Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)
« Reply #20 on: 19 Nov 2012, 09:39 pm »
Best wishes, Brian.

Having good thoughts for you and yours,

Jerry

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #21 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:12 pm »
Hoping Brian can recover to enjoy a long life, without the rigors of VMPS.  I visited his home back in the 80's and became a big VMPS customer, at the height owing an all VMPS 5.1 system with RMX's as the mains... after having Super Tower II AR/SE's, 626R's and RM30's, among others..  Brian is one of the pioneers of speaker design, a long time AC member, and our prayers go out to him and his family.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #22 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:19 pm »
Brian, wishing you a full recovery. My prayers are with you.
Mark

Chris from Lafayette

« Reply #23 on: 20 Nov 2012, 06:25 am »
Brian - hang in there! Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you and Shirley - Madeline sends her best wishes too! We hope to see you soon when you recover!

michael green MGA

• Industry Participant
  • "everything affects everything else"
    • MGA/RoomTune
« Reply #24 on: 20 Nov 2012, 06:34 am »
sorry to hear the news

get well brian

mg

/mp

« Reply #25 on: 20 Nov 2012, 04:00 pm »
Good news you're healing. Sad news you're closing the business but understood.
Best wishes,
/mp

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #26 on: 20 Nov 2012, 04:07 pm »
Prayers are with Brian and his family.  Also hoping that once better, you decide to keep the VMPS name going!

John Casler

« Reply #27 on: 20 Nov 2012, 09:21 pm »
Hi ALL,

Thanks for all the kind words for "Big B".   His wife Shirley said she got a chance to read some of them to him the other day.

Many have been e-mailing and PM'ing me about "parts" and "drivers".

While things are still "up in the air" right now, and we are under a Dec 1st deadline at the factory, I am attempting to salvage as many parts and so on, as I can.

I think the most important part is the NEOPANEL Driver.  It is the heart of the RM series VMPS speakers and while they are quite robust, they do occasionally fail.  All the other drivers can likely be maintained or replaced with equal performers from Speaker Driver companies.

I am not sure as to Brian's stock of Neopanels, or to their condition. (Often they need to be modded for them to work)

So it is my intention to try and procure this stock, and offer it to those of you who want to insure the long life of your VMPS Ribbon Speakers.

Again this is just "in the works" and I will have to drive from LA to El Sobrante to make it happen, so we'll see if I am able to make it happen.

If I do, and you have VMPS Ribbon Monitors, you may want to consider the insurance of a couple of these NEOPANELS to make sure you can keep your VMPS speakers viable and healthy for years to come.

I will post here on AC if it works.  And if you have friends with VMPS, please let them know of Brian's medical situation in case they wish to post a comment or two.

shauk786

« Reply #28 on: 21 Nov 2012, 12:27 am »
Brian

Sorry to hear that VMPS is closing. However, your health and family are much more important so please take care of that. I have had the priviledge of owning several of your speakers including RM40s, 626's and Larger Sub. I have had the pleasure of meeting you several times in Las Vegas and Newport and treasure a lot of nice and funny memories.

God bless you and your family and lead you to a quick recovery.

My Regards,
Shaukat

PLMONROE

« Reply #29 on: 21 Nov 2012, 03:03 am »
Brian, wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Paul Monroe

Brax

« Reply #30 on: 21 Nov 2012, 04:08 am »
I wish Brian a speedy recovery and good health. That is the most important thing.

It will be a sad day in audio history when and if VMPS closes its doors, but the longevity of Brian’s speaker designs is a testament to his work in the industry. All you need to do is read this board and you’ll see Brian’s work has been and will be around for a very long time.

I have never met Brian but have been touched by his creations. I am a self confessed VMPS fan boy and proud of it. I will never sell my VMPS speakers and hope to keep them in perfect working order for many years to come.

John, you are right on the panels being the heart and soul of these designs, save as many as you can. You can count me in on taking a few of them off your hands as spares. I’m sure somewhere down the line a few of my 23 neo panels may need to be replaced.

Roc

« Reply #31 on: 21 Nov 2012, 07:12 pm »
Brian,  I too wish you a speedy recovery. Hope you get to enjoy Thanksgiving while doing so.

I can't think of any other company (or person) who has done what you have: 
Design and build the highest performance products, at a price normal people can afford. 
And what company owner will talk to callers, and listen when they have new ideas or tweeks to try. 
You are unique, a true giver.  We love you man!

When VMPS doors close there will be a void in this industry.

Dave Rocco

Housteau

« Reply #32 on: 22 Nov 2012, 02:20 am »
Thanks for posting this John.  I have been out of touch and a bit isolated at work since you last brought me up to speed with the latest word from Shirley about Brian.  It is good that everyone is aware of his illness.  This is not just an audio community, but also one of compassion and support when called for.

Get well Brian.  You deserve the chance to relax and enjoy the music as you have made possible for so many others to do.

Jack D.

« Reply #33 on: 22 Nov 2012, 10:48 am »
I could not have said it any better, Housteau.  You took the words right out of my mouth!

Darac

« Reply #34 on: 22 Nov 2012, 01:00 pm »
Health comes first, everything else can wait ...

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #35 on: 22 Nov 2012, 02:50 pm »
WOW!  Have to let this settle in a bit.........I am very sad to hear Brian is having health issues, ours prayers and hopes are that Brian has a full recovery and gets to choose how to enjoy his life from here on out. 

Brian has built VMPS into a great brand through customer service, honesty and a genuine love for his work, thank you Brian.  I have purchased RM 40's and 626's from VMPS and loved them all.

Warm Regards,

Guy

mjmessina

« Reply #36 on: 22 Nov 2012, 03:34 pm »
Brian,
Wishing you a very speedy recovery.  My prayers are with you & your family.
Mike

Kim S.

« Reply #37 on: 23 Nov 2012, 10:13 am »
Brian,
Thank you for helping me enjoy this hobby and music as much as I do.  I've spoke to you several times on the phone and I always felt like I was talking to a celebrity.  Get well soon.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #38 on: 23 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm »
Brian you have made many, many people smile with your work and dedication now take the time for yourself so you can smile again and enjoy what you've worked so hard to achieve.
  :thumb:

2xtreme

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: 23 Nov 2012, 02:09 pm »
Hi John,

I wish Brian all of the best... as he has definitely made some Xtremely fine VMPS products. I am currently using the RM-40 speakers... and simply love them.

Brian, you have all my love and prayers. I look forward to talking with in the future.

Sincerely,

Brian Kyle
Xtreme Cables and Xtreme AV
Dana Point, CA 92629