Build LS-9

tubesaab

Re: Build LS-9
« Reply #80 on: 12 Jan 2013, 05:54 pm »
Thanks
i will try this..will be a good idea to lift the speaker from the wood floor,,with the spikes

Lundskov

« Reply #81 on: 14 Jan 2013, 07:18 pm »
Hi Tubesaab. I live in Copenhagen. Can we talk together about your speakers  :icon_lol: my number is 26131046. Best regards Mikhael

tubesaab

« Reply #82 on: 14 Jan 2013, 09:09 pm »
opss just seen your number now---call you tomorrow Mikhael

tubesaab

« Reply #83 on: 16 Jan 2013, 07:49 pm »
After some more hours on the bag of the LS-9,,,i have just heard Roger waters, Amused to death,again
I will take the chance,and say, that  you have newer heard  this record ,before you have heard it on the LS-9...It is so wild ,,super 3d sound effekt..the explosion gave me nearly a heart attack...i realy love it :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #84 on: 16 Jan 2013, 08:07 pm »
After some more hours on the bag of the LS-9,,,i have just heard Roger waters, Amused to death,again
I will take the chance,and say, that  you have newer heard  this record ,before you have heard it on the LS-9...It is so wild ,,super 3d sound effekt..the explosion gave me nearly a heart attack...i realy love it :D

My favorite is Three Wishes.  :thumb:

tubesaab

« Reply #85 on: 16 Jan 2013, 09:19 pm »
Oh jaa ..but there are many good numbers..have listen to music for 3 hours now,,,time to go to bed

PMAT

« Reply #86 on: 17 Jan 2013, 11:52 pm »
..the genie said "I'm sorry"................ Wow I love that song. It will blow your beryllium to hell though. The first time I heard that was just after it came out about 1990 on vinyl. I had a very good system but I remember running from the kitchen to turn it down because I didn't know how much sub-bass was going to come off this track. That was the first low bass I ever heard in audio. Frightening then giggles.

Danny Richie

« Reply #87 on: 18 Jan 2013, 12:26 am »
With the Super-V's that genie voice makes a circle around the room.

Then the way that the word "bye" fads into the guitar is a goose bump moment.  :thumb:

Killer song!

PMAT

« Reply #88 on: 18 Jan 2013, 12:56 am »
Jeff Beck plays killer guitar for Roger on that album. I've never heard your speakers so far. Some day. I watch here mostly as a lurker. It's a great circle. Anybody have Super V's in the SF Bay area?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #89 on: 18 Jan 2013, 01:33 am »
Jeff Beck plays killer guitar for Roger on that album. I've never heard your speakers so far. Some day. I watch here mostly as a lurker. It's a great circle. Anybody have Super V's in the SF Bay area?
Michael?..... Michael?.....  :green:

tubesaab

« Reply #90 on: 22 Jan 2013, 06:41 pm »
Is there some off you ,who use the Servo sub together with the LS 9 or LS6 ?
Danny recommend it ,,just like to hear from other who use it
Bjarne

tubesaab

« Reply #91 on: 27 Jan 2013, 08:37 am »
Where is the best place to place basstraps or traps ,,,in the corner or behind the speaker ?   my LS are near the corner and not far from the back wall
Bjarne

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #92 on: 27 Jan 2013, 10:07 am »
Normally in the corners is the most effective place for bass traps :)

Best is a big superchunk from floor to ceiling covering the whole corner, like this:

tubesaab

« Reply #93 on: 27 Jan 2013, 10:49 am »
Thanks...i will try something like that,,looks god in the corner..a little diskrete -
Bjarne

fishboat

« Reply #94 on: 29 Jan 2013, 11:31 am »
Normally in the corners is the most effective place for bass traps :)

Best is a big superchunk from floor to ceiling covering the whole corner, like this:

Steve..you went the superchunk route..so did I.  Mine are 64 inches high.  I plan to do some corner triangles up on the ceil/wall corner.

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #95 on: 29 Jan 2013, 11:52 am »
Hi Kevin,

Yep I built some big superchunks, 600mm on each rt angled side, but those aren't actually my pics, I found them on the net. I built mine to be movable, 1.2 meters high so I can stack them 2 high, floor to ceiling :)

tubesaab

« Reply #96 on: 17 Feb 2013, 06:54 pm »
This weekend i installed a active filter,and one more amp,,,the filter can make delay,,peq,,notch,,,shelf,,and filter in many way
i use now 24db 850hz on bass and tweeter,,,some room correction and a little delay on the bass,,peq on the tweeter around 13khz,,the measure, in my listening position, is not so bad
super bass sound, direct couplet  on the amp ,,more tight, better definition
overall a more dynamic presentation
the filter and amp is from a danish company called Groundsound
The Groundsound amp is on the bass,,,and my Gryphon is on the tweeter
Bjarne 

LSfromBC

« Reply #97 on: 17 Feb 2013, 07:46 pm »
 :D hi tubesaab,

can you please put a 3-4 minute video of all your gear and the ls9's on youtube? play a song from pink floyd or roger waters  :thumb: it is so strange that there are no youtube vids of these awesome speakers.

cheers :D

tubesaab

« Reply #98 on: 17 Feb 2013, 08:50 pm »
hmmmm i must have some help with that...no video recorder..maybe one off my friends can do that
great fun to sit and listen .and then change the filter..and hear the result at once..(take only 5 sek.)

tubesaab

« Reply #99 on: 21 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm »
This is how my speaker measure in my listening position .mike same place as my ears