BDP-1 MPD service

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDP-1 MPD service
« Reply #20 on: 14 Dec 2012, 03:03 am »
Hi Chris. This problem started when I downloaded the file James sent me Monday..... 20121210.bin. Prior to that everything was good.

Robert.

Hi Robert,

From the front of the bdp use the buttons on the front.

Right (should give you a menu (drive, playlist, settings))
Down
Down
Down

This should place "settings" as the selectable item.

Then push the down button until "file system check" (last item in the menu) is selected then push the right arrow button.

The second line will show a message "checking file system" followed by the word modified with a number.  This number will either be a 1, 2 or 3;

If Modified 1: try running it again by push the right arrow after the message has gone away.
If Modified 2: wait for the message to disappear, push the up arrow (this will select reset global variables), then push the right arrow and wait until you see S1.60 2012-12-10 to appear on the second line.
If modified 3: wait until the message has disappeared and try again.
If passed: follow modified 2 instructions
If you have run the check file system test three times, call us or email us to arrange a time for us to call.

Crice@bryston.com

If your BDP is working correctly then do NOT run this check

Cheers
Chris

hawkeye99

« Reply #21 on: 14 Dec 2012, 11:03 pm »
Hi Robert,

From the front of the bdp use the buttons on the front.

Right (should give you a menu (drive, playlist, settings))
Down
Down
Down

This should place "settings" as the selectable item.

Then push the down button until "file system check" (last item in the menu) is selected then push the right arrow button.

The second line will show a message "checking file system" followed by the word modified with a number.  This number will either be a 1, 2 or 3;

If Modified 1: try running it again by push the right arrow after the message has gone away.
If Modified 2: wait for the message to disappear, push the up arrow (this will select reset global variables), then push the right arrow and wait until you see S1.60 2012-12-10 to appear on the second line.
If modified 3: wait until the message has disappeared and try again.
If passed: follow modified 2 instructions
If you have run the check file system test three times, call us or email us to arrange a time for us to call.

Crice@bryston.com

If your BDP is working correctly then do NOT run this check

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris. Well I tried following your instruction but I may have hit the GLOBAL SETTINGS RESET (if there's such a thing) by mistake. I had just woke up. Anyways SURPRISE SURPRISE. Everything seems to be working. I guess I'll thank you. Thank you. I'm happy again.

Robert.

hawkeye99

« Reply #22 on: 14 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm »
I may have spoken too soon. Standby.....

Robert.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 15 Dec 2012, 01:34 am »
?

hawkeye99

« Reply #24 on: 15 Dec 2012, 11:13 pm »
Well I can make a playlist on Gnome now and I can get into the SETTINGS page on the Bryston website now but the BDP will only play one or 2 songs and then it will disconnect from Gnome and I lose my playlist. Should I try updating the firmware again Chris.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 16 Dec 2012, 03:47 pm »
When you go into settings, and click the services menu on the left (using safari or chromium) is the status for MPD green or grey?

Cheers,
Chris

hawkeye99

« Reply #26 on: 16 Dec 2012, 04:11 pm »
I'm using Firefox. In the Service Menu the MPD status is Green. Does that answer your question or do you want me to try Safari or Chromium. I don't use those browsers but could down load and try.

Robert.

werd

« Reply #27 on: 16 Dec 2012, 06:46 pm »
Hi

Use chrome, it fixed a lot of intermittent crap I was having like you are having now. Is your bdp  the only device on that Ethernet cable into your router?

hawkeye99

« Reply #28 on: 16 Dec 2012, 06:59 pm »
Hi

Use chrome, it fixed a lot of intermittent crap I was having like you are having now. Is your bdp  the only device on that Ethernet cable into your router?

I normally use Gnome. I just use Firefox for getting into the settings on the Bryston Home Page.... I have 3 computers and the BDP on the same router.

hawkeye99

« Reply #29 on: 16 Dec 2012, 10:42 pm »
I re-installed the firmware. I've played half a dozen songs so far and no glitches. Keeping fingers crossed.   :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #30 on: 17 Dec 2012, 01:03 am »
I'm using Firefox. In the Service Menu the MPD status is Green. Does that answer your question or do you want me to try Safari or Chromium. I don't use those browsers but could down load and try.

Robert.

Older versions of firefox are incompatible with the settings page.

werd

« Reply #31 on: 17 Dec 2012, 01:22 am »
I normally use Gnome. I just use Firefox for getting into the settings on the Bryston Home Page.... I have 3 computers and the BDP on the same router.

Ok, but you are not using two devices including the bdp along one ethernet into a router?  i have an xbox and a bdp that share the same ethernet cable. When i use the bdp i have to unplug the xbox and plug in the bdp. Like that i have reset my bdp from start everytime i try to use or else the router will not see the bdp.

hawkeye99

« Reply #32 on: 17 Dec 2012, 09:32 am »
Older versions of firefox are incompatible with the settings page.

I'm using the current version of Firefox....17.0.1

hawkeye99

« Reply #33 on: 17 Dec 2012, 09:33 am »
Ok, but you are not using two devices including the bdp along one ethernet into a router?  i have an xbox and a bdp that share the same ethernet cable. When i use the bdp i have to unplug the xbox and plug in the bdp. Like that i have reset my bdp from start everytime i try to use or else the router will not see the bdp.

No. I'm not sharing the cable. It stays plugged in.

Robert.