VR-100XS to debut next month!

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: VR-100XS to debut next month!
« Reply #40 on: 10 Feb 2013, 05:15 pm »
The XS subs are designed to be placed across the listening room from the towers, at or behind the listening position.  The 24" subwoofer cubes use new technology to work with the towers to neutralize/correct room response peaks and dips.  The full VR100XS system including subwoofers will be performing at Axpona in March.  I'm sure there will be lots more pictures (I'll be taking some myself at Axpona).

There might be some video too.

Johnbr

« Reply #41 on: 12 Mar 2013, 10:56 pm »

The VR 100 at  AXPONA.

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #42 on: 13 Mar 2013, 04:22 am »
The photo shows the XS subs placed next to the VR-100 main towers.  These were not turned up loud enough to hear, but were in place to show customers what they look like.  We had the "real" pair playing in the back of the room, 45 feet away, but were in the shadows where no one could see them.  Many of the reviewers who came to the room thought that the subs weren't even playing, since the bottom end was very tight and seemed to be coming from the front sound stage.  However, no matter where you stood or sat, the bass was uniform to a 1dB tolerance level, largely due to our new technology.

In the next few days, we will be posting comments from reviewers.  During show conversations, 4 out of 5 reviewers had awarded us "best sound of the show."  What will appear in print might be another matter....

It will be fun to follow the progression of comments! 

roscoeiii

« Reply #43 on: 13 Mar 2013, 04:28 am »
A great sounding speaker. I kept dragging friends into the room to hear them. They handled so much different music so well. A real pleasure to listen to them, and to meet Albert in person. Look forward to your return to Chicago.

htradtk

« Reply #44 on: 28 Apr 2013, 10:52 pm »
Hello Bob,

We haven't heard from you in a long while, just wondering if you have received your VR-100XS speakers? Impressions and pics please!

Henry

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #45 on: 29 Apr 2013, 11:28 pm »
I recently heard through the audio grapevine that a certain world-class amplifier mfr drove the VR-100XSs with their amps and said that the VR-100XSs were THE best they had heard with their electronics  :thumb:...and turns out they have paired their amps up with many of the big boys including the Magico flagship Q7s.  More to come on this no doubt..

JackD201

« Reply #46 on: 30 Apr 2013, 02:42 am »
Kernelbob is probably blissed out in his music room and has forgotten about us.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #47 on: 30 Apr 2013, 01:05 pm »
..he would be except for the fact that he is still VR-100XSless  :lol:

pipper389

« Reply #48 on: 2 May 2013, 03:39 am »
would love to hear them . albert is really a very nice guy , needed a speaker binder that i broke on my vr3.s and albert went out of his way to send a prototype spare that he had for no cost. thanks again albert.

VR-35DeluxeExport

« Reply #49 on: 3 May 2013, 05:36 pm »
These are HUGE!!

JackD201

« Reply #50 on: 4 May 2013, 09:00 am »
You should see the VR-11s at over 7 feet tall. Even Albert who is somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4" looks small beside them. :)

They make the VTL Sigfrieds and VAC 450 Statements looks small.

fplanner2000

« Reply #51 on: 6 May 2013, 01:06 am »
Hey Jack!

Why did you pick the 11's over the new 100's?

I'm thinking about upgrading my 7's to something else as my system starts to get crazy good - have Kevin's Statement preamp on order and Esoteric P-02/D-02 arrive this week as a substantial APL NWO-M upgrade (Alex no longer maintaining a US presence).  Room is 19x20 w/sloped ceiling - any speaker ideas welcome that would improve upon my SE Mk2's to a substantial degree.  Albert has talked to me about the 100's, but I've never heard them.

Or, maybe I just sit tight, let everything else arrive and break in, then see where I am. (But what fun is THAT???) :icon_lol:

Thanks

Harve

JackD201

« Reply #52 on: 6 May 2013, 05:49 am »
The 11s landed on my lap or rather they will in a few months time. :thumb:

Mainly though it is because I feel I've reached exactly the voicing I like if ultimately not the projection only an 11 can provide with that same voice. 11s are stacked 9s  so there will be very little work to do to get them singing the way I want them to. My room was designed and built around the eventuality of the 11s so no problem there either.

Ultimately that means I won't be changing anything upstream since I am extremely pleased with the TechDAS Air Force One turntable, The EERA for CD and my move to Light Harmonic's Da Vinci for server duty. I may add another pair of Lamm M2.2s IF I need them.  Another thing going in my favor. M1.2s and M2.2s can be daisy chained saving me from another 12m run of Masterbuilt Signatures.

Rouslanbel

« Reply #53 on: 29 Jul 2013, 05:49 am »
VR-11 is $225K
VR-9 was introduced as exactly a half of VR-11 and retails for about $90K

Now, we've got Universe introduced at $140K which is a bit smaller than VR-11

Is seems to be a big gap in the lineup between VR-5 anni mk2 for $30K and VR-9 for $90

Is it reasonable to assume we may get a new speaker (VR -77 ? :-) ) which could be 1/2 of the Universe  for something around 55-60K ?

( just following VR-11:VR-9 ratio and applying it to the Universe price)

JackD201

« Reply #54 on: 29 Jul 2013, 07:20 am »
Eventually, I expect it to be a bit more than half 100s though  :wink:

SundayNiagara

« Reply #55 on: 29 Jul 2013, 02:02 pm »
Have these new speakers been delivered yet?

a.wayne

« Reply #56 on: 6 Oct 2013, 06:52 am »
Bump, for update ....:)

JackD201

« Reply #57 on: 6 Oct 2013, 12:56 pm »
Hey man, long time no see!

The XS is showing at RMAF with Constellation and Critical Mass Systems this month.

The emergence of the ULTRA hook up wire from Delphi has had two big VS owners figuring out if they are springing for these or the Signature MB hook ups which are standard for almost all Mk2s from the VR-5 on up and the Unifield 3 Mk2. I believe Robert is one of them but I'll leave that to him to confirm.

I've been baby sitting ULTRA ICs but sadly they will be going back to Albert as soon as I land in the US next Thursday. Seems the mad scientists at Delphi have come up with an even better braid pattern than the units supplied to us Beta testers.

a.wayne

« Reply #58 on: 6 Oct 2013, 10:52 pm »
Thanks Jack,

Good to see you around and thanks  for the update , sounds like alot of big guns coming out this year , very interesting to see how this will shake out ...

:)