RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)

Milehighguy

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)
« Reply #260 on: 1 Oct 2012, 06:00 am »
Also, I have a name for the multiple connector set-up. My name is Jack, so I call it
"Jack's extra Jacks"
Catchy,eh? :lol:
« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm by Milehighguy »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #261 on: 1 Oct 2012, 11:34 am »
And if you put both connectors on the Super-7's, then folks can compare any style of cable terminations.

I like it! :)

rockdrummer

« Reply #262 on: 1 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm »
I have looked at the electra tube website and would like to try them. 

Don't laugh, I have monster cable Z1 speaker cables.  I know they aren't really that good.  I got them super cheap when I worked for audio king.  $30 for a 10ft pair.   Anyway, I know there are different windings and whatnot, so I don't know if it would be worth trying to use electra tubes for my cable.  They are fitted with banana plugs right now, so I would assume, using the electra tubes on the speaker end would still be a little better than regular speaker cups.  Right?

I can see both sides of this debate about changing a product.  Frankly, some people who buy second hand aren't always informed and want to know everything is on the up and up. 

ben

Danny Richie

« Reply #263 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:03 pm »
I'm glad that both Danny and Ric like my idea, and maybe now they can stop arguing :lol:

Funny, I didn't think we were arguing. I thought this was a great exchange of ideas. I really appreciate the feedback. This will be discussed later today with Serenity Acoustic principle owner.

I have looked at the electra tube website and would like to try them. 

Just give me a call and order a set.

I'll even offer 20% off on tube connectors to anyone that participated in this thread as a thank you.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #264 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:06 pm »
 :thumb:

I have the tube connectors and will mod my Electra Cables speaker cables, once I get some new speakers. :)

rockdrummer

« Reply #265 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:40 pm »
Danny, I think I will take you up on that.  Can the speaker side tube be inserted in other posts like a banana plug?

Ben

Danny Richie

« Reply #266 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:49 pm »
Danny, I think I will take you up on that.  Can the speaker side tube be inserted in other posts like a banana plug?

Ben

All you need for mounting them is a 7/16" hole in the cabinet.

Installation instructions are here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=94014.0

rockdrummer

« Reply #267 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:52 pm »
If I install them on my cables, can I use those cables on speakers that don't have the tube connection in the cabinet?

Ben

Danny Richie

« Reply #268 on: 1 Oct 2012, 02:43 pm »
If I install them on my cables, can I use those cables on speakers that don't have the tube connection in the cabinet?

Ben

The male stud of the tube connectors is the same diameter as a standard banana plug. So it does fit the hole of a standard binding post, but there is no tension device to lock it in place. So it can be a little loose in some of them.

You can always add the male stud of the tube connector to the end of your cable then jumper over to a standard banana or spade so that your cable can use both. See these cables. They have Electra Cable male studs and standard banana's on the end.

Milehighguy

« Reply #269 on: 1 Oct 2012, 06:57 pm »
I'm glad that both Danny and Ric like my idea, and maybe now they can stop arguing :lol: 
Funny, I didn't think we were arguing. I thought this was a great exchange of ideas. I really appreciate the feedback. This will be discussed later today with Serenity Acoustic principle owner.

I'm sorry if my post came off a little too negetive. I was joking about the arguing part, which is why I added a smiley face. It was a great exchange of ideas, and was quite respectful. I just wanted to say that if my idea was helpful, I'm glad I was able to contribute something. I'm interested in seeing what way Serenity Audio goes on this. And I, like many others here, am certainly looking forward to seeing danny's latest and greatest at RMAF. I think this speaker has the potential to generate quite a buzz at the show. I hope I can get in the room.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #270 on: 1 Oct 2012, 07:04 pm »
I am just bringing food, water and hiding next to a sub!  :D

jparkhur

« Reply #271 on: 1 Oct 2012, 07:28 pm »
Be careful... My friend tried that once to sneak in.....to a Tom Petty Concert in Hollywood....

Milehighguy

« Reply #272 on: 1 Oct 2012, 07:29 pm »
mistake. disregard.

Milehighguy

« Reply #273 on: 1 Oct 2012, 07:35 pm »
mistake #2. nevermind. :duh:

HT cOz

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff....
« Reply #274 on: 2 Oct 2012, 02:13 pm »
And some of you are thinking, how do those Neo 10's work on their side? Two of them together like that make a 10" square just as if they were a single woofer. They don't play up high enough to have interference effects. It's just like having a pair of mid-bass drivers in a typical MTM design. So its like a MTM design with 10 woofers.

Danny could you make an Omni design with a pair of Neo 10 facing upward and a single Neo 3 on the front?  Or would it be better to use a single Neo 10 facing upward?  Just wondering what the possibilities are with these drivers.

Thanks,
Robert

Danny Richie

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff....
« Reply #275 on: 2 Oct 2012, 02:27 pm »
Danny could you make an Omni design with a pair of Neo 10 facing upward and a single Neo 3 on the front?  Or would it be better to use a single Neo 10 facing upward?  Just wondering what the possibilities are with these drivers.

Thanks,
Robert

Theoretically you could face a Neo 10 up.

The good thing about them being on the same plane though is that they are physically aligned.

Danny Richie

« Reply #276 on: 2 Oct 2012, 02:34 pm »
Okay fellows, the verdict on the binding post question is...

Serenity Acoustics will put any binding posts on its speakers that the customer is willing to pay for. However, it will not replace the tube connectors. It will be a second set that is in addition to. So one can use an inferior connection if they want, but the speakers will not be bottle necked by it. The higher quality tube connectors will be there should the customer decide to update their speaker cables at a later date.

Captainhemo

« Reply #277 on: 2 Oct 2012, 05:09 pm »
That sounds like a good plan , can't see anyone objecting to  it

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #278 on: 2 Oct 2012, 05:10 pm »
 :thumb:

mykyll2727

« Reply #279 on: 2 Oct 2012, 05:15 pm »
 :thumb: That way everyone can be accommodated.