December MAAC meeting

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: December MAAC meeting
« Reply #40 on: 8 Dec 2012, 04:13 pm »
LOL!  :thumb:

Only if the band plays Black Sabbath music and I get to choose a good beer!  If so, I will bring the guitar rig! :)

See you tomorrow at 1PM!

Well, somebody thought it was a good idea to give the driver a shot of Jager, 15 years sober down the drain, he's passed out in the aisle.  I think we're somewhere in West Virginia.  We're letting Joey drive because he's missing a few teeth and seems to get a better response around here when asking for directions, but it doesn't appear to have helped.  The roads are getting narrower and the mountains steeper.  We might be a little late.....

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #41 on: 8 Dec 2012, 04:25 pm »
Is this going on this weekend? I'm unable to make it.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #42 on: 8 Dec 2012, 04:37 pm »
mix4fix, yes it is today.

Letitroll98, we should be at Bob's for a while.  Hope you can make it!  Lots of audio goodies we can try.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #43 on: 9 Dec 2012, 03:37 am »
Another MAAC meeting is complete.  Had a fine time today at Avoosl's with the assembled group:

PhilA
jarcher
HAL
Avoosl
Roscoe Primrose
CharlieS

Played vinyl, CD's and HiRez.  Lots of good music was heard!

Will post the group picture soon.

Happy Holiday's to everyone!

Phil A

« Reply #44 on: 9 Dec 2012, 04:09 am »
Another MAAC meeting is complete.    Lots of good music was heard!

I concur.  Bob is a great host and has a great system.

Below is a picture of HAL and his twin brother at the meeting.  His brother is the flashier dresser.  HAL stuck to basic blue to match the blue suede shoes

Here is just a picture of HAL's twin brother

Phil A

« Reply #45 on: 10 Dec 2012, 01:25 pm »
Another MAAC meeting is complete.  Had a fine time today at Avoosl's with the assembled group:

PhilA
jarcher
HAL
Avoosl
Roscoe Primrose
CharlieS

Played vinyl, CD's and HiRez.  Lots of good music was heard!

Happy Holiday's to everyone!

Happy Holidays to everyone as well.  Rich, thanks again for bringing your wonderful music server.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #46 on: 10 Dec 2012, 01:55 pm »
Phil,
Glad you enjoyed the MS-1!

Hope next time to have the MS-2 running for some fun.  I have to remember to bring the new LED monitor! 

Phil A

« Reply #47 on: 10 Dec 2012, 02:56 pm »
Phil,

Hope next time to have the MS-2 running for some fun.  I have to remember to bring the new LED monitor!

Rich, sounds good.  I'll be making more progress on digitizing things and looking at DSD DACs.  Looking at Ted B's review of the Exasound now.  If I wasn't doing the new house thing, I'd definitely go for the Meitner.  Hopefully by late Janaury I'll have made significant progress on the digitization and be ready to get serious about the DAC and the music server after I get back from FL in Feb.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #48 on: 10 Dec 2012, 08:41 pm »
Phil,

The MS-1 was nice, thanks for setting this up.  Pass my thanks on to Bob as well for hosting!

Tough to get good help these days ;)

Roscoe

Phil A

« Reply #49 on: 10 Dec 2012, 08:54 pm »
Hopefully in about 3 months or when I get everything further along, I'll have the MS-2 and a DSD DAC.  I had to talk to the construction manager of the FL house so I can run down while they do the electrical and low voltage and I felt much better being able to tell him about Bob's set-up of the 200 amp service for the audio system.  They only think I'm a mild lunatic now - much better :green: