How many bikes in your stable?

JoshK

How many bikes in your stable?
« on: 12 Sep 2012, 09:52 pm »
7 = Road bike, Urban SS (cheap enough not to cry over if stolen), 29'er, 5" FS Trail bike, DJ'er, soon to be an upgrade for 5" FS bike, 8" DH rig

Getting a obsessive.

ryno

Re: How many bikes in your stable?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm »
Surly crosscheck, geared for commuting. Surly 1x1 , weekend pickup truck, and a schwinn letour from the 70's, converted to singlespeed, like Josh, cheap enough not to cry over if stolen. I'm trying hard not to buy anything else.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm »

I have a 2010 Specialized Enduro and a Commencal Supreme DH - 8" downhiller.

Wife has a Rocky Mountain ETS. Gave away her previous Norco.

Son has a Black Market Kill Switch and a Rocky Mountain junker.

Daughter has a Transition Syren.

So while I am not obsessed with bikes, it sure is a lot of bikes to store in the garage.

Rocket_Ronny

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm »
Your topic makes me feel poor,  I only have two bikes (and neither are fancy) :

Bike 1:   a '08 Trek Pilot with full SRAM Red (got the Red for next to nothing from a friend who didn't want it because it was scratched).  It's also got a custom PowerTap wheelset (wireless Pro PT hub) with DT Swiss Aerolite spokes. 

Bike 2:  1997 Cannondale F700 in Viper Red.  Custom XTR wheelset from 1998.  Sachs shifters (company no longer exists), Sachs rear DR, old school Race Face Turbine crankset (made in Canada, baby), Avid Ultimate brake levers and Arch Supreme brakes.  The brake levers are CNC'd aluminum and are beautiful.  The handles look like these but the brakes are the newer model from 1998 or 99.  The brakes are worth more than my bike.  I almost never ride this bike except on the MUP.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Tri-Align-III-brakeset-including-Original-Speed-Dial-Ultimate-Levers-/271045378786?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1b9042e2&nma=true&si=rA9Bz3fnl%2BWxE8af0%2FdDsnxxPxw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's it.  I'm planning to get a custom road frame and transfer the Red to the new bike, or a new Trek Domane (or something else, who knows) but I'm enjoying my Pilot a lot.  It rides like a Cadillac (a carbon fiber one, but a Caddy!), even on rough roads.  Not the stiffest frame but it is so comfy and fits me well.  I'll never sell this bike and use it as a backup when I get a real racer.

won ton on

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2012, 11:29 pm »
mid 90's Trek 930 now use it on the cyclops in the basement
Litespeed Vortex road bike dura ace and mavic wheels
Rock Mountain Blizzard full XT, mavic wheels Race Face cranks, carbon seat post and handle bars
would like to get a Moots ti YBB or custom ti bike

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm »
two a steelie from the 80 and a alum carbon mix form the early new century

LadyDog

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2012, 12:46 am »
Crap, confession time.

Cyfac Spirit(new age steel), Crumpton(custom carbon),  Serotta Meivici, Gravity SS, Gravity Team(converted to a neighborhood bike with the kids or when I do not feel like getting all dolled-up), older Fisher Mt Tam(the fillet brazed one), older Fisher Excaliber.........with a IF Ti FLW possibly coming.

Hopefully someone does not start a "how many speakers" thread. 

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:02 am »
Crap, confession time.

Cyfac Spirit(new age steel), Crumpton(custom carbon),  Serotta Meivici, Gravity SS, Gravity Team(converted to a neighborhood bike with the kids or when I do not feel like getting all dolled-up), older Fisher Mt Tam(the fillet brazed one), older Fisher Excaliber.........with a IF Ti FLW possibly coming.

Hopefully someone does not start a "how many speakers" thread.

Are you more likely to be on the tv shoe Intervention or Hoarders?

You have amazing bikes. I'm very jealous !

JoshK

« Reply #8 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:08 am »
To be more explicit:
1) Road: 2009 Cannondale CAAD9 stock
2) Urban:  Trek Earl stock except grips.
3) 29'er: 2009 Gary Fisher X-Caliber.  lots of upgrades, what started it all off...as I only got back into riding in June 09.
4) DJ'er: Spec P3 bought for a pence for our jump park.  Its a brick.
5) 5"FS:  2008 Giant Trance X2 bought cheap with most everything upgraded, I upgraded the wheelset.  This is my 90% ride.
6) Coming soon to a theatre near you:  IBIS SL-R meant as an upgrade for 5.  A coworker that I turned onto riding is taking the 5 off my hands.
7) Building up DH rig:  Canfield The One with Boxxer WC & CCDB-coil. 

about the last.  I am 37, took up riding 3 years ago again and don't have any desire to race, but like adrenalin sports (ski the same way).  Since I am not racing and our park is a bit tame compared to out west, I opted for a light DH/FR rig rather than a full on sled.  This way the ride is more versatile.   I got a VP varial headset so I can set the angle easily.

I haven't ridden #1 once since I moved up here.  Too many good trails close by to risk life and limb fighting traffic on the roads.  I keep it for just in case.   2) I use to ride around town to the bars and such.  3) I ride occasionally.  Its fast, but wagon wheels just really aren't for me.  Its climbs like a goat though. 
4)  I grew up riding a BMX national race track in our neighbourhood and doing freestyle.  While I am old and timid now compared to then, its in my blood.   That explains 7. 

LadyDog

« Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:36 am »
Josh,
Jealous of the Fisher 29'er.  Been thinking about selling my old Fishers and parlaying that money into something more modern.  Being old-school, would probably lean toward a hardtail though.  Been impressed with the Lefty forks I have ridden on a few Dales.

Jack,
You may see me on both those shows.  ;)

steve f

« Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:38 am »
Just one, Harley. Looks cool, goes fast, no exercise.

tybee

« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:50 am »
Modern and Vintage

Modern
Lynskey Titanium R330 with Sram Force and Red Components, DA wheels

Vintage
Late 70s Harry Quinn custom with chrome fork and rear triangle -Reynolds 531 tubing - Campy NR equipped.

1982 restored Trek 720 Touring bike with Reynolds 531 tubing - Shimano, VO Components

1980s  Restored Matt Assenmacher Custom Frame with Reynolds 531 tubing and full Campy SR components

1985 Restored Scott Paisley Columbus tubing racing frame with full Dura Ace components

1980s Restored Gios Torino - Columbus tubing with full Campy SR components - tubular wheels

Have several unrestored Italian racing frames collecting dust in my basement (Basso, Olmo, Ciocc)
Lots of Campy NR and SR components also collecting dust

JoshK

« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:58 am »
Josh,
Jealous of the Fisher 29'er.  Been thinking about selling my old Fishers and parlaying that money into something more modern.  Being old-school, would probably lean toward a hardtail though.  Been impressed with the Lefty forks I have ridden on a few Dales.

Jack,
You may see me on both those shows.  ;)

If you were near and a medium, I'd sell it to you.   I keep it for XC ride I think I might someday do, but that just isn't my ride style.  I ride for fun, somewhat fitness, techy challenge and for getting some fun time doing things that make the adrenalin rush.    I am not a wanna be roadie, no offense to anyone who is, mad respect, but just not my style.

LadyDog

« Reply #13 on: 13 Sep 2012, 01:59 am »
Hey Tybee,
May have already posted them, but would love to see some pics of the Gios.  The Olmo for that matter too.  My first "real" road bike.  Had sweet anodized Galli components.

By chance your ride a 58 or 60cm?  ;)

JoshK

« Reply #14 on: 13 Sep 2012, 02:43 am »
Check this out.   http://youtu.be/WrnI2K_f6GU.   I find that inspiring and scary at the same time

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2012, 03:05 am »
on my alum carbon mix I this past weekend finish a century with no problems except a loose rear which required several adjustments of the quick release

JoshK

« Reply #16 on: 13 Sep 2012, 03:10 am »
Just to keep it humble...
http://youtu.be/WrnI2K_f6GU

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2012, 03:34 am »

If I had to choose 1 bike it would be a 6" all mountain bike like the Specialized Enduro. While not as easy to cross country as a Stump Jumper it can rip downhill very well. If I did not do downhill then a lighter bike would be the ticket.

Rocket_Keep It Simple_Ronny