Speaker suggestion time

theborg

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #40 on: 30 Dec 2002, 01:44 am »
Quote from: thetruth
thetruth is in the high-end audio business

In that's the case, then I think you should perhaps identify yourself and the company you are associated with. Our suggested guidelines are http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89.msg569#569">here. If you would like to change your moniker to reflect your real identity, then contact me and I can do it for you.

G-7

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #41 on: 31 Dec 2002, 02:29 am »
get a pair of these,
unbeatable sound,
Scan-Speak and Focal drivers, proven sound

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #42 on: 31 Dec 2002, 02:29 am »
Uhm, what are they called?

G-7

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #43 on: 31 Dec 2002, 06:17 am »
Shan Emotion 540 , Czech Made

Oxia

Verity Audio Fidelio for $4600 on Audiogon (a steal!)
« Reply #44 on: 31 Dec 2002, 06:20 am »
ZooDog,

For under $5000, here's a speaker I would seriously consider:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1045937157

The Verity Audio Fidelio is a highly refined, exceptionally resolving, articulate and musically satisfying floorstander. What's most remarkable is it's midrange driver from Audio Technology (designed by Ejvind Skaaning, the founder of Dynaudio and ScanSpeak). This incredible driver is so fast that it's allowed to handle frequencies up to 5.5kHz --no crossover is used to roll off it's top end. Like all Verity Audio designs, it's cabinetry and quality of finish is absolutely top-notch. Since it's not too large (39" high, 8.6" wide, 12.7" deep), WAF should be good.

Sam Tellig raved over it's "electrostatic-like" sound. FWIW, it's class A rated in Stereophile.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #45 on: 31 Dec 2002, 06:44 am »
The Shan Emotion 540's are some pretty sweet looking speakers.  Those are some pretty nice drivers in it too.

G-7

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #46 on: 31 Dec 2002, 01:48 pm »
So, what do you say ZooDog? Interested in Shan E540? I have Shan Emotion 530 over here right now and I live 5min from Boston. If you wanna really spend some bucks and get decent speakers, come over.

ZooDog

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #47 on: 31 Dec 2002, 01:50 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I just got my RM-1's set up again in my regular room before bed last night and I am going to try and re-tune them this week.  I've been thinking things over and I might wait and see what Brian comes up with in the next 6 months or so and then maybe trade up.  I have a feeling that the sound I'm getting from my RM-1's is not representative of the rest of the VMPS line.  If he can improve the dispersion of the RM series then that would be really promising.

Anthony C

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #48 on: 1 Jan 2003, 02:33 am »
I have th RM2 and agree that they seem to work best with a lot of power, My Cinepro 1K2 (500X2 @4) works great.
If I was looking for speakers now I'd like to look at Von Schweikert (I'm sort of stuck on ribbons now though)
If size is an issue maybe monitors with subs would work. What about the new speakers from ACI ?

roopaudio

Speaker suggestion time
« Reply #49 on: 2 Jan 2003, 03:52 am »
Jeff,

If you can comment what you do/don't like about your Solo's, I'd definitely try to offer up a humble opinions.  Only reason I ask is that I've owned a pair of Gallo's too, so I could get maybe a little more of an idea to your tastes in speakers.  I suspect if you're a fan of that CDT tweeter you won't be able to go back to cone for the high-end - I know I couldn't :).

Thanks,

Rup