty argument, we've added almost 500 people to our FB community.  You're advertising for me right now, and I'm not paying a cent for it, so in one sense I should thank you.  Every malcontent like yourself usually helps our google metrics quite nicely, because their friends all need to check out what you're complaining about.  And about 98% of them end up staying.

So, keep up the good work!

:)

Charles Xavier

« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2012, 07:18 pm »

In the end who gives. He brings enjoyment to the rest of us.