Embarrassing Question....

Minorityof1

Embarrassing Question....
« on: 30 Nov 2012, 07:44 am »
So I'm pretty new to the DIY electronics, so this might just be an insultingly easy question, but nonetheless, we all have to start somewhere, so here it goes.

I'm interested in eventually building a Cornet2 for my system and have been pouring over the schematics and this site to familiarize myself with this system.

I was looking over the parts list and comparing it to the schematics, diagrams and other pictures around this site and noticed something odd about the quantities of resistors to purchase. For example, the quantity of 47K, 1W resistors for R200 is 5, but I can only see R200R and R200L. In looking at some builds (both on the Hagerman site and here), I can only see 1 resistor at each of these positions. So...well...where do the other 3 go....?

poty

Re: Embarrassing Question....
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2012, 12:16 pm »
Well, obviously - nowhere.  :) The parts list was combed long time ago, so some circumstances have already changed. Sometimes it was just cheaper to buy 5 than 2, sometimes there was minimal order for a position... I think you should take the list as a guide and order just the parts you need.

Minorityof1

Re: Embarrassing Question....
« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2012, 07:25 pm »
Hah, that's what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure! Thanks!