FS: Hornshoppe Horns - $300 w/ free shipping to US - SOLD

fiveoclockfriday

• Personal site
* THESE ARE NOW SOLD *

I'm selling a well used, but sonically excellent pair of Hornshoppe Horn speakers. I am the second owner, and I purchased them in 2006.

They sound wonderful with great soundstaging and imaging. They work especially well if you can put them in corners, and if you have higher ceilings. There are many reviews on the web, if you're checking this out you've probably read about them. If you haven't, check out http://thehornshoppe.com/reviews.html

These have the Fostex 126 driver (not the newest en version). I upgraded from the original 108 drivers to these per Ed Schillings instructions in 2007 sometime. They have been playing wonderfully ever since.

There are a couple cosmetic issues, should be visible in the photos. First, there are some scratches and general roughness aroudn the drivers, from when I did the upgrade. Technically/sonically the upgrade was well done, but I was rough, and it shows right around the driver area. The second issue is that one of the dust caps was poked in, by my niece about a year ago. I truly don't believe it has affected the sound in any way, but it doesn't look great. There are ways to fix this, or you could always install phase plugs, or even just get a new driver (about $60 from Madisound I think).

SPECIAL DEAL FOR AC:  I will sell the Horns for $300, INCLUDING shipping to lower 48/US.  I do not have original boxes, but I will have FedEx or UPS pack professionally. I can accept PayPal or certified check/money order.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2012, 02:49 pm by fiveoclockfriday »