Football Picks

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Football Picks
« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2012, 05:46 am »
Wow, a killer week for me and a winner for bookies everywhere.  This week there are so many close games with bad teams playing bad teams and good teams playing their equals, should be a great week to watch football.  There's only one disagreement between betters and predictors, New Orleans-Tampa Bay with betters going with NO at 2.5 points and predictors giving TB the edge at 2.77 points.

Lets see if I do better this week:
San Francisco
N.Y. Giants
Minnesota
Dallas
Tampa Bay
Green Bay
Houston
Indianapolis
Buffalo
New England
Oakland
Pittsburgh
Chicago

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:30 pm »
I'll take a loss for Thursday night's game. Here's the list:

Loss  :duh:
Buf
Car
Bal
Ind
Min
NYG
GB
NO
NE
Oak
Cin
Chi

jimdgoulding

« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:41 pm »
If Dallas loses today, look for some heads to roll.  Baltimore has too much pride to let Houston run thru them.  I'm guessing they stop em.  And Houston is missing a key defensive player.  Ray Rice time.

Later, er, I thought the game was in Baltimore.  I really did.  Schaub is getting even for that end of season interception last year.  Texans are lookin tough.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2012, 08:52 pm by jimdgoulding »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2012, 03:51 pm »
I'll take a loss for Thursday night's game. Here's the list:

Loss  :duh:

You don't have to take a loss for Thursday, just put in who you picked, there's no rules for tardiness.  Unless you didn't have a pick for Thursday, in which you're allowed to call a no-pick loss.  In other words if you didn't think about it before the game.

I didn't post my picks this weekend because the thread is just about dead, no one but Jerry and I are interested.  I think I got one game wrong yesterday, go figure.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #24 on: 1 Nov 2012, 08:36 pm »
Ok to add our picks at this time for conference winners? 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 4 Nov 2012, 04:29 pm »
Yeah, fur sure, it's a free country.   :lol:

I thought five or six of the regular football posters would jump on this thread, but it didn't happen, oh well.  It seems the football regulars are mostly tied into their own teams with a cursory interest in the rest of the league.  I pick all the games for a non-betting football pool we've had going on for over a decade, started by a Christian friend of mine for whom betting is taboo.  I think we have more passion in this pool than most of the betting pools I've been in over the years, everyone wants to win.  I thought it would be fun here, but so it goes.  If you get any interest in picking conference winners, Superbowl contenders, whatever, more power to you.   

jimdgoulding

« Reply #26 on: 28 Nov 2012, 02:54 pm »
Ok, then . .

NFC East- NY
NFC Central- 12/15 make that Green Bay
NFC West- SF
NFC South- Atlanta

AFC East- New England
AFC Central- Baltimore
AFO West- Denver
AFC South- Houston

The teams on the undercard may make for some seriously entertaining games.  Gotta lotta love for Indy and Seattle.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2012, 11:03 pm by jimdgoulding »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #27 on: 28 Nov 2012, 04:00 pm »
NFC East- New York Giants
NFC Central- Green Bay Packers (Just to be different, I think it's a toss up between the two teams)
NFC West- San Francisco 49ers
NFC South- Atlanta Falcons

NFC Wild Card - Chicago Bears (or Packers if it goes the other way in the division)
NFC Wild Card - Seattle Seahawks

AFC East- New England Patriots
AFC Central- Baltimore Ravens
AFC West- Denver Broncos
AFC South- Houston Texans

AFC Wild Card - Indianapolis Colts
AFC Wild Card - Pittsburgh Steelers

The divisional picks are almost a given except in the NFC Central.  The Wildcards are the only real question marks.  Even there it's Colts and the loser in the NFC Central race.  My guess for the last spot is Seattle going 3-2 for the rest of the year and Pittsburgh going 4-1.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #28 on: 28 Nov 2012, 04:11 pm »
NFC East- New York Giants
NFC Central- Green Bay Packers (Just to be different, I think it's a toss up between the two teams)
NFC West- San Francisco 49ers
NFC South- Atlanta Falcons

NFC Wild Card - Chicago Bears (or Packers if it goes the other way in the division)
NFC Wild Card - Seattle Seahawks

AFC East- New England Patriots
AFC Central- Baltimore Ravens
AFC West- Denver Broncos
AFC South- Houston Texans

AFC Wild Card - Indianapolis Colts
AFC Wild Card - Pittsburgh Steelers

The divisional picks are almost a given except in the NFC Central.  The Wildcards are the only real question marks.  Even there it's Colts and the loser in the NFC Central race.  My guess for the last spot is Seattle going 3-2 for the rest of the year and Pittsburgh going 4-1.
Modified my post above.  Geez, I left off Houston.  I'm so sharp I amaze myself sometimes.  Agree with you, Let.  I had Dallas til this past Sunday cause of their schedule, but they chumped out and NY won large.  It would tickle me pink if Seattle knocked off SF but I can't realistically see that happening if they were to play.  I'm very interested to see what Dallas does in the off season.  It's about time they, rather Jerry Jones, took a look in the mirror (that would be enough to scare me to sanity!).  Past time.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #29 on: 29 Nov 2012, 03:24 pm »
Ha!  I thought the Miami pick was a joke 'cause you had some beef with the Texans that I was unaware of.  Please note that I couldn't reliably remember all of the divisional standings without looking it up, it's in doing just that when I noticed everything's about wrapped up barring any collapses and the wildness only remains in the wildcard races.